Josh Hartnett Forum

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Josh Hartnett Forum » Фильмы. Movies » Человек дождя (Спектакль) / Rain Man (Performance)

Человек дождя (Спектакль) / Rain Man (Performance)

Сообщений 121 страница 150 из 156

17 ноября проходило обсуждение спектакля "Человек дождя". Это статья о мероприятии, с цитатами Джоша, Годли и других актеров. Буду очень благодарна, если кто нибудь прокомментирует самое важное из обсуждения.

Hartnett, Godley & Cast Discuss Rain Man Matters :flag:
Date: 18 November 2008
http://i004.radikal.ru/0811/51/7aabc30062d3.jpg
Theatregoers at our Whatsonstage.com Outing last night (17 November 2008) to the premiere stage adaptation of the 1988 Oscar-winning film Rain Man, starring Hollywood’s Josh Hartnett opposite Olivier-nominated British actor Adam Godley, were treated to an exclusive post-show discussion with a near-complete cast. Hartnett and Godley were joined on stage after the performance by fellow cast members Tilly Blackwood, Charles Daish and Mary Stockley to talk about their experiences on the production.

Hartnett, making his stage debut as Charlie Babbitt, and Godley as his autistic brother Raymond, take on the roles played on screen by Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman. When Raymond is released into Charlie’s care, Charlie tries to harness Raymond’s genius to save his business and the brothers embark on a rollercoaster journey beyond the hospital gates.

Rain Man is adapted by Hollywood screenwriter Dan Gordon and directed by Terry Johnson, who took over from original director David Grindley. The cast also features Colin Stinton. The production’s limited season at the Apollo Theatre continues until 20 December 2008.

Last night’s discussion took place in the theatre immediately after the performance and was chaired by Whatsonstage.com editorial director Terri Paddock. For more photos and feedback, visit our Outings Blog and for details of upcoming events, click here. Edited highlights from the Q&A follow
On why doing the play was attractive
Adam Godley: It is a very intimate and unusual story, to see two brothers going on this emotional journey. The dynamics between the brothers are also really interesting. You have an autistic character and his brother who also can’t communicate well, but for very different reasons.

Charles Daish: The attraction for me was three months’ work in the West End! The rest of the cast were obviously an attraction too. Tilly and I are obviously the mainstay of the show, though. We hold it together every night.

Tilly Blackwood: Every single night, twice on a Wednesday and twice on a Saturday.

Charles Daish: The others are very difficult to work with.

Josh Hartnett: Of course, for me part of the attraction of working in London was all the wonderful actors I was going to work with over here. That kind of sealed the deal. I chose to come over here for the first play I have done in 12 years because I felt like the reception to theatre here is different than it is in New York. In New York I think I could destroy a production just because there is only really one critic who will make or break a production there, and he doesn’t really take kindly to film actors making their stage debuts. It doesn’t ever go over very well.

Mary Stockley: Does it go over well here?

Hartnett: I don’t know. But at least there are more critics so maybe there’s a chance that one of them will go against the grain and say it is okay.
On the play vs the film
Hartnett: Obviously the film version is very well known. In a way it was a detraction rather than an attraction, because everyone has such high expectations, although at the same time I feel that many plays are done so often that people can also have high expectation there as well. I didn’t want people to automatically assume that we were trying to recreate the experience of the film; that just wouldn’t be possible. I don’t think we were trying to emulate any other actors either. I think we just had to do it our own way. We always looked at it as a completely separate piece. For this project, we had to crush 99 scenes into nine scenes. This is the result, it is what it is.
On researching autism
Hartnett: I did a movie, a true story about a guy who had Asperger’s Syndrome and his relationship with his wife who also has Asperger’s. These days I’m not sure exactly what they’re saying the difference between Asperger’s and autism is, but back then, this was five years ago, they were saying that clinically the difference arises when you are learning to read and write; at the age at which you learn to communicate. I think what’s defined as high-functioning autism has a lot of similarities with Asperger’s Syndrome. Some people would say that it’s the same thing. The movie was called Mozart and the Whale. I spent a lot of time with people with Asperger’s in research for it.

Godley: Somebody from the National Autistic Society came to talk to us to give us a very general overview. They were very helpful and they also organised for me to go down to some residential care facilities to absorb as much as I could. I realised as I was looking into it that, well, there is a quote in one of the books that says ‘when you have met one person with autism you have only met one person with autism’. Everybody is different. I felt that that gave me licence to create my own character in my way. You can’t say ‘that is autism’ and pin it down. Everyone is different so I just took whatever I could find and stored it away and then in rehearsal I was able to draw on that.

Blackwood: The funny thing about playing opposite someone who is playing a character with autism is that you usually look at each other when you’re acting, but with this play you don’t engage with the character you’re playing opposite in that way, which is quite strange.

Godley: I’m not an expert on autism, but that is definitely one of the many things that I wanted to bring into this work. It is quite weird. Josh and I, we only look at each other in one moment during the play, in that dance, and not at all anywhere else.

Hartnett: I examine the back of your head a lot.

Godley: And I can tell you everything about this floor.
On audience reactions
Godley: I have had some very nice feedback. No one who is outraged and horrified has been in contact yet, but those people that very generously come to the stage door and have a sibling or a child, or work with people with autism, have been very generous and sweet about it. Obviously, I felt a great responsibility not to exploit it in any way and not to promote misunderstandings.
On differences between working on stage & screen
Godley: You can see for yourselves, it is such a nonsense that there is a prejudice about film actors working on stage. Some actors can and some can’t, some are good and some are bad. It sort of made me a bit angry that there seemed to be this decision being made to some extent before the event. It’s a ridiculous generalisation and I think Josh has shown that.

Hartnett: I paid him to say that! I don’t read any of the reviews so I have no idea how any of it is going down.

Daish: But Josh is just awful to work with.

Blackwood: We are shielding it brilliantly, but we really hate each other!

Stockley: I think (working on a) film is quite lonely really.

Hartnett: Some people like being lonely - I’ve given myself away there! I am answering from the perspective of a novice in the theatre world, and I have to say that this has been a life-changing experience. I don’t mean that in a naff sort of way. I mean that in a very real way. I feel more a part of a community of actors than I ever have in my life. I think there is a great camaraderie over here. I think it might exist in New York theatre too, and I think it is something to do with being on stage and seeing each other through your best and worst times over the course of months.
On life in London
Hartnett: Everybody runs into each other all the time here too. The amount of times I’ve gone to a bar or a restaurant and have run into about eight actors that I’ve worked with over here in London before. Everybody seems to be very supportive of each other. We had a terrific, amazingly talented actor-director come in a few weeks ago and really lay it out honestly about what he thought the production was doing well and not so well. That is good to hear, particularly from people in the industry. In the movie business, you don’t really see each other that often – it’s not like everybody goes and hangs out at the same place. I don’t live in Los Angeles so I never see anybody from the movies, and I never really get that perspective or that sort of critique from my peers so that is what I’ve really enjoyed about this. I think I will do a lot more theatre - hopefully, if I ever get another job!

I have had some rough patches with the press here so far, but I live in New York and I think that New York and London are quite similar. They are both big cities with a lot happening, except that London closes at like what, four in the afternoon? I’m getting lots of sleep. I like being here. The strangest thing about this year is that I haven’t really had any time back home so I get to go home for Christmas and I’m very excited about that. I come to London all the time and I have worked here before and I have a lot of friends here so I feel right at home.
On keeping the energy up through the run
Godley: The audience helps, the reception you get from them, really helps. It makes it feel so worthwhile when you feel the audience is with you. In terms of keeping the energy going, it’s very exhausting. You wake up that morning and the fact that that night you’re going to be going on stage slightly affects everything that you do during the day. I guess it’s just part of the discipline, just finding that energy to get through the performance.

Daish: The rehearsal process is there to build what is hopefully an extremely solid foundation.

Hartnett: I think that you’re forgetting that we only had three weeks for this production!

Daish: That is loads of time … I think that after rehearsals you have got that something, that scaffolding that you can still build up from.

Godley: I can bounce off the other cast members as well. Josh just has so much energy.

Stockley: Each performance is very different as well. Each and every performance varies, it is a unique event.

Hartnett: Just yesterday I went and saw Ivanov and I thought that everybody was so fantastic in that. Suddenly, I felt like part of the theatre tradition and I felt quite a revived interest. Not that I wasn’t interested before that, but it is just that sometimes you can get a little stale, or let performances slide by without really thinking about them. That is the worst, when you find yourself saying the lines or thinking about whether or not you’re going to make it through the performance because you ate that burger before you came on. You want to be there and you really want to be emotive and excited about the experience. Having that community of people around you really helps.
On American accents
Blackwood: I demanded that I saw an accent coach even before the first read-through because I am notoriously bad with accents. It is really hard.

Audience member: I think accents are hard to do, but I think you all do a good job. I have been living here for eight years and I still can’t do an English accent.

Blackwood: Where are you from?

Audience member: Cincinnati! (where the play is set)

Hartnett: If you find yourself near K-Mart, you could save me a lot of money.
On the play’s ending
Hartnett: The brothers aren’t going to be separated. Charlie is going to give up his life. That is just what I think. I like that there’s an incremental change at the end. There’s a catharsis there, but it’s tempered by the reality of the situation. It’s not like he just spins on a dime and says ‘okay, here goes being the best guy in the world’. He’s not going to do that, he’s still going to be Charlie, but he is going to have someone who he actually cares about. He recognises what love is at the end of the play.

- by Kate Jackson

Источник

интересный отзыв от просто зрителя : 
"...The Apollo Theatre in Shaftesbury avenue is decorated in an old fashioned manner and has the accounstics of an old school theatre. I haven’t visited the theatre in a few years but went to watch Rain Man which is currently showing there. Some reviews have been negative but I really can’t understand why. Rain Man is well acted, particularly considering this is Josh Hartnetts first play - a bold move for a film star who could be doing easier and better paid work. It is also touching and very funny. The sets are well designed, the dialogue well written and Adam Godley as Raymond (Rain Man) is brilliant.

As an added bonus if you are a straight female (or gay male) fan of Hartnett, he takes his shirt off during the course of the play and shows us men the body we could have if we bothered to work out. One woman, obviously there for Hartnett’s presence said “Oh My God,” out loud when he took his shirt off which was an added comic bonus..."  :D

Людмила написал(а):

интересный отзыв от просто зрителя :

:D  :cool: Какие невыдержанные дамы ходят на этот спектакль!!!! когда я была, в тот день никто ничего не сказал, когда Джош снял рубашку, все только дружно вдохнули: "Ах!!!"... и тишина...  o.O  :D

Miaow написал(а):

Какие невыдержанные дамы ходят на этот спектакль!!!! когда я была, в тот день никто ничего не сказал, когда Джош снял рубашку, все только дружно вдохнули: "Ах!!!"... и тишина...

Действительно :D причем все до одной невыдержанные...и кто,интересно, виноват? сценарист, наверное http://i031.radikal.ru/0803/b6/6394d6c18a2b.gif

Miaow написал(а):

Какие невыдержанные дамы ходят на этот спектакль!!!! когда я была, в тот день никто ничего не сказал, когда Джош снял рубашку, все только дружно вдохнули: "Ах!!!"... и тишина..

http://i006.radikal.ru/0803/91/07a14975ffde.gif  я представляю что бы там со мной случилось!  http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/blush.gif 

Людмила написал(а):

и кто,интересно, виноват? сценарист, наверное

да-да!  http://i049.radikal.ru/0803/d9/780e3da1d856.gif  только он...)

Людмила написал(а):

сценарист, наверное

Он, гад...  :disappointed:

Кира написал(а):

я представляю что бы там со мной случилось!

Я рада, что у меня сердечный приступ не случился  :D легко отделалась, гыгы...

Miaow написал(а):

Я рада, что у меня сердечный приступ не случился

да уж, ты кремень!!!!  http://i049.radikal.ru/0803/d9/780e3da1d856.gif  мне б твою выдержку!))

Pay up over David Tennant, Royal Shakespeare Company is told
The Royal Shakespeare Company has declined to reimburse the Doctor Who fans who paid up to £48 each to see David Tennant play Hamlet but ended up with the actor's understudy. Devotees of Josh Hartnett were, however, offered alternative tickets when the Hollywood star was indisposed during two nights of the run of Rain Man. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/good.gif 
"I think that's the right way to do it," says Adam Godley, who plays the autistic brother opposite Hartnett in the play, which ends its West End run on Saturday. "You can't lure people into a theatre under false pretences. If people have paid to see the man whose name is up in lights outside the theatre it's necessary to deliver."

Godley, who received rave reviews for his performance, says he believes Hartnett has grown into the role during the 16-week run. "It was Josh's first play in the West End and I have no doubt that we will be seeing him here again before too long," says the likeable 44-year-old actor. "A lot of theatre actors go out to Hollywood, so I have no problem with traffic coming in the other direction, too. Theatre has always needed stars."
Источник

Очень успешная постановка спектакля "Человек Дождя", с Джошем Хартнеттом и Адамом Годли в главных ролях,в эту субботу подходит к концу. Спектакль получил неплохие отзывы критиков и искреннюю любовь зрителей. Исполнители главных ролей обрели целую армию восторженных поклонников!  http://doodoo.ru/smiles/wo/encore.gif   http://doodoo.ru/smiles/wo/encore.gif   http://doodoo.ru/smiles/wo/encore.gif   http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/clapping.gif   http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/clapping.gif   http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/clapping.gif   http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/vishenka/l_daisy.gif   http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/vishenka/l_daisy.gif   http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/vishenka/l_daisy.gif 
Здесь один из последних обзоров спектакля.
Hartnett, Godley triumph in stage Rain Man
The very successful run of “Rain Man” at London’s Apollo Theatre comes to an end Saturday night but my review was delayed due to unforeseen circumstances. It was a very good production, so here’s my review for the record.

Apollo Theatre, London (through Dec. 20)

Reversing the usual path of play to movie, the hit West End production of "Rain Man," with an adaptation by Dan Gordon, has Hollywood star Josh Hartnett in the film's Tom Cruise role and British stage veteran Adam Godley in the role for which Dustin Hoffman won an Oscar.

They are both very good, with Hartnett matching Cruise for charisma and in the harried selfishness that typifies salesman Charlie, younger brother of the institutionalized autistic Raymond. Godley inhabits Rain Man with his own ideas of how to play the part, and the two men do a convincing job of portraying both the things that separate them and those that bring them together.

Unable to duplicate the elements of a road picture in the theater, writer Gordon stages key scenes in a series of dull motel rooms where the austere furnishings allow the siblings' unlikely but colorful relationship to flourish.

Director Terry Johnson knows how to make the best use of two characters within four walls, and the interplay between Charlie and Raymond is entertainingly realized as the younger brother's initial feeling of resentment gives way to understanding and sympathy.

Tall and snapping with energy, Hartnett succeeds in making Charlie's transition from seeking only to exploit the situation to one of trying to make it work. Godley takes a different path from Hoffman's movie performance, playing Raymond with a high-pitched rush of words that gradually give way to the kind of calm that results from a feeling of safety. It's a strong and touching performance.

The time frame has been updated to a post-9/11 world so that the things Raymond can recall in amazing detail have a modern sensibility and the things he's scared of include being on a United Airlines flight.

Less sentimental than the film, the stage "Rain Man" manages to simplify the obstacles and crosscurrents that affect the two brothers while not minimizing their dramatic impact.

It would be surprising if other enterprising actors did not want to take on the roles that Gordon has adapted so cleverly, so this is a play that should travel well.

Presented by Nica Burns, Jane Walmsley, Michael Braham, Max Weitzenhoffer.
Cast: Josh Hartnett, Adam Godley, Tilly Blackwood, Charles Daish, Colin Stinton, Mary Stockley
Playwright: Dan Gordon; based on the MGM motion picture, story by Barry Morrow
Director: Terry Johnson
Set designer: Jonathan Fensom
Lighting designer: Jason Taylor
Sound designer: Fergus O'Hare
Music: Colin Towns

Источник

http://s50.radikal.ru/i130/0812/ef/f0d90b64f88a.jpg

интересный спектакль правдо я не слушала текст а смотрела!...........

Можно поздравить Джоша с успешным окончанием спектакля и забыть о нем( о Джоше ) как минимум до февраля , сейчас пока всю Меннисоту не обойдет , фиг увидим !

I can´t  believe it´s all over right in this moment :(

Алоха! I too can't believe it ...hope we meet again...    :'(

yeah true! but have we met, i mean you and me?

Алоха написал(а):

yeah true! but have we met, i mean you and me?

I am afraid not .

Big name pulls crowd? No problem

I managed to catch the last performance of Rain Man in the West End. I was wary of going as I loved the movie, but the stage version proved a great evening. The producer Nica Burns showed me the results of a survey she had conducted among 1,000 members of the audience over a four-week period. Over 70 per cent of the audience was under 35; many had not been to the theatre before, and their main reason for coming was the presence of Hollywood star Josh Hartnett. So it's official – Hollywood stars do bring in a new audience. Thankfully, this one was a very fine actor.
Источник

Hollywood-Factor Attracts Younger Audiences???
Date: 30 December 2008
   http://i048.radikal.ru/0803/3d/92599657e398.gif 

A survey conducted of audiences to Rain Man, which recently finished at the Apollo theatre and starred Adam Godley alongisde Hollywood heart-throb Josh Hartnett, has confirmed what many may have already suspected – that casting a star Hollywood name attracts younger and less regular theatregoing audiences.

The survey, commissioned by producer Nimax Theatres and answered by over 1,000 audience members, revealed that 75% of them were under 35, and 31% under 24. Of those surveyed, 15% had not been to another theatre production in the previous 12 months, while 58% described themselves as not being regular theatregoers. And the reason they were there? Over 50% admitted that their primary motivation for seeing the play was to see Josh Hartnett.

Nica Burns, a producer of Rain Man and Chief Executive of Nimax Theatres, said of the survey: “How do you attract the young to the theatre? Put a talented young film actor into a great contemporary story, then turn it into a terrific production. The Rain Man audience profile shows how the power of film can be harnessed to attract a new, young theatre going audience … I very much hope we can tempt them to come to theatre again.”

Источник

Коротко,о чем в  предыдущем сообщении :  :)
Среди аудитории  спектакля  «Человек Дождя» , в котором принимали участие Адам Годли и голливудский сердцеед Джош Хартнетт,  был проведен опрос. Он подтвердил то, что многие, возможно, уже подозревали – звезды привлекают в театр новых зрителей.
Цифры опроса таковы : Из 1000 опрошенных - 75% моложе 35 лет, из них 31% моложе 24 лет. Из числа всех опрошенных 15% не были в театрах более 12 месяцев, а 58% вообще не называют себя театралами . Более 50% из них пришли на постановку именно из-за Джоша Хартнетта.  (а мы то думали... http://i049.radikal.ru/0803/d9/780e3da1d856.gif  )

:flag:
http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090104/FiUmVMHMlI.jpg

http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090104/mc3VUjQiv6.jpg

http://pic.ipicture.ru/uploads/090104/B15b4Caunf.jpg

soleil! хорошие фотки! на второй чубчик у Джоша похож на ирокез))) и, гляньте, Джош не побрился перед спектаклем! наверное,надоело...  http://i035.radikal.ru/0803/ad/5b77de258a06.gif

Людмила написал(а):

хорошие фотки! на второй чубчик у Джоша похож на ирокез)

а что прикольно))) http://i047.radikal.ru/0803/8a/8c9a88ee9d8f.gif  уж лучше чем на третей фотке(прилизано больно)))))

Людмила написал(а):

Джош не побрился перед спектаклем! наверное,надоело...

........наверное)))) щетинка не мешает))) http://i012.radikal.ru/0803/a1/cf832100d81e.gif

‘Power of film’ draws young to theatre, finds Nimax

Published Wednesday 7 January 2009 at 14:30 by Alistair Smith

Star names can help attract new, younger audiences to theatre, results from a survey conducted by West End theatre operator Nimax have shown.
Josh Hartnett (Charlie) and Adam Godley (Raymond) in Rain Man at the Apollo Theatre, London

Josh Hartnett (Charlie) and Adam Godley (Raymond) in Rain Man at the Apollo Theatre, London Photo: Tristram Kenton

The theatre group, which owns five West End venues, surveyed audiences at its recent production of Rain Man at the Apollo Theatre, featuring Hollywood actor Josh Hartnett, who has appeared in blockbuster films such as Pearl Harbour and Sin City.

Results from the questionnaire, which was completed by more than 1,000 theatregoers, showed that the majority of the audience - 50.5% - had chosen to come to see the show because of Hartnett’s casting.

Out of those who had not bought tickets because of the star, the next largest percentage - 15% - were fans of the film upon which the play was based. Only 8% said they had come to see the show because of reviews they had read, compared to 12% who had attended based on a friend’s recommendation.

However, nearly a third of all respondents had first heard about the show via word of mouth, while 10% had learned of it through reviews and 17% through adverts in the press.

The results of the survey also revealed that 15% of the audience had not been to the theatre in the previous 12 months, which would translate to around 10,000 new or infrequent theatregoers over the course of the run. The vast majority of the audience for the show - 75% - was under 35, with 31% under 24, an age group traditionally believed to be difficult to attract to the theatre.

Rain Man producer and Nimax chief executive Nica Burns said the results showed that the way to attract younger audiences to the theatre was to “put a talented young film actor into a great contemporary story and turn it into a terrific production”.

She added: “The Rain Man audience profile shows how the power of film can be harnessed to attract a new, young theatre-going audience… I very much hope we can tempt them to come to theatre again.”

Rain Man closed at the Apollo Theatre on December 20.
http://www.thestage.co.uk/news/newsstor … atre-finds

Пух написал(а):

‘Power of film’ draws young to theatre, finds Nimax

Людмила попросила перевести.

Сила фильмов привлекает в театр молодежь
Результаты обзора, проводимого театральным оператором West End «Nimax», показали, что звездные имена помогают привлекать новую, молодую аудиторию в театр.
Театральная группа, которая владеет пятью местами в West End, проанализировала аудиторию своей недавней постановки «Человек дождя» в театре Apollo, в которой принимал участие голливудский актер Джош Хартнетт, снимавшийся в таких блокбастерах, как «Перл Харбор» и «Город Греха».
Результаты анкетирования, в котором приняли участие более 1000 театралов, показали, что большинство аудитории – 50,5% - решили посетить представление из-за участия в нем Хартнетта.
Из тех, кто покупал билеты не из-за звезды, наибольший процент – 15% - были поклонниками фильма, на сюжете которого была основана постановка. Только 8% сказали, что пришли увидеть постановку, так как следили за обзорами, также 12% были привлечены рекомендациями друзей.
Однако, приблизительно треть всех опрашиваемых впервые узнала о показе вербально, в то время, как  10% узнали об этом через обзоры и 17% через объявления в печати.

Результаты обзора также выявили, что 15% из аудитории не бывали в театре в предыдущие 12 месяцев, что говорит о привлечении около 10,000 новых или нечастых театралов за период показа спектакля. Обширное большинство аудитории показа - 75% - было под 35 лет, 31% под 24 года, это та возрастная группа, которую обычно трудно привлечь в театр.
Продюсер «Человека дождя» и руководитель «Nimax» Nica Burns сказала, что результаты показали, что для привлечения молодой аудитории в театр нужно «взять талантливого молодого актера из киноиндустрии в хорошую современную историю и сделать из этого потрясающую постановку».
Она добавила: «Профиль аудитории «Человека дождя» показывает, как сила фильма может быть использована для привлечения новой, молодой театральной аудитории… Я очень надеюсь, что мы сможем снова привлечь их в театр».

tatie написал(а):

Людмила попросила перевести.

Сила фильмов привлекает в театр молодежь

tatie!!!  Cпасибо большое!   :cool:   
Это здорово,что спектакль "Человек дождя" так хорошо прошел,и что они даже проанализировали этот успех. Думаю,это зачтется Джошу Хартнетту и поможет в его карьере !  [взломанный сайт]

tatie, спасибо за перевод!!! Умница наша... [взломанный сайт]

http://s56.radikal.ru/i151/0901/00/75e695f3580a.jpg

Audiences take a shine to West End stars
Their presence drew autograph-hunting crowds to the West End's stage doors. And the cachet of stars such as Josh Hartnett and David Tennant helped attract record audiences to London's theatres last year.

Attendances at plays and musicals reached nearly 14m in 2008 - a 1% increase on the previous year, which was also a record breaker, the Society of London Theatre (Solt) said. There were also record box office takings of almost £480.6m, up by more than £10m on the previous year.

While the critics have not always been ecstatic - Hartnett's performance in Rain Man was described by the Guardian's Michael Billington as "perfectly competent" - big Hollywood names and reality television shows in which audiences help choose the cast are credited with bringing in newcomers and younger theatre-goers.

Richard Pulford, chief executive of Solt, cited the stage version of the Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman film Rain Man, at the Apollo, and Kevin Spacey and Jeff Goldblum in David Mamet's Speed-the-Plow at the Old Vic, as among the top star draws of 2008.

Pulford said: "Josh Harnett did very well in Rain Man. He gave a terrific performance. And it had a film behind it, which makes a difference. Kenneth Branagh in [Checkov's] Ivanov at the Donmar pulled in very good audiences - he's both a film and theatre star."

He said Tennant, the Doctor Who star, was another terrific draw as Hamlet. "I don't think the Royal Shakespeare Company has ever had such good audiences in London. Stars always have an impact. People are less likely to see a play they've never heard of, by a writer they've never heard of and starring someone they don't know. Hollywood stars often attract a new audience - usually a younger audience."

Pulford said television shows, such as the BBC's I'd do Anything, in which audiences voted to select who would play Nancy and the lead role in the musical Oliver!, were also helping to boost box office numbers.

"The reality shows do help to raise the profile of West End theatre," he said. "There are queues around the block for Oliver! When the television shows go out it may be months before the theatre production's on stage, but the television audience will try to book, and then go for another show when they find out it isn't on yet."

So far, the signs are that London theatres will continue to enjoy success in 2009, with Imelda Staunton, star of Vera Drake and Harry Potter, and Gavin & Stacey's Mathew Horne in Joe Orton's Entertaining Mr Sloane among the new attractions. "Advance ticket sales are at historically high levels," said Pulford. "At the moment they're at £57m - about two years ago they were £30m."

He denied big-name productions and the revival of classics were pushing out new talent, pointing to the success of The Female of the Species, allegedly based on Germaine Greer's life.

Источник

Я, кажется, не показывала вам фотку, сделанную в ноябре: вид на улицу Shaftsbury Avenue, видны вывески театров (Lyric, Apollo), и афиша "Rainman"... Эх, жаль, что спектакль закончился...  :'(
http://photofile.ru/photo/josh_hartnett/115215185/large/124241351.jpg

Да, и ещё воть:
http://photofile.ru/photo/josh_hartnett/115215185/large/124242060.jpg

http://photofile.ru/photo/josh_hartnett/115215185/large/124242062.jpg

http://photofile.ru/photo/josh_hartnett/115215185/large/124242065.jpg

http://photofile.ru/photo/josh_hartnett/115215185/large/124242067.jpg

Вы здесь » Josh Hartnett Forum » Фильмы. Movies » Человек дождя (Спектакль) / Rain Man (Performance)