Josh Hartnett Forum

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Josh Hartnett Forum » Биография. Biography » Интервью Джоша / Josh's interviews

Интервью Джоша / Josh's interviews

Сообщений 151 страница 180 из 228

Это интервью необходимо прочитать!
New Again: Josh Hartnett
This spring, Josh Hartnett will star alongside Timothy Dalton and Eva Greene in Showtime's new horror series, Penny Dreadful. Set in Victorian London, creator John Logan has promised the show will be "highly erotic" and "very bloody." The first pictures leaked earlier this week, and our interest was piqued.

Most of all, however, we're excited to Josh Hartnett in a high-quality show. Hartnett's early career was promising: he had parts in Sofia Coppola's entrancing debut The Virgin Suicides and Robert Rodriguez's self-consciously campy horror romp The Faculty. Then... things meandered. By 2011, Hartnett seemed destined for made-for-television purgatory.

We spoke with the Minnesota-raised actor several times at the beginning of his career and have reprinted one of our conversations below from our 2000 "Valentine issue." At 21, Hartnett seemed very, very young.

Josh Harnett
By Elizabeth Weitzman

"Knocking all the girls and their mothers right off their feet" is how Josh Hartnett describes the powerhouse effect of Trip Fontaine, his character in The Virgin Suicides, Sofia Coppola's nuanced first feature as a director, which opens in April. Heads turn and hearts break when 17-year-old Trip rolls languidly down the high-school corridors in this adaptation of Jeffrey Eugenides's darkly comic novel about the fate that befalls celestial schoolgirl Lux Lisbon and her equally mythical sisters. When Hartnett arrived in Hollywood from Minnesota, after being kicked out of acting school, he incited a pretty similar reaction. Within two months, he'd found himself a regular TV gig (on Cracker), immediately followed by a brief stop in Teen Horrorland, via Halloween: H20 and The Faculty. From there, he moved smoothly into an unbroken chain of upcoming releases (along with The Virgin Suicides, he's wrapped Blow Dry, Here on Earth, Town and Country, and next month's O).

We can't claim immunity to the charms that got Harnett this far this fast. When he pulls on Trip's velvet bell-bottoms (the movie is set in the '70s), they fit so well it's hard to remember the bemused, introspective 21-year-old actor inside them. But by the same token, when Hartnett strides down that corridor as Trip, he's moving from up-and-comer status to here-right-now.

ELIZABETH WEITZMAN: Was it hard to get into the head of a character like Trip?

JOSH HARTNETT: No, it was pretty easy. He's like this former fat boy coming into his own. He just eases right into the lifestyle of utter joy, doing whatever he can to stimulate himself in all the right ways.

WEITZMAN: Is there anything actually in his head?

HARTNETT: I think what he wants from the world is to move to Acapulco and live on the beach with an older woman. In the meantime, he's just trying to seduce and hang out. But then he falls in love with Lux and everything gets twisted and he has to think again.

WEITZMAN: He does hurt her terribly. Do you think he's culpable at all in her suicide?

HARTNETT: He definitely has something to do with it but, from a more mature standpoint I would say that if someone is going to commit suicide, she's going to commit suicide. I would never hold a single other person responsible for that.

WEITZMAN: I was impressed with the light touch the film uses on the topic.

HARTNETT: If you really break it down, suicide is not something you can explain. This is not a story that's meant to enlighten everyone on the intricacies of taking your own life.

WEITZMAN: Do you think it's a cautionary tale in any way?

HARTNETT: You could probably sit and figure out who's to blame, but I'm not sure. I see movies all the time that manipulate you by playing a high note on the piano or some string instrument, and suddenly you're crying. I'm sick of being told what to think.

WEITZMAN: Is there anything about Trip that's similar to who you were in high school?

HARTNETT: He's kind of an alter ego I always wanted, so that sometimes I could say, All right, screw it. I'm just going to be.

WEITZMAN: Were you ever able to do that?

HARTNETT: Whenever I took time off from all my worrying, yes. Like right now, I'm just kind of Trippin' it.

WEITZMAN: How is he different from who you were most of the time?

HARTNETT: I don't think he has that third eye pointed at himself. I think it's pointed at the clouds, thinking of some Led Zeppelin song.

WEITZMAN: Are you particularly drawn to dark characters—or characters who, if not dark themselves, participate in other people's darkness? I'm thinking of Trip's willful irresponsibility.

HARTNETT: I like to think there's a little darkness and a little lightness in [all the characters I play]. Trip is kind of an innocent until the end. It's more interesting when people overcome inner turbulence, but at the same time I do like the innocent. Have you ever read The Idiot? I think Dostoyevsky created a brilliant character there. He doesn't have any self-inflicted wounds. I love that. People don't like him because he's so pure.

WEITZMAN: One of Lux's sisters, who suffers from many self-inflicted wounds, says that there's no pain worse than adolescence. Do you agree, or do you think life can get worse?

HARTNETT: I don't think it gets worse. It's a pretty scary time. So many emotions come up and you don't really have the wisdom to make the right choices. You can really screw yourself in adolescence.

WEITZMAN: There have been so many real-life situations lately where kids have acted out horribly on their pain and rage. Why do you think this is?

HARTNETT: Well, I think the fact that we allow guns in our country is the main problem with school shootings. [So many people] have guns and their way of dealing with stress or with a person they don't like is just to blow them away. The next thing you know, we'll be giving people rocket launchers. The right to bear arms—that is fuckin' bullshit. I would rather somebody walk up with a knife and really have to feel what they're doing than for them to be able to take this mindless action that feels like nothing, like a video game.

WEITZMAN: Do you blame incessant images of violence are to blame?

HARTNETT: I don't know, but it's kind of disturbing that sex can't be shown on TV but they'll show a million killings. I don't know why we're so much more afraid of our bodies.

WEITZMAN: And what about you? How do you feel about doing nude scenes?

HARTNETT: I'm not comfortable with it yet, but we'll see. Some people have this meat-market mentality, so you've got to take your shirt off because it will bring girls into the theater. When that comes up on set, I challenge it.

WEITZMAN: Do they ask you to do that often?

HARTNETT: No. I don't have a very good body. Some of these guys work out every day. I work out maybe once a year, so they've got me beat.

WEITZMAN: Do you think youth culture is lopsided in favor of MTV-style instant gratification, or are teens getting a pretty representative cross section of influences right now?

HARTNETT: The people who are getting a good cross section are reading books. For every good teen movie—and they will never call The Virgin Suicides a teen movie—there are 10 bad ones. There's so much crap coming out of every orifice of the industry that it's hard to find anything good. It's not anybody's fault; it's just the general ideals in Hollywood.

WEITZMAN: Hollywood is probably as tough a place to be as high school in a way.

HARTNETT: It is high school.

WEITZMAN: [laughs] Did you know what it was going to be like when you went out there?

HARTNETT: My opinions definitely changed when I got there. I thought it was going to be this magical place where people walked around in slouch hats and overalls and carried monstrous signs. When I saw Chaplin, I thought that was the way Hollywood is—except a little more built-up. I thought all of the studio heads would just kind of wink across the tops of buildings at each other and say, "Aha!" So I was kind of disappointed. I moved away pretty quickly.

WEITZMAN: When you first got there, did you expect to wait on tables for three years or did you think you'd start working right away?

HARTNETT: [laughs] I was like, Oh, I've seen enough movies—it's not going to be so hard. I had no idea. Luckily it happened that way or I would have come home and done something else.

WEITZMAN: How long would you have waited?

HARTNETT: I gave myself two months.

WEITZMAN: What would you have done if it hadn't worked out like that. Did you have a backup plan?

HARTNETT: I never had any backup.

WEITZMAN: What do you think you might be if you weren't an actor?

HARTNETT: A professional football player.

WEITZMAN: You would have to start working out.

HARTNETT: Oh, no. I just want it to happen. I don't want to work for it.

WEITZMAN: If you ended your acting career, would you miss anything?

HARTNETT: I would just be mush. I wouldn't do anything if I didn't have something I was working for.

WEITZMAN: But you're not working on anything right at this minute.

HARTNETT: I'm searching for the right girl right now. That's my goal.

WEITZMAN: To a degree, The Virgin Suicides is about the cosmic mystery that separates boys and girls. Trip really doesn't understand girls at all.

HARTNETT: No, but he does know how to seduce them. They're two completely different things.

WEITZMAN: Did you understand girls when you were his age?

HARTNETT: I don't think I really understand girls now.

WEITZMAN: But do you know how to seduce them?

HARTNETT: I doubt it. I figured out the only way to get women in high school was not to care that much. Now I realize that you have to live your life and eventually they'll be attracted to you and you'll be attracted to them and it will just happen. I think. I think.

WEITZMAN: Does love generally mean different things to boys and girls?

HARTNETT: Yes. I think guys understand love a little better than girls.

WEITZMAN: Really? How so?

HARTNETT: Guys think of love as a feeling, which means that if you do something wrong you can still love somebody. So guys are constantly screwing up and then saying, "But I love you!" And girls have a different standard for love.

WEITZMAN: Did you screw up a lot when you were a teenager?

HARTNETT: Oh yeah. I screwed up and I'm still screwing up. I can't give it up. It's like it's my pastime.

WEITZMAN: Are you single right now?

HARTNETT: Yes, kind of.

WEITZMAN: Have you ever had your heart broken as bad as Lux does?

HARTNETT: I have had my heart broken, and it's no fun. But I'd rather have my heart broken than break someone else's.

WEITZMAN: Who's going to be your Valentine this year?

HARTNETT: Some girl.

WEITZMAN: Do you have a specific girl in mind?

HARTNETT: Yeah, but things change. We'll see. I don't know.

WEITZMAN: Is it important to you to have a Valentine?

HARTNETT: As far as Valentine's Day or in general?

WEITZMAN: For Valentine's Day.

HARTNETT: No, not at all. In grade school we passed out little hearts that said "I love you," and we all got to eat candy. That's when Valentine's Day mattered to me. Now every day is Valentine's Day.

THIS ARTICLE INTIALLY APPEARED IN THE FEBRUARY 2000 ISSUE OF INTERVIEW.
Ссылка

valerie перевела для нас интервью с Джошем, разговор состоялся в 2000 году, и только сейчас, в рамках промоушена Penny Dreadful, интервью опубликовали в интернете, Джош совсем молодой, наивный, кокетничает вовсю, читайте и ещё раз спасибо valerie!!! http://hartnettjosh.org/sml/2101.gif https://forumstatic.ru/files/0000/0e/cb/13471.gif https://forumstatic.ru/files/0000/0e/cb/59992.gif

Этой весной Джош Хартнетт, вместе с Тимоти Далтоном и Евой Грин, появится в новом телехорроре от канала Showtime Penny Dreadful. События сериала развиваются в викторианском Лондоне, а создатель – Джон Логан – пообещал, что шоу будет «чрезвычайно эротическим» и «в высшей мере кровавым». В начале этой недели появились первые кадры будущего сериала, и это разожгло наше любопытство.

В большей мере, наверное, мы взволнованы участием Джоша Хартнетта в качественном телепродукте. Начало его карьеры было многообещающим, он снялся в удивительном режиссерском дебюте Софии Копполы «Девственицы-самоубийцы», и в ставшем визитной карточкой Роберта Родригеса молодежном ужастике «Факультет». А затем… он отклонился от курса. До 2011, Хартнетт, похоже, совершенно не интересовался проектами для телевидения.

В начале его карьеры мы несколько раз разговаривали с актером, выросшим в Миннесоте, и сейчас перепечатываем одну из наших бесед из «Валентинки» 2000 г. Ему 21, и он еще очень, очень юн.

Josh Harnett
Elizabeth Weitzman

«Просто разит наповал всех встречных девушек и их мам,» - так Джош Хартнетт описывает эффект Трипа Фонтейна, его героя из фильма Софии Копполы «Девственницы-самоубийцы», который выйдет на экраны в апреле. (интервью брали в декабре-январе, чтоб приурочить его в праздничному выпуску журнала – на День Св. Валентина). Когда 17 летний Трип томно дефилирует по коридору школы, то сворачиваются шеи и разбиваются сердца. Картина - это адаптации книги Джеффри Эугенидеса о жизни и смерти восхитительной Люкс Лисбон и ее загадочных сестер. Когда Хартнетт приехал из Миннесоты в Голливуд, после того, как его отчислили из актерской школы, на него реагировали приблизительно также. В течение двух месяцев, которые он выделил для себя, он получил роль в телесериале (Кракер), немедленно перекочевал в молодежные ужастики «Хеллоуин: H20» и «Факультет». Затем последовала плотная череда разнообразных фильмов (одновременно с «Девственницами-самоубийцами» он снялся в «Американском цирюльнике», «Городе и деревне», и в следующем месяце – «О»).

Невозможно выработать иммунитет к чарам Хартнетта, благодаря которым он так быстро оказался на вершине. Ведь когда он надевает бархатный костюм Трипа (действие фильма развивается в 70-х), он так ему идет, что совершенно невозможно разглядеть в нем смущенного замкнутого актера 21 года от роду. Но, и вдобавок ко всему, когда Хратнетт быстрым шагом идет по коридору, мы все равно видим Трипа. .

ELIZABETH WEITZMAN: Сложно ли было залезть в голову такому персонажу, как Трип?

JOSH HARTNETT: Нет, это было очень легко. Он похож на вредного мальчишку, предоставленному самому себе. Он просто облегчает себе жизнь, стремиться только к удовольствиям, занимается только тем, что не требует никаких усилий.

WEITZMAN
: А, действительно, у него есть какие-то мысли?

HARTNETT:
Думаю, все, что он хочет от этой жизни – это переехать в Акапулько и жить там, на побережье с женщиной старше его. А пока он занят тем, что соблазняет и бросает девушек. Но вдруг он влюбляется в Люкс, и все переворачивается с ног на голову и ему нужно хорошенько задуматься.

WEITZMAN: Он так жестоко ее обидел. Как думаешь, не он ли подтолкнул ее к самоубийству?

HARTNETT: Определенно, он к этому приложил руку, но с более зрелой точки зрения, я бы сказал, что если девушка захочет наложить на себя руки, то она это сделает. Я бы ни за что не возложил ответственность за это на кого-то другого.

WEITZMAN: Я поражена, насколько легко и мягко в фильме обсуждается эта тема.

HARTNETT: Если вы действительно хотите в этом разобраться, то самоубийство – это не то, что поддается объяснению. Фильм - это не та история, целью которой было высветить все и вынудить всех задуматься о собственной жизни.

WEITZMAN: А тебе не кажется, что это все-таки поучительная притча?

HARTNETT: Наверное, можно сидеть и размышлять о том, кто виноват, но не уверен. Я видел, как в фильмах постоянно манипулируют нашим сознанием – когда пианино или струнный инструмент постоянно играют одну и ту же пронзительную мелодию, и вдруг ты начинаешь плакать. Я просто бешусь, когда мне указывают, о чем нужно задуматься.

WEITZMAN: А когда ты учился в школе, в тебе были каике-то черты от Трипа?

HARTNETT: Наверное, он - мое алтер эго, кем я всегда хотел быть. Чтобы иногда я мог бы сказать: «Хорошо, а теперь отвалите от меня, я сделаю так, как надо мне».

WEITZMAN: А ты на такое способен?

HARTNETT: Когда перестаю принимать вещи близко к сердцу, то да. Вот как сейчас, я просто следую рецепту от Трипа.

WEITZMAN:
А как он отличается от того, кем ты являешься большей частью?

HARTNETT:
Не думаю, что у него есть третий глаз, направленный на созерцание своего внутреннего мира. Думаю, он просто смотрит в облака, а в голове у него крутится песня Led Zeppelin.

WEITZMAN: А ты предпочитаешь играть темных персонажей, или персонажей, которые сами не творят темных дел, но вот заставляют других совершать нелицеприятные поступки? Я имею в виду сознательную безответственность Трипа.

HARTNETT: Мне нравится думать, что во всех моих героях есть как и темная, так и светлая стороны. Трип довольно безобиден, до финальной сцены. Интереснее играть, когда люди пытаются преодолеть внутренние проблемы, но в то же время мне нравятся чистые, невинные люди. Вы читали роман «Идиот»? Мне кажется, Достоевский показал в книге восхитительного героя. Он страдает от непонимания и совершенно не способен причинить кому-либо боль. Я его обожаю. А люди ненавидят его, потому что он такой чистый.

WEITZMAN:
Одна из сестер Люкс, как раз и страдающая от непонимания, говорит, что нет ничего хуже, чем быть подростком. Ты согласен с этим, или думаешь, что дальше жизнь становится только хуже?

HARTNETT:
Не думаю, что становится хуже. Хотя подростком быть довольно страшно. Столько самых разных эмоций, а у тебя еще нет никакого опыта и мудрости, чтобы справиться с ними, сделать правильный выбор. Будучи подростком, действительно есть шанс свихнуться.

WEITZMAN: Но в реальной жизни было множество случаев, когда подростки вели себя ужасно, дико реагировали на причиненную им боль. Что ты об этом думаешь?

HARTNETT: Я думаю, что тот факт, что в нашей стране разрешается ношение и хранения оружия, как раз и является основной проблемой стрельбы в школах. Столько людей имеют дома оружие, а выход из стрессовой ситуации для них простой – застрелить человека, который им не нравится. А что дальше? Дадим людям ракетные установки? Право на ношение оружия – это дерьмо. Я уж предпочел бы встретить кого-то с ножом, чтоб они поняли, что делают, что это жизнь, а не идиотская видеоигра.

WEITZMAN:
Ты обвиняешь в этом постоянное насилие на теле- и киноэкранах?

HARTNETT:
Не знаю, но это довольно странно, что нельзя показывать секс по ТВ, но зато взамен показывают миллион убийств. Я не знаю, почему мы так боимся своих тел.

WEITZMAN:
А ты сам? Как чувствуешь себя, снимаясь обнаженным?

HARTNETT: Пока еще мне это неприятно, но, кто знает, посмотрим. думают, что для того, чтобы привлечь побольше зрителей (девушек) в зал, надо снять рубашку. Если это доберется и до меня, я думаю, что справлюсь.

WEITZMAN: И тебя часто просят это сделать?

HARTNETT
: Нет, мое тело не так уж и красиво. Некоторые парни работают над собой день за днем. Я тренируюсь, может быть, раз в году, так что у меня нет шансов.

WEITZMAN: Как думаешь, что сейчас определяет молодежную культуру – канал MTV, или все-таки есть те, которые думают иначе?

HARTNETT:
Те, которые думают иначе, читают книги. На одно хорошее молодежное кино – и они не назовут «Девственницы-самоубийцы» молодежным фильмом - приходится 10 плохих. Столько гадости выходит из каждой поры этой индустрии, что тяжело разыскать что-то хорошее. И в этом нет ничьей вины, Просто такова основная идея Голливуда..

WEITZMAN: Вероятно, Голливуд такое же сложное место, как и школа.

HARTNETT:
Он и есть школой.

WEITZMAN
: [смеется] Ты представлял, во что это обернется, когда впервые туда попал?

HARTNETT: Мое мнение кардинально поменялось с тех пор, как я сюда попал. Я думал, что это такое волшебное место, где люди прогуливаются в заломленных шляпах, подписывают баснословные контракты. Когда я увидел фильм «Чаплин», то подумал – вот он, Голливуд. Я думал, что все главы студий просто как бы переходят из здания в здание, встречают кого-то на своем пути, говорят «А-га!». Так что, я, можно сказать, разочарован, и по-быстрому сбежал оттуда.

WEITZMAN: Когда ты впервые попал туда, ты ожидал, что года три будешь обивать пороги или вот прямо сразу начнешь работать?

HARTNETT: [смеется] Я был такой: «О, я видел достаточно фильмов – так что это не трудно». Я был совершенно без понятия. К счастью, все случилось так, как случилось, потому что в противном случае мне бы пришлось возвращаться домой и заниматься чем-нибудь другим.

WEITZMAN: Я сколько ты был готов ждать результата?

HARTNETT:
Я дал себе два месяца сроку.

WEITZMAN: А чем бы ты стал заниматься, если б это не сработало? У тебя был запасной план?

HARTNETT: У меня никогда нет запасных вариантов.

WEITZMAN: А кем думаешь, ты мог бы стать, если б не стал актером?

HARTNETT: Профессиональным футболистом.

WEITZMAN: Тогда бы тебе пришлось интенсивно тренироваться.

HARTNETT: О нет. Я просто хотел бы, чтоб так было. Я не хочу для этого тренироваться

WEITZMAN: Если завершишь карьеру актера, будешь по чему-то скучать?

HARTNETT: В этом не было бы смысла. Если скучать за чем-то, зачем тогда так делать? Я так не поступаю.

WEITZMAN: Но сейчас ты ни над чем не работаешь.

HARTNETT: Сейчас я ищу себе девушку. Это моя цель.

WEITZMAN
: Кстати, «Девственницы самоубийцы» – это некая космическая мистерия, которая четко разделяет юношей и девушек. И Трип совершенно не понимает девушек.

HARTNETT:
Да, но он хорошо разбирается в том, как их соблазнить. А это совершенно разные вещи.

WEITZMAN: А ты понимал девушек в его возрасте?

HARTNETT: Мне кажется, что даже сейчас я их совершенно не понимаю.

WEITZMAN: Но ты знаешь как их соблазнить?

HARTNETT: Сомневаюсь. В школе я думал, что единственный путь привлечь к себе внимание со стороны женского пола – это просто не обращать на них внимание. Сейчас я понял, что надо просто жить своей жизнью, и кто-то заинтересуется тобой, ты заинтересуешься ею, и все произойдет само собой. Мне так кажется. Кажется.

WEITZMAN:
А правда, что любовь означает разные вещи дл парней и для девушек?

HARTNETT: Думаю, что парни лучше разбираются в любви, чем девушки.

WEITZMAN: Правда? Как же так?

HARTNETT: Для парней любовь – это чувство, что даже если ты и сделал что-то не так, то ты все равно ее любишь. Парни постоянно лажают, а затем говорят: «Но я же тебя люблю!». А у девушек другие стандарты любви.

WEITZMAN: А ты часто лажал будучи подростком?

HARTNETT:
О. да. И лажал, и лажаю постоянно. Не могу ничего с этим поделать. Это как моя отличительная черта.

WEITZMAN:
Ты сейчас одинок?

HARTNETT:
Да, типа того.

WEITZMAN: А тебе когда-нибудь так же жестоко, как Люкс, разбивали сердце?

HARTNETT: Да, мне разбивали сердце, и это совсем не весело. Но я уж предпочту, чтоб мне разбили сердце, чем разобью чье-то.

WEITZMAN: Кто будет твоей валентинкой?

HARTNETT: Девушка.

WEITZMAN: Имеешь в виду кого-то конкретного?

HARTNETT: Да, но все может поменяться. Увидим. Я не знаю.

WEITZMAN:
А для тебя важно иметь валентинку?

HARTNETT: Именно на День Святого Валентина, или вообще?

WEITZMAN: На День Святого Валентина.

HARTNETT:
Совершенно не важно. В младших классах мы передавали друг другу сердечки и говорили «Я тебя люблю», а затем все ели конфеты. Вот это для меня и есть День Святого Валентина. А сейчас каждый день – это День Валентина.

Новейшее=свежайшее интервью Джоша для журнала ELLE май, 2014!!!  :flag:

Я все-таки надеюсь, что это выдержки из интервью - что-то маловато - три вопроса-ответа...

ELLE

Я знала, что эти три вопроса - только затравка! Вот оно, интервью Джоаш Хартнетта журналу ELLE!  :flag:

Джош Хартнетт о том, каково это встречаться с партнершей по фильму и раздеваться на экране

На стыке столетий Джош Хартнетт был голливудским сердцеедом. Но, как понял корреспондент Elle Мики Рапкин, после того, как он на несколько лет исчез от внимания общественности, этот сердцеед может поделиться с читателями своими законами привлекательности.

Джош Хартнетт был не столько актером, сколько своеобразным культурным феноменом. В возрасте между 19 и 23, он снялся  в 10 фильмах, включая такие хиты как «Перл Харбор» и «Падение Черного Ястреба» — но единственная его лента, которой стоит наслаждаться снова и снова – это «Девственницы самоубийцы» Софии Копполы. Хартнетт исполнил роль Трипа Фонтейна – длинноволосого школьного ловеласа, который появлялся в кадре под музыку группы Heart “Magic Man.” Это был выход кинозвезды, до того как начиналась отдача- Этот пацан со сросшимися бровями? Кинозвезда? О! – и Хартнетт быстренько отправился домой в Миннесоту на 18 месяцев, пытаясь понять, что же, черт возьми с ним произошло. С тех пор он преимущественно снимался в индифильмах, но и в свои 35 Хартнетт не в состоянии держаться на расстоянии от женщин, снимающихся в кино. Его связывали романтические отношения со Скарлетт Йоханссон, Рианной, Амандой Сейфрид, а сейчас он встречается с 25-летней британской актрисой Тамсин Эгертон. В этом месяце Хартнетт совершает триумфальное возвращение в великолепном и страшном сериале от Showtime «Ужасы по дешевке», в котором смешаются викторианская Англия с Дракулой, Дорианом Греем и Франкенштейном. Вы готовы испугаться?

Ты пошел в актеры, чтоб знакомиться с женщинами?

Не совсем, но это было счастливым совпадением. Я занимался в школе искусств (живописью) и шутки ради принимал участие в постановках. Но менеджер по кастингу предложил мне пройти пробы для пары фильмов и телесериала. Я тогда не подумал о последствиях. Было здорово подзаработать.

Вот это честный ответ.

Да, мне было 18, и мое имя не стоило и 5 долларов.

А ты всегда пользовался популярностью у женщин?

Совершенно нет.

Да ну.

Первые два года в старших классах мой рост был чуть выше 150 см, и я был пухлым. Во второй половине старшей школы дела наладились – давай на этом и остановимся.

А есть что-то, что бы ты сделал не так в свой первый раз?

Все. Эти воспоминания не относятся к приятным. Опыт приходит с количеством.

У тебя вошло в привычку встречаться со своими партнершами по фильмам. Есть в этом что-то кроме удобства?

Я не рекомендую это начинающим актерам (смеется). Таким образом можно нажить себе много врагов в шоу-бизнесе. Но когда ты каждый день работаешь с кем-то, это похоже на обязательное свидание.  Начинаешь  фантазировать о партнерше. Но это не всегда работает долго.

Когда встречаешься с кем-то типа Скарлетт Йоханссон, то смеешь ли жаловаться?

Только не друзьям, нет. Твои друзья хотят знать все, чем вы занимаетесь. Но они не хотят слушать жалобы. Когда я встречался в очень красивыми и очень знаменитыми девушками, я как-то пожаловался – это даже не была собственно жалоба – но мой приятель ответил : «О, Господи, мои бриллиантовые туфли слишком жмут». Он ввел новое выражение.

Если я уломаю всех твоих бывших подруг рассказать о тебе, что в их рассказах будет общего?

Что я довольно сложный партнер.

Правда? А выглядишь таким душкой.

Иногда мои ожидания немного завышены. Я тороплю события. У меня комплекс Икара. Поэтому, может быть они бы сказали, что мне надо немного расслабиться..

Ты поддерживал Обаму на прошедших выборах. Ты бы смог встречаться с кем-то, кто придерживается противоположных взглядов?

У меня была девушка – и пусть она останется безымянной – и ее идеи об иммиграции были совершенно неприемлемы для современного человека, я даже не сразу смог в это поверить. Это было просто сознательной изоляцией. Каждый должен сидеть на своем месте – ее тезис. И я тогда : ЧТО?

И как быстро после этой беседы вы расстались?

Практически моментально. Очень милая девушка, но фашистка.

Ты веришь в моногамию?

Почти как верю ли я в единорогов?

Я так понимаю, нет?

Я верю в моногамные отношения. Это нелегко, но может быть удивительно. Ваши вера и связь могут только углубляться со временем. Ты все поставил на карту – и вот у тебя есть партнер – настоящий партнер – до тех пор, пока не появится кто-то лучший в твоем окружении.

Что для тебя означает женитьба?

Когда в голове возникнет вопрос о детях,тогда, мне кажется надо начинать задумываться над этим. Ты читал книгу Джеффри Евгенидиса «А порою очень грустны» (The Marriage Plot)?

Нет. Что там за главная идея?

В этой книге все очень разочарованы. Если тебе нужно совершенство, то ты не на той планете. Эта книга о наслаждении несовершенством. Нужно находить людей, чьи несовершенства дополняют твои, и наоборот.

И ты этим занимаешься?

Я бы в жизни не назвал их несовершенствами. У них у всех есть отличительные черты.

В «Ужасах по дешевке» довольно много обнаженной натуры. Ты всегда комфортно себя чувствуешь обнаженным?

Мне комфортно голому – в жизни. В кино, если это не помогает сюжетной линии, то я это не приветствую. В сериале я кое-что показываю, но я всегда убеждаюсь, что это действительно необходимо, ну, или хотя бы весело.

И каково это – периодически сверкать голой задницей в сериале?

Джон Логан (создатель сериала) хотел, чтобы сексуальность была откровенной, без купюр. Его очень впечатлила книга «Выдумывая викторианцев», в которой рассказывается о проблемах виторианской эпохи – к примеру, им приходилось маскировать ножки рояля, потому что они считались слишком сексуальными. Он хотел развенчать эти мифы. Викторианцы тоже умели наслаждаться жизнью.

Есть ли секрет, чтоб твоя девушка была счастлива?

Разрешите им приходить на съемки когда они захотят, и неважно с какой партнершей ты работаешь. Никогда не говорить, что сцена слишком чувственная. Они становятся слишком подозрительными.

Звучит, как целая история.

Конечно.

ELLE

Ну, что сказать - какой журнал, такие и вопросы, и соответственно ответы  :D .

В общем, Джош набирается сексуального опыта, верит в единорогов, ищет совпадения в несовершенствах себя и своей подруги, ищет веселые стороны в том, что его голая попка будет сверкать в сериале, и придерживается демократических взглядов в политике! Конечно, душка - я в этом лишний раз убедилась.

А вообще, веселое такое интервью. Легкое, даже легкомысленное. И хорошо! Спасибо, ELLE!!!

http://www.elle.com/cm/elle/images/eV/elle-josh-hartnet-v-mdn.jpg

valerie, спасибо тебе за статью)
Джош не меняется, всё книги читает, цитирует их, реально смотрит на жизнь, и откровенен во многом.)

Всегда пожалуйста)))

А Джошу можно мемуары писать... Я бы почитала...  :love:

valerie, спасибо за интервью, столько позитива, читала и улыбалась, Джош не разочаровывает)
Не представляю Джоша пухлым и невысоким)
Про первый раз и количество- улыбнул! Да чего уж там- смеялась в голос)))
Сложный партнер- вот ещё одна страничка открыта- думаю, в отношениях он- главный.
Что такое комплекс Икара?
"... у тебя есть партнер- пока не появится кто то лучший в окружении"- значит ли это, что лучшая все ещё впереди?

У меня не цитируется сегодня.
И в какой, любопытно серии нам покажут обещанную наготу, надеюсь, не будут томить до восьмой?
запастись валерьянкой не забыть, после последнего ролика не осталось))

valerie написал(а):

Спасибо, ELLE!!!

Спасибо тебе!

Людмила написал(а):

Не представляю Джоша пухлым и невысоким)

наверняка кокетничал в стиле: я был такой же, как все
Джош перфекционист, оказывается.
Но раз уж заговорил о несовершенствах, значит, дело поправимо.
А то вышло бы, как в той притче: Почему ты, такой классный, и до сих пор один? - Я искал идеальную женщину. - Нашел? - Нашел. - И что? - Увы, она искала идеального мужчину.

gall написал(а):

А то вышло бы, как в той притче: Почему ты, такой классный, и до сих пор один? - Я искал идеальную женщину. - Нашел? - Нашел. - И что? - Увы, она искала идеального мужчину.

Пока, я надеюсь, волноваться рано) может быть, он хотел сказать, что у нас ещё есть шанс) что некоторым не стоит ждать обручального колечка)
Читая интервью, убеждаюсь, что Джош очень даже не прост. И что для него, в отношениях с девушкой, главным может быть что угодно, но не чувства.

Людмила написал(а):

И что для него, в отношениях с девушкой, главным может быть что угодно, но не чувства.

Просто, он уже давно большой мальчик, и ко многому подходит с позиций разума)

Людмила написал(а):

Джош очень даже не прост

Как и все мы)
Совместная жизнь в браке - вещь такая непредсказуемая, перед ним не перестрахуешься ни с одной девушкой.

Sana написал(а):

он уже давно большой мальчик, и ко многому подходит с позиций разума)

Так и есть, и я  бы добавила - с позиции пережитого опыта.

Sana написал(а):

Просто, он уже давно большой мальчик, и ко многому подходит с позиций разума)

Многие актеры женились рано,и уже имеют детей, счастливы, это не мешает им быть успешными, а Джош все думает)

gall написал(а):

Совместная жизнь в браке - вещь такая непредсказуемая, перед ним не перестрахуешься ни с одной девушкой.

ППКС, чем старше, тем больше требований, не хотелось бы, что бы над Джошем подшучивали, как над Клуни.  :)

:flag: Вот  оно!!!! Интервью для журнала Details!!!!!

Ссылка

Читайте, обсудим - есть у меня пара мыслишек)))

Людмила написал(а):

не хотелось бы, что бы над Джошем подшучивали, как над Клуни.

Если верить светской хронике, Клуни уже помолвлен. Вопрос в другом:надолго ли, чтобы прекратились подшучивания? 8-)

valerie написал(а):

Вот  оно!!!! Интервью для журнала Details!!!!!

Ух ты, спасибо! Я интервью не прочитала, а прямо-таки съела.

valerie написал(а):

Читайте, обсудим - есть у меня пара мыслишек)))

Почему не открыла дискуссию? Хоть бы одну мыслишку для затравки :writing: )))
Первый вопрос, возникший у меня: не зол ли в глубине души наш герой на отца, бунтарство которого, по словам Джоша, спровоцировало распад семьи. Хотя мы не знаем, как Джош характеризует родную мать  и что действительно происходило между его родителями. Но, вероятно, именно отсюда и вытекают его непродолжительные и, как показало время, непрочные отношения с девушками.
Впечатление, что у Джоша глобальная переоценка ценностей. На счет самого себя, личной жизни, кино.
Респект ему, что в годы бешеной популярности, пришедшие на его юность, выстоял, не сломался перед славой, не испортился поистине мировой известностью.
Почти оправдался перед нами за те последние фильмы, которые безызвестно канули в лету. Как нашкодивший мальчик, осознавший свою вину и покаявшийся: да, я был упертым, и в этом был не совсем прав, теперь вот согласен на компромисс.
Склонен к самоанализу. Это  тоже вызывает мою симпатию.
И интервью было искренним, насколько может быть искренним интервью для журнала.
В общем, я очень рада за Джоша, наблюдаю за его ростом и уверена, что у такого умницы все самое лучшее еще впереди.

Дискуссию поддерживаю!

gall написал(а):

Первый вопрос, возникший у меня: не зол ли в глубине души наш герой на отца, бунтарство которого, по словам Джоша, спровоцировало распад семьи.

Не думаю, что он на него зол - скорее, он оправдывает свое юношеское бунтарство генами - вот, мол, мне это было если не суждено, то очень вероятно! Вообще, впервые узнала, что у Джоша такие гены по отцовской линии - физиков и математиков))) Мне, как физику это очень приятно)))

Мне вот тоже совершенно очевидно, что Джош повзрослел - ко многому теперь относится по-другому - терпимее! Да и сам говорит, что в юности никого не слушал.

С девушками - как-то он легко к ни относится - вот, мол, встречаюсь с теми, кто поблизости)) Но с радостью буду поддерживать отношения и с продавщицей)) Главное ж, чтоб человек был хороший!

Джош, успехов тебе!!! Совершенно искренне!

Последние пару дней я просто на крыльях летаю - так здорово - столько информации, и не просто заметка, как помните, еще в прошлом году - Джош Хартнетт упоминался в прессе исключительно в связи с вагиной Амандой Сейфрид(( А полноценное, содержательное интервью!!! Ура, на нашей улице - праздник!  :jumping:

gall написал(а):

Если верить светской хронике, Клуни уже помолвлен. Вопрос в другом:надолго ли, чтобы прекратились подшучивания?

Какое совпадение, стоило вспомнить) посмотрим, про его помолвки и раньше писали)

gall написал(а):

Но, вероятно, именно отсюда и вытекают его непродолжительные и, как показало время, непрочные отношения с девушками.

Не думаю, что все так сложно. Скорее, у него есть собственные критерии, возможно, завышенные требования, а его подружки, в основном, подходят под стандарт 90-60-90, с остальным, увы.

gall написал(а):

Респект ему, что в годы бешеной популярности, пришедшие на его юность, выстоял, не сломался перед славой, не испортился поистине мировой известностью.

ППКС!

gall написал(а):

Впечатление, что у Джоша глобальная переоценка ценностей. На счет самого себя, личной жизни, кино.

Может быть ещё, цинично допускаю, что позиция переоценки и движения вперед, разработана агентством, как пиар-ход, зная все их технологии могу верить и в это. Вспомни, впервые о потерянном в Миннесоте времени и сожалении, Джош заговорил совсем недавно, около года назад. Его интервью стали более открытими и душевными, стало больше личного, налицо желание расположить, привлечь, вернуть аудиторию.  :dontknow:

valerie написал(а):

Вообще, впервые узнала, что у Джоша такие гены по отцовской линии - физиков и математиков))) Мне, как физику это очень приятно)))

Внезапно! Теперь понятно, откуда у Джоша такой сложный характер. Его ответы никогда не казались легкомысленными,  а продуманными и интересными.

valerie написал(а):

С девушками - как-то он легко к ни относится - вот, мол, встречаюсь с теми, кто поблизости)) Но с радостью буду поддерживать отношения и с продавщицей)) Главное ж, чтоб человек был хороший!

Но не нашел пока среди продавщиц достаточно длинноногую  ;)

valerie написал(а):

Последние пару дней я просто на крыльях летаю - так здорово - столько информации

:jumping:

Интервью приношу в тему!   :cool:  :flag:

Джош Хартнетт: интервью журналу «Details»
(Интервью Бенджамин Светкей, фото Роджера Деккера)
http://sc.uploads.ru/t/bGTLM.jpg

Не указывайте звезде сериала «Ужасы по дешевке» Джошу Хартнетту, что делать

35-летний актер нового сериала ужасов канала Showtime рассуждает о славе, свиданиях, вегетарианстве – и о роли всей своей жизни, которую он с радостью отверг

DETAILS: За последние 10 лет ты снялся во многих независимых фильмах. И с чего вдруг – сериал канала Showtimе о монстрах в 19 веке – «Ужасы по дешевке»?

Д.Х.: Я снялся, скажем так, в десяти фильмах. И ни один из них не увидели зрители. И часто – очень часто – ко мне подходили люди и говорили: «О, я видел на DVD «Август» или «Я смотрел «Счастливое число Слевина» на Showtime». Следующий вопрос: «Такой классный фильм – а что с ним случилось? Почему он не вышел на широкий экран?». Поэтому я решил, что могу продолжать биться головой о стену, или выбрать другой путь и попробовать что-то еще.

DETAILS: Тебе 35, а в двадцать тебе предлагали практически все – любую роль. Ты отказался от «Возвращения Супермена», и поговаривали, что тебя рассматривали на роли других супергероев.

Д.Х.: Среди них был Спайдермен. Еще один – Бэтмен. Но я понимал, что эти роли потенциально поставят крест на моей карьере – я навсегда останусь Суперменом. Мне было где-то 22, но я видел опасность.

DETAILS: Наверное, твои агенты должны были кусать локти.

Д.Х.: Те агенты ненадолго задержались у меня после этого. Было столько внутренней борьбы между моими агентами и менеджером, они пытались выяснить, кто же виноват в этой ситуации. И в конце концов настал момент, когда мы не смогли работать вместе.

DETAILS: А что бы ты сказал, если б Warner Bros. завтра позвонили тебе: «Джош, мы все еще хотим, чтоб ты надел накидку. У нас есть замечательная новая концепция…»?

Д.Х.: Я бы ответил: «Давайте поговорим, каким образом вы себе это видите, может наши точки зрения совпадают». Меня больше не пугают компромиссы.

DETAILS: На вершине своего успеха, после выхода «Перл Харбора» и «Падения Черного Ястреба», ты исчез в Миннесоте, в совеем родном городе, где ты вырос. Почему?

Д.Х.: Я был на обложке каждого журнала. Я действительно не мог никуда выйти. Я не чувствовал себя комфортно в своей шкуре. Я был одинок. Никому не доверял. Поэтому вернулся в Миннесоту, к своим старым друзьям – в конце-концов, начал жить вместе со школьной подругой – вообще не снимался 18 месяцев. Я до сих пор пытаюсь разобраться, как со всем этим жить.

DETAILS: Со времени появления в Голливуде, когда тебе было всего 18, ты постоянно получал главные роли.

Д.Х.: Первую роль получил за две недели. Мне не нужно было напрягаться, как актеру, хотя, сейчас, думаю, приходится. К счастью, мне до сих пор предлагают разные фильмы и телепроекты, но еще несколько лет назад, если я видел роль, которую мне бы хотелось сыграть, я с большой вероятностью просто ее получал. А теперь, когда я хочу роль, мне нужно за нее побороться. Это не плохо. И вообще-то более почетно, что ли. Конечно, обидно, если что-то идет не так, как ты задумывал, но я быстро отхожу.

DETAILS: Тебя воспитывали отец и мачеха. Они оба – хиппи, правда?

Д.Х.: Мой отец – весьма специфический хиппарь. Он вышел из научной семьи. Мой дедушка был физиком в Университете Миннесоты, он работал в программе NASA Gemini. Отец ходил в школу с математическим и экономическим уклоном, затем вот решил присоединиться к музыкальной группе, отпустил волосы, и взбунтовался против собственной семьи. Он порвал с моей мамой и освободился, по его мнению, от своих оков. Это был важный урок для меня в юном возрасте. Размышляя об этом сейчас, я понимаю, какое он оказал влияние на мою карьеру.

DETAILS: Ты громко заявлял, что не ешь мяса, и PETA даже назвала тебя Самым Сексуальным Вегетарианцем Мира. Ты до сих пор так питаешься?

Д.Х.: Я больше не вегетарианец. Думаю, это тоже был протест. У меня есть история, которую я рассказываю себе, но не уверен, правда ли это: Мне было 12, я разрезал цыпленка, и прикоснулся к его внутренностям, и решил «Больше я такого есть не буду». Это продолжалось 14 лет, до моих 26.

DETAILS: Тебя связывали романтичекие отношения с любимицами желтой прессы Пенелопой Круз, Скарлетт Йоханссон, Сиенной Миллер и вот сейчас ты встречаешься с британсоей актрисой и моделью Тамсин Эгертон. Ты до сих пор нервничаешь, приглашая женщин на свидания?

Д.Х.: Конечно, нервничаю. Но в течение 10 лет у меня были отношения с теми же, кто со мной в одном бизнесе. Я имею в виду, что, ну с кем вы встречаетесь в ваши двадцать, понимаешь?

DETAILS: Ты ощущаешь дискомфорт от того, что тебя считают ловеласом?

Д.Х.: если ты ловелас, то все, чем ты занят в жизни – это постоянный поиск. Это не мой случай. Я просто всегда хотел отношений. По-другому никак. Сцена тебя сжирает. Она уже уничтожила достаточную часть моей жизни.

DETAILS
: Если б ты мог вернуться назад, что бы ты посоветовал молодому себе?

Д.Х.: Я помню это чувство, когда все говорили мне, что делать. Но я бы сказал, просто продолжай делать то, что тебе нравится, и посмотри насколько интересным это становится с твоим участием. Но, откровенно говоря, я не уверен, что такое можно было бы сказать тому пацану, чтоб он послушался.

За перевод ещё раз спасибо valerie!
Источник

Новые интервью!   :flag:  :flag:
Interview: Josh Hartnett on Showtime’s “Penny Dreadful”
An overall sense of mystery has pervaded Showtime’s new psychological horror series Penny Dreadful, premiering Sunday, and that is probably fitting.

The eight-episode Victorian-era series is set in 1891 London and focuses on some of the scariest characters in literature, including Dracula, Dorian Gray, and Dr. Frankenstein and his creature. Bringing the gruesomeness and horror to life is an eclectic cast that includes Josh Hartnett, Eva Green and Timothy Dalton. The show is created, written and executive produced by three-time Oscar nominee John Logan (Hugo, Gladiator), and also executive produced by Sam Mendes (Skyfall).
“As the show sort of settles into itself,” Hartnett tells us, “there’s a lot more mystery and intrigue, and it becomes more of a thriller, I think.”

But that first episode does contain some gruesome elements, Hartnett says, and some of the graphic elements could be made out in the trailer.

Hartnett plays Ethan Chandler, the only American character, who is an actor in one of the Wild West shows popular at the time, which traveled the world and gave many people a mythological sense of the American West. Though Hartnett’s character plays a cowboy sharpshooter, that does not necessarily guarantee he’s a similar type of swashbuckling hero in the world of Penny Dreadful.

“He’s not very pleased with himself,” Hartnett says of Chandler. “There’s something very dark in his past that he’s running away from. … Something’s eating at him. It’s kind of the last day that Ethan Chandler wants to be alive [as the series begins]. Every character [in the series] has its moments, and also has its questionable moments.”

Among those other characters is the mysterious Vanessa Ives (Green), who begins to show the disheartened Chandler into the supernatural underground lurking beneath London just as he is reaching his darkest moments. Chandler finds himself intrigued by this world, and decides to stick around, becoming the audience’s gateway into Victorian horror.

“A lot of the characters from Victorian literature, or then what became Universal Horror classics, are all living in one place, in London,” Hartnett shares. “Every generation has their version of those. For some reason, those stories … are just universal.”

Hartnett adds that, “The story takes place over the course of a few months. All these [other] characters that John Logan has created have some sort of secret. They have to either learn to trust or distrust each other, and that’s the world that we’re dealing with.”

With the story taking place over a few months during the course of its initial eight episodes, might Penny Dreadful become an anthology series, like the currently popular American Horror Story, and maybe akin to the original “penny dreadful” works from which the series takes its title?

“This is these characters in this situation,” Hartnett says. “Of course, new characters will be introduced, but it’s a much more linear approach than that show. There could be another season [if it’s popular].”

It should stand a good chance of being popular given its familiar, yet reinvented, roster of classic creatures, which may be refreshing in this age of TV and movie horror that seems dominated by serial killers or zombies.

“I like horror as allegory,” Hartnett tells us. “I think you can say a lot in this context because you can say a lot more overtly and it doesn’t feel like you’re preaching. … You never know what audiences are going to be up for, until they are up for it. Nobody would have expected The Walking Dead to be such a success when that came out. But I wouldn’t compare this to The Walking Dead. I don’t know what I would compare this to.”

Penny Dreadful airs Sundays at 10pm ET/PT on Showtime, beginning May 11.
Источник

Josh Hartnett on Leaving the Hollywood Machine Behind and Taking on Horror in Penny Dreadful   :flag:   :flag:

I felt like the Hollywood "machine," if you want to call it that, wanted me to do a specific thing.

Showtime's new horror Penny Dreadful is set to premiere Sunday May 11 at 10PM. Created by Skyfall writer John Logan and starring Josh Hartnett and Eva Green, Penny Dreadful is a psychological thriller that brings history's most famous monsters - Dracula, Dorian Gray, Frankenstein's monster - to life in one epic tale.

Hartnett plays Ethan Chandler, an American who finds himself "trapped in the darkest corners of Victorian London", and Green Vanessa Ives, "a seductive and formidable beauty full of secrets and danger".

The debut episode has become available online, but back in January at, we spoke with Hartnett at the TCA (Television Critics Association) press tour when the series was still shrouded in mystery. The actor opened the conversation by noting that his character's backstory would remain a secret for some time on the show and that he and Green's character were almost magnetically drawn to one another, though the reason for their connection would also unfold over time. We then moved on what drew him to his first television series role, and why he took a break from Hollywood after making a big entrance in his early twenties with films like Pearl Harbor.

IGN: You haven't taken a series television role previously.

Hartnett: Never, no.

IGN: So what was it about this project that drew you to it? Was it strictly the creators?

Hartnett: Yeah, that's it. John is a prodigiously talented man. All three -- John Logan, [producer] Sam Mendes and [director] Juan Bayona (The Impossible, The Orphanage) -- they're a tough act to follow. They're a very, very strong group of people. I mean, I've done a lot of independent films over the last 10 years and was drawn to them because I'm the kind of person who likes a challenge. I never like to take the easy path, and I don't know what that is in me. I can't do it. I'm physically unable. I'm repulsed by the idea of us going along on somebody else's journey, when somebody has already set it out for you. That's bizarre, because I'm an actor and I'm speaking other people's words, but at the same time it makes a little bit of sense as far as the projects I've chosen over the years. I started off in independent film and then did one film that was very successful and a second film that was very successful; I felt like the Hollywood "machine," if you want to call it that, wanted me to do a specific thing from then on out. I chose to do a lot of independent, smaller films that I was impassioned by.

Hartnett [Cont.]: That doesn't mean the other films that I was offered weren't going to be great films, it's just something in me that I want to try to do something that doesn't have such a machine working for it. Aside from that, what I've always been interested in is working with people who I think are at the top of their game, who are working on things that are pushing the envelope, even for them, trying to do something that's new. That challenge, watching another person go through that -- or going through that with them -- is really intriguing to me. John never having worked in TV before, Sam never having worked in TV before, Juan having never worked in TV before -- I looked at this as, like, we're all kind of in this together. It sinks or it floats based on our work. It's an incredible challenge. Also, I just couldn't put the scripts down, plain and simple. That's a pretty good indication of something you should work on. The story's fantastic.

IGN: Just touching on the Hollywood system and expectations for your career, I mean, that is interesting. I interviewed Billy Bob Thornton for FX's Fargo yesterday, and he said, "The stories that mid-range, interesting films were telling are now on TV." Is that your experience as well?

Hartnett: I think so. I don't really know about the economics of it. I couldn't speak to what each studio's making right now, but it does seem like those middle-budget films have disappeared, except around November/December release a few of them come out. Obviously they're hoping for awards, and from those awards, the economic rewards. But I think people are getting a lot of their dramatic content on television now.

IGN: Was there something about having the experience of being in those few huge films that made you specifically want to do smaller films that wouldn't attract that kind of --

Hartnett: Fervor?

IGN: Yes.

Hartnett: Yeah, I did actually. At the time, I moved back to Minnesota and got back together with my high school girlfriend. Everything changed. I just shut it all down. I wrote a script with a friend of mine that we subsequently sold to DreamWorks, and it sits on a very important shelf there, I'm sure. I just wanted to -- and I've done this a few times -- when things feel like they're laid out before me, a path is set and I can see it, I want to try and change that path and see what's over here, because I think that just makes me feel so much more alive. When you don't know what's going to happen next, you're just more engaged.

Continue on for more from Hartnett on his career, his take on fan fervor today, and Penny Dreadful...

Источник

Журнал о кино: Global Cinema
Джош Хартнетт об отказе сыграть Супермена.

После длительного отсутствия, во всех смыслах нетипичный голливудский актер Джош Хартнетт возвращается на экран с новым крупным проектом, речь, правда, не идет о полнометражном фильме, Хартнетт сыграл главную роль в амбициозном 8-серийном телешоу #Showtime «Ужасы по дешевке», с легкой руки переводчиков именуемый в России как «Страшные сказки».

В недавнем интервью журналу Details, связанному как раз со скорой премьерой этого самого сериала, не любящего излишнее внимание к своей персоне исполнителя расспросили, как же так получилось, что имея реальные возможности, он в свое время умудрился упустить шанс сыграть Супермена и некоторых других комикс-икон.

Немного для справки:

В начале 2000-х, Джошу был предложен контракт на три фильма про Супермена, за которые он должен был получить суммарный гонорар в 100 миллионов долларов. Но после некоторых размышлений Хартнетт отказался от столь заманчивого предложения.

Итак, собственно, выдержки из интервью:

Вам сейчас 35, но в возрасте 20-ти с хвостиком, вам предлагали практически все. Вы отклонили Супермена, и у вас имелись перспективы сыграть почти любого супергероя.

- Человек-паук был одним из тех, кого я обсуждал. Был другой #Бэтмен. Однако я, так или иначе, чувствовал, что эти роли могут наложить на меня клеймо, а это было совершенно не для меня. Я не хотел стать до конца карьеры заложником одного образа. Мне было тогда приблизительно 22, и в то время мне казалось это огромным риском.

Лицедей продолжает... теперь о тяготах работы с агентами после отказа от роли Кларка Кента:

- С того момента у меня больше не было тех агентов. После всего, между ними и моим менеджером развернулись нешуточные баталии, каждый пытался свалить вину на другого. Дошло до того, что больше никто из нас не мог друг с другом работать.

Но все проходит, все меняется и с пришествием времени, Джош стал старше, мудрее и теперь рассуждает так: если бы парни со студии Warner постучались к нему сейчас, он бы точно не стал сразу отмахиваться и внимательно рассмотрел бы открывающееся перспективы.

В общем, кинокомпаниям, мистеру Снайдеру, Сингеру и многим другим дельцам индустрии, вероятно, стоит взять на заметку. Пускай теперь не #Супермен и не Бэтмен, но скажем Найтвинг, Гамбит или еще какой-нибудь персонаж ожидающий киновоплощения. Несомненно, Хартнетту подошел бы супергероический лик и, исходя из интервью, он, определенно, открыт для предложений.

Новое интервью! А какое фото! ААААААААААААААА!!!
:cool:  :love:  :jumping:
http://sa.uploads.ru/t/VjSRa.jpg

Josh Hartnett isn't just relying on his good looks
In 'Penny Dreadful' on Showtime, actor Josh Hartnett grabs an unconventional role as a hired gun in Victorian London. His character, he says, 'is a slow burn. I like that.'

Josh Hartnett, an actor whose heartthrob looks have been detailed in just about every piece written about him, makes quite the unsightly entrance in Showtime's Victorian-set drama "Penny Dreadful." Not as one of the classic horror figures at the center of the forthcoming monster mash, but something equally jarring: a Wild West reenactor donning an extravagantly hairy fake mustache (over a real one) and a flocculent curly wig.

"I just want to be taken seriously outside of my looks," the 35-year-old quipped, referring to the pause-worthy scene. "But really, it was an interesting thing. The show is so much about what people have hidden, and so for my character to be introduced on stage, in such an extravagant costume, made it all the more stirring."

Seventeen years after making his breakthrough in the short-lived ABC crime drama "Cracker," Hartnett is returning to his television roots in "Penny Dreadful." Set to bow May 11, the tale of monsters and men tinkers with the origin stories of a number of leading figures from gothic literature (e.g. Dracula, Dorian Gray and Frankenstein). Hartnett plays Ethan Chandler, a sharp-shooting American actor who takes on the role as a hired gunman in London.

After coveting an under-the-radar existence by appearing in a string of indie films — no doubt contributing to Google's suggested search phrase "What happened to Josh Hartnett" when his name is entered — "Penny Dreadful" aims to put that question to rest. Hartnett is alive and well. In fact, he's been here all along, even while you weren't looking.

Since epitomizing the cool suburban teen in 1999's "The Virgin Suicides" and later the hero in box-office hit and critical lemon "Pearl Harbor," the Minnesota native racked up credits in teen-targeted fare and critical hits such as "O" and "Black Hawk Down." But the careening journey from video store clerk to Hollywood "It" boy left him disillusioned.

"Basically I grew and learned," he said at Malibu Seafood as fish and chips orders blared out over a loudspeaker. "For me, when people ask what happened to me, it's a little weird, because I have been working this whole time. And the thing is, I feel like I spent a lot of time doing work that was worthy and good, but it's a little frustrating when the stuff you care about isn't seen because it isn't high-profile."

"Penny Dreadful" is at least poised to be a looker. A departure from Showtime's roster of pill-popping nurses and mentally ill CIA agents, the dark psychological thriller with an eight-episode first season has an enviable roster of talent behind the camera: playwright and screenwriter John Logan ("Red," "Skyfall") is the driving force, Oscar winner Sam Mendes is among its executive producers, and Juan Antonio Bayona ("The Orphanage") directs.

Hartnett wasn't lured by the intricate world concocted so much as he was seduced by Logan's pitch. In particular, "collaboration" and "partnership" caught his attention at their initial meeting.

"It was important to find an actor who you would believe was a man of action — a man who could use firearms and hold his own in a fight — but more importantly find an actor who behind their eyes had a certain amount of suffering," Logan said. "And a certain amount of lived-in intensity. That is Josh."

Hartnett is among an ever-expanding list of film actors jumping onto the television bandwagon. The transition hasn't been without its challenges.

"I kept asking John where the character was coming from," he said, catching himself on more than one occasion referring to the series as a film. "I needed to know. He was like, 'I don't know yet. You kind of have to leave your options open or just choose something.' It was something I couldn't wrap my brain around. What if I choose the wrong thing? It's been a learning experience."

In other ways, it's been a surreal experience, he added. Hartnett said the cast of horror characters roaming the Dublin, Ireland, set made for plenty of unusual sights.

"The poor guy who plays a vampire, his name is Robert [Nairne], I just feel so bad for him," Hartnett said. "It's not warm in Dublin in the wintertime, and they try to keep heaters around whenever possible, and there is poor Robert — super skinny and super tall, in a girly silk robe in full vampire makeup and teeth just shaking because all his paint will come off his body if he isn't careful. I don't know if I could handle a gig like that."

Hartnett's Ethan Chandler is enlisted by a seductive clairvoyant (Eva Green) to aid an African explorer, played by James Bond alum Timothy Dalton, who lost his daughter to the city's malevolent creatures. But just don't call him the star.

"They've been advertising my face on the billboard, which is surprising," Hartnett said. "Really in the first few episodes, you won't see me that much … and that's OK. Ethan is a slow burn. I like that."

Источник

Это просто праздник какой-то! Что ни день - то интервью, и одно интересней другого! Все обязательно переведу! От фото у меня кружится голова! Вот уж действительно  - лицо не мальчика, но мужа! Помните, что Джон Логан сказал в пользу выбора Джоша на главную роль в сериале "Penny Dreadful"? Что Джош много чего пережил в жизни, это читается в его глазах. Я, помимо жизненного опыта, в этом фото чувствую такую хищную мужскую силу - притаившийся тигр - а взгляд - ирония - ну, вот он я, я вернулся, встречайте! Фото - в самые любимые! Фотограф - гениален! Интересно, кофточка на Джоше из личных запасов, или выдана для съемки? Очень классная кофточка!

valerie написал(а):

Это просто праздник какой-то! Что ни день - то интервью, и одно интересней другого!

https://forumstatic.ru/files/0000/0e/cb/13471.gif Так бы всегда!!!

НОВОЕ!!!  :flag:  :flag:  :flag:
Josh Hartnett’s Vanishing Act: The Penny Dreadful Star on His Turn to TV and Flying Under the Radar
http://s020.radikal.ru/i712/1405/2b/fb8e5913284a.jpg *обморок*
https://forumstatic.ru/files/0000/0e/cb/61268.gif http://hartnettjosh.org/sml/0909.gif
“I like to disappear,” Josh Hartnett jokes after a waiter brings me over to his table from where I was sitting, having overlooked him my first time through Pete’s Tavern. “You walked right past me,” he says, teasing. “When I was younger I learned how to get through this city without anybody noticing. Which is important to me.”
Pete’s, on Irving Place, is “the tavern O. Henry made famous,” a gas-lamps-and-bourbon version of a celebrity-obsessed joint, possibly since it opened in 1851. The dark-wood dining room is covered in (usually quite unflattering) framed snapshots of famous Tavern guests, and Ashlee Simpson’s is tacked up next to Hartnett’s table, where he’d arrived early to enjoy a bottle of Pellegrino and a plate of steak fries. Hartnett’s picture is up here, too, somewhere, from a previous visit in a previous decade, when he seemed poised to be some kind of platonic boy pinup.
At 35, he’s nicely evolved from pretty to manly, with a single strand of gray gleaming in the sun amid his broish head of longish black hair. Once a totem of male-starlet ****ability, over the past few years, he vanished (at least by the standards of Hollywood), causing many to wonder—wait, just what happened to Josh Hartnett? But all along he’d claimed to be a bit reluctant about his place on the matinee-idol altar. “I don’t know how I ended up in that position, how I ended up being the guy that everybody says is just being thrust on the American public,” he says. But if you remember his puka necklace setting off that fetching neck freckle in The Virgin Suicides, or his self-serious decent military men in Pearl Harbor and Black Hawk Down, or even his scene after scene of only-wearing-a-towel in Lucky Number Slevin, he was nonetheless imprinted, like any good post-teen crush, on a generation that knew him as the next big thing but never got to see him mature in his roles.
Related Stories

Watch the First Episode of Penny Dreadful
He actually almost turned down Pearl Harbor, he says, and later turned down Superman. He spent long stretches of the past decade “flying under the radar,” as he promised he would try to do in his great-expectations-unveiling 2001 Vanity Fair cover story (complete with Annie Leibovitz photos), which anointed him—potentially—some world-slaying combination of Gary Cooper, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Tom Cruise. But he didn’t live in L.A. for long, spending time back in Minnesota, where he’s from; taking photographs and painting; writing short stories; hanging out at Max Fish while in New York and even for a while living in Williamsburg; and, perhaps, having a bit too much of a good time. (In 2007, he told one interviewer that his guiltiest pleasure was “staying out all night, not sleeping, and going to work the next day.”) He took an 18-month break from acting in the aughts, and another sabbatical recently, during which he’s been trying to write, direct, and star in his own project. “So much of being an actor, of having a movie-star persona, is having people not getting to know you,” he says at Pete’s. “You can be blank enough that people can put whatever they want on you. And that passes for characters, often enough. But it’s nothing for me to hang my hat on as an actor.”
Unlike, say, his post-cutie contemporary James Franco, who has proved endlessly limber in the meta-shamelessness of his supposed critique of celebrity, Hartnett has never quite had the ironic self-assurance to assemble a knowing version of himself. Or for that matter the straight-up willingness to give it up to fulfill his supposed destiny of being Gary, Leo, and/or Tom.
Still, he’s an actor by trade, and these days, prestige TV seems like a pretty good setup for someone with Hollywood-machine misgivings. We met at Pete’s because it’s one of the few places in New York that feel like a holdover from 1890s London, which is the setting of his new supernatural super-friends (vampires, Frankenstein, etc.) of a Showtime series—Penny Dreadful. It was created by John Logan (who wrote Hugo and The Aviator), is executive-produced by Sam Mendes, and also stars Timothy Dalton and Eva Green. Hartnett plays Ethan Chandler, an American gunslinger who happened to be in London as part of a Wild Bill Hickok–style traveling cowboy show. The series was shot for six months in Dublin, and Hartnett even got to bring his dog along with him.
That dog, a pit–border collie mix, is now back in St. Paul, being boarded near his family. As a kid there, he says, he dreamed vaguely of becoming an artist—he’s described his parents as “hippies.” His brother Jake is an *organic farmer in southern Minnesota—“He’s now off the grid in a lot of ways”—and his other brother, Joe, is a saxophone player who studied at the New School and used to play in a band called Horny. “He basically played his music around New York and wanted to progress—the way that jazz is these days, it’s pretty far out there, and he wanted to keep going, but then he realized that he couldn’t afford to even eat.”
After an injury caused Hartnett to quit high-school sports, he decided to do plays (apparently he was already nicknamed Josh Hotnett). A local talent booker noticed him as Sky Masterson in Guys and Dolls, and in 1996, he went to the acting program at SUNY-Purchase, from which he was kicked out after complaining about its “Darwinism.” “A couple of years later, they offered me an honorary degree, before my contemporaries had even graduated,” he says. “It was really strange.”
At first, Darwin was on his side: He went to Los Angeles for pilot season in 1997, got on a short-lived ABC show called Cracker, appeared in a couple of horror films, then in The Virgin Suicides, Pearl Harbor, and Black Hawk Down. So why’d he do those big movies if he preferred to fly under the radar? Because if you refuse, “no one will ever work with you again,” he says. “It would be viewed as: You don’t want to make money. You’re one of those. And if you’re one of those, we don’t want to work with you. And in a way, doing a big movie like that is the only thing going. There’s really only one route to a successful career: You do something a lot of people see. I can name like five actors who have built a career over time with small roles here and there. There are a few directors who can do it, who can continually get money for their next small project even though they’re not enormously successful. People still see them. But that’s a different game—I kind of like that game; to be able to control your own destiny in that way is a little bit more challenging. But you succeed or fail on buzz or on the basis of your own merits.” That is, succeed or fail not just on the basis of a five-star starlet-dating history (Gisele Bündchen, Scarlett Johansson, Amanda Seyfried, and, these days, reportedly, Tamsin Egerton). Or being among People’s 50 most eligible bachelors.
This was a recurring—perhaps the recurring—theme when I spoke with Hartnett: control, and its dance partner, defiance. It’s part of why he gave up eating meat when he was 12. “When you’re that age, you don’t have a lot of control over anything. But it was partly also a ****-you to my parents. I also quit going to church around that time. I wasn’t really raised religious, but I went to a Catholic school, and my grandmother was religious, so my dad sent me to Catholic school for her. And when I was 12, I denounced the church. That’s when my first existential crisis happened. I started feeling different. Noticing that things were growing and decaying at the same time.” (He’s since started eating meat, after he was asked to do something about his gray pallor during the filming of The Black Dahlia.)
And what about the last existential crisis when he quit acting a few years ago? “For a long time, I didn’t do anything at all,” he says. “I mean, I was directing some music videos and writing a lot, but I just wasn’t interested in the stuff I was being offered in film, and I had a very specific idea of what I wanted to do and accomplish. I wanted to write something—I’m my own worst critic, but I wanted to. I couldn’t even bring myself to get funding for any of the things I was writing, but that was the idea—to control a project. Not having control over the entire thing—you’re free within the context, then you give it away and someone else tears it apart. For better or worse, it’s not yours.” As we get up to go, the obsequious manager of Pete’s comes up, explaining how the owner would love a new photo of him to hang on the wall. And Hartnett wryly obliges.
*This article appears in the May 5, 2014 issue of New York Magazine.

Ссылка

Продолжение следует. Полностью интервью будет опубликовано в журнале New York Magazine, выход которого 5 мая.

Ждем новое интервью с Джошем Хартнеттом, вот журнал!
http://sa.uploads.ru/t/OwhvA.jpg
Talk about the perfect Friday night in. Pinterest and #JoshHartnett articles emoji️ #Friday #Night #Relax
http://iconosquare.com/p/716856005780447584_188277439

НОВОЕ ИНТЕРВЬЮ!!!  :cool:  :flag:  :jumping:

Returning in 'Penny Dreadful,' Josh Hartnett has a mature view of his life and work

Article by: NEAL JUSTIN , Star Tribune
    Updated: May 10, 2014 - 2:59 PM

Returning to the spotlight with the Showtime drama "Penny Dreadful," which debuts Sunday, the Minnesota-bred star is taking it slower these days.

LOS ANGELES – An energetic teenager bounded into a hoity-toity Hollywood restaurant and didn’t even look at the menu before blurting out that he was almost certain he just nailed an audition for a new “Halloween” movie, oblivious to the fact that he’s more of an unknown than the guy outside parking cars.

That was 16 years ago.

“I was a pretty cocky little kid,” said Josh Hartnett, taking a break from shooting “Penny Dreadful,” Showtime’s new psychological horror series. “Maybe that’s why people liked what I was doing at the time. I never felt I had to push that far. I thought if it was there emotionally, it would read on the screen. I think it worked.”

Did it ever. Within three years of scoring that horror flick, the St. Paul-raised actor was on everyone’s most-wanted list. In 2001 alone, he starred in six major releases, including “Black Hawk Down” and “Pearl Harbor.”

Then Hartnett pulled a disappearing act.

“There was a period right after ‘Black Hawk Down’ where I decided not to make films for 18 months,” said Hartnett, hanging out in a hotel suite earlier this year as Showtime’s president cooled his heels in the hallway, waiting to pay his respects. “The attention being paid to me was overwhelming.”

He’s been slow about getting back in the fast lane. He hasn’t starred in a significant motion picture since 2007’s “Resurrecting the Champ” with Samuel L. Jackson.

“It was a life strategy,” said Hartnett, who spent his downtime directing music videos, writing scripts and dabbling in design work. “There were times when nothing was quite right and I wasn’t intrigued by anything. I turned down a lot of stuff and time just kept marching on.”

“Penny,” which debuts Sunday, has the potential to re-ignite his career. He plays Ethan Chandler, a Bronco Billy-type performer who’s drifting across London in 1891 when he’s recruited by Victorian-age vampire hunters. Encounters with Dr. Frankenstein, Dorian Gray and other spooky creatures from historical fiction soon follow.

Creator John Logan cast Hartnett for the brooding nature that first made him a star.

“Quite honestly, he’s got great eyes,” said Logan, who wrote the screenplays for “Gladiator,” “The Aviator” and “Skyfall,” the most recent James Bond film. “He allows passion and intensity to come through his eyes. When he walks into a room, he represents handsome America.”

Eva Green, who plays a woman Chandler is hired to protect, also referenced the All-American persona in an interview. “We’re all playing uptight British people, and he comes in as the cowboy,” she said.

Hartnett has a harder time describing himself. Never much of a talker, at least to the press, he made several efforts to describe where he is as an actor before landing on a somewhat enigmatic answer.

“When I started off, I was very passionate about the details of what I was getting into and how it defined me,” he said. “As I get older, I’m less interested in how each job defines me and more interested in how they’re helping me grow and keep going in this world.”

There are other changes for Hartnett in his mid-30s. In the past, he has been heavily involved in supporting Democratic candidates, including Minneapolis’ new mayor, Betsy Hodges. Expect to see less of him on the campaign trail in the near future.

“I’m not sure celebrity endorsements help a politician,” he said. “I think the influence of actors is through the work they do rather than going out and stumping. I think it leaves candidates open for potshots.”

And then there’s the revelation that the Twin Cities may be losing one of its most recognizable residents.

Hartnett still spends at least three months a year in Minneapolis and even ran around the lakes a few times during this brutal winter. “I’m one of those crazy people who do it when it’s 40-below,” he said. “It hurts to catch your breath.”
But he isn’t sure how much longer he’ll keep his Midwest home. “Economically, it’s difficult to maintain multiple places to live,” he said. “It also diffuses the attention you can give to the place you’re at. As time goes on, I’m going to have to make some choices.”

As for his career, Hartnett hopes to find a solid movie to act in this summer and then direct one of his own scripts.

“I like the idea of putting something out there that I put together,” he said. “I haven’t done that yet.”

It’s just another indication that the onetime teen heartthrob is all grown up.

Источник

ИНТЕРВЬЮ! НОВОЕ)))  :cool:  :flag:  :jumping:

Why actor Josh Hartnett says he’s ‘drawn to struggle’

PASADENA, CALIF. If trouble isn't lurking around the corner, actor Josh Hartnett goes looking for it. It's a way of life for him, he says.

"I'm a person who's drawn to struggle and I'm drawn to challenges so if there's not a tough time in front of me, I'll try to find one," says the star of such projects as Black Hawk Down, Pearl Harbor and 30 Days of Night.

Hartnett quit drama school after six months, snagged his first TV series at 18 and has continued to juggle ambition with reason ever since.

"I feel like adversity breeds depth and growth," he says. "And I don't think you have to create it for yourself, but you can find it. I think that can lead to a more interesting experience, a more rewarding experience."

There have been tough times, he says. "But I think a lot of them were because I seek out experiences that are different or challenging that leads me to that place."

He's heading for that place again with his role as the American sharpshooter adrift in Victorian London in Penny Dreadful, premiering Sunday on the Movie Network.

It's Hartnett's first foray into cable television's dark recesses. Dreadful plummets viewers into the seamy side of society where some of literature's classic personas — like Frankenstein, Dorian Gray and the Mummy — are reimagined.

It's a new direction for Hartnett. "There were times where I thought, 'OK, I've done this and I've seen this side of the industry and seen what the potential is for my life in this realm — and probably not seeing it very clearly — but saw it from a certain perspective and said, 'This is not what I want right now. I want to try this other thing and see where that leads.'"

Hartnett enjoys stirring things up, always has. "I like people to be at their ease, but I like people to look at things from a different perspective if possible. So I will argue a point. If the teacher told me to do something I would ask them, 'Why is that necessary? It doesn't make any sense to me. Why are you trying to turn out somebody who's going to work in a factory? ... I'm not trying to learn how to work, what I'm trying to do is learn something valuable for my life.'"

Hartnett, who grew up with his dad and stepmother in Minneapolis, has quit cold a couple of times. The last time he and a partner penned a screenplay and sold it to DreamWorks, where it's been "sitting on a very important shelf somewhere, I'm sure," he grins.

But working as a performer leaves much up to chance, he says. "I'm starting to believe that life's absurd, more than anything else. It ends in tragedy. And control is an illusion. And that if you can find a way to appreciate the ebbs and flows and ups and downs for their direct value — which is the experience itself of being on that roller coaster — you'll be much more satisfied with your life. That's what I feel at this point."

He's not sure how he came to that conclusion.

"Just trial and error over the years, feeling like I had control, watching it dissipate without much reason, or reasons that I could see. You can't teach someone perspective. You also can't teach someone to grow up. You also can't look at things directly from another person's perspective.

"I think that's what I enjoy about acting so much, you get a chance to get into another person's psyche a little bit and try to see it from their perspective."

Still, understanding another's point of view has been difficult for him, especially in relationships, he says.

"You take on a relationship with someone you feel has great potential ... you guys have great potential together, even if it isn't so obvious right off the bat. Some of the times it just doesn't pan out. But seeking, trying to push through that — those have been the most trying parts of my life, I think."

At press time he was dating British actress Tamsin Egerton. "The idea of giving up control and the idea of control in a relationship is the most terrifying thing I've ever had to go through," he says, though he admits he's usually better off because of it.

"I've never had a good relationship that doesn't involve giving up that control. It only works for as long as you realize that you're going to be giving up so much more than you think they're giving up—both of you have to feel that way for it to really work."

McClatchy-Tribune News Service

Ссылка

Вопросы к Джошу в people.com
What's Josh Hartnett's Biggest Pet Peeve?

Josh Hartnett battles scary monsters in Showtime’s new horror series Penny Dreadful. The actor, 35, who says he loves The Beach Boys and fixing things, chatted with PEOPLE this week about "one last thing."

Last moment of bliss
It's such a man thing, but if I can fix something, it's blissful for me. I'm renting this house, and there is a French press coffeemaker that just wouldn't go together correctly. It was a very simple thing, but I did it and it made my coffee so much more delicious.

Last musical obsession
I've been getting back into The Beach Boys. I started listening to an album of theirs on repeat recently, but I can't remember the name of it. That's the thing about having everything on your computer or iPod – you never look at the titles anymore!

Last gift I received
I was given a really nice book, The Secret Agent, by Joseph Conrad. It was a wrap gift from my dialect coach. I had talked about it once months beforehand when we were starting the show, and she had remembered.

Last time I cringed
Right now I'm in California for a bit and staying in Silverlake. What bothers me is people who are perfectly, raggedly coiffed who sit at coffee shops all day.

Интервью льются как из рога изобилия)

Sana написал(а):

Интервью льются как из рога изобилия)

Это точно! Я не успеваю оформлять)) Исправлюсь в скором времени!

23 мая опубликовали интервью Джоша Хартнетта для HuffPost Canada TV   :flag:

Josh Hartnett Talks 'Penny Dreadful,' Ethan Chandler And Returning To TV

Josh Hartnett has never seemed like the kind of guy who gave a crap about fame. He's an actor who truly cares about the craft, so should it be surprising that he's branching out from his established film career to television? No. Why would it? The small screen has become a haven for actors who are searching for quality work, so it seems the timing couldn't be more perfect for Hartnett, who's returned to TV 17 years later (he appeared on "Cracker: Mind Over Matter" from 1997 to 1999).

Hartnett plays the mysterious Ethan Chandler on Showtime's newest series "Penny Dreadful" (from creator, writer and executive producer John Logan). Ethan is a man with dark secrets and a troubling past who finds himself trapped in Victorian London. The actor recently spoke to reporters -- he talked about getting into character, working with the likes of Logan, Sam Mendes, Eva Green and Timothy Dalton, the fickle world of show business, and why fans won't see a "Penny Dreadful" blooper reel anytime soon.

HuffPost Canada TV: TV is hotter than ever before. How has the transition been from film to TV, and what has changed in TV since you appeared on "Cracker"?
Josh Hartnett:
From my perspective, everything's changed in television. Beyond the fact that it's a different medium and maybe the quality's different than it was back then, it's also been so long that I'm a different person. Like, entirely different, in the way that I approach my work and my outlook on life, just everything. So I don't come to this with any prior knowledge of television, for the most part. I was 18 years old when I started working on "Cracker" and that's a lifetime ago, for me.

When I decided to do this, the only fear was that I would be working with people who didn't have the energy and clout to continue making good material over the course of a long period of time. You can pick the wrong people to work with and you can make a great couple of first shows, and then the quality will fall off dramatically because whoever created it is not able to handle a writers' room, they don't know how to really write for TV. But with John Logan, he's so well-respected within the industry as a screenwriter. He wrote all eight episodes as a single arc, and had a series of other ideas for the possible few subsequent seasons of the show, and was so clear about what he wanted. When I spoke to David Nevins, head of Showtime, he said John has picked up the concept of working in television faster than anyone he's ever worked with. It's because John is obviously an incredibly smart guy and a very strong writer to begin with. I felt like I was in good hands, even though I didn't know where the character was going to go, I knew that it would be someplace clever and worthy, and it would be fun to possibly collaborate with these guys over the course of many years.

Was it hard to get into Ethan's head?
The only difficult thing about getting into Ethan's head is that this is the first time in my career that I've been working without a back story or knowing where the character's going to go. The work that I do when I'm preparing for a character usually involves trying to decipher the deepest possible meaning from the writers' text of what the character could be going through. Where he comes from, what he desires, what he fears, all these things are important to me so that I have a clear understanding of who the guy is and how he's going to feel texturally on-screen. With this, when I spoke to John Logan about the character, he didn't quite know what the back story for Ethan was going to be. He had certain ideas, but we knew that it was going to become the fore story possibly by the end of Season 1 or the beginning of the Season 2. So I was left in a situation where I had to make something up [Laughs], which can be fun but it can also be terrifying.

I read that Timothy Dalton said "Penny Dreadful" is not a horror story, but it's a drama about human stories. What are your thoughts?
At its core, "Penny Dreadful" is about a few central characters that, in a way, become a family. All good drama is about families, really, and this show is no different. I think what Timothy was trying to say -- what I can interpret what he meant is -- that it's really about people and the way they interact, and not necessarily about just the thrills and chills. And that's what will hopefully make this show endure. If we want to make this show indelible and special to the audience so they will continue to follow us for a few years, potentially, we had to make sure that the characters were interesting and worth watching and their relationships were, at some deep level, relatable. As far as Ethan goes, I have a lot of questions about Ethan, after seeing the first two episodes. The way that it'll be presented is part of the fun. Spoiling the fun is not my business, so I don't want to give too much away.

Does he have weaknesses?
Oh, man, yeah. He has a lot of weaknesses. In the first episode, you're seeing a lot of his vices and weaknesses but you'll see many, many more. He's an incredibly flawed character.

Will there be a love story for your character?
There's potentially a lot of love stories in this show. But they're not going to be typical romances. There are going to be a lot of secrets and maybe a dark twist to some of these love stories as well. But, yeah, I think you'll see Ethan falling in love at some point.

What was it like to work with Eva Green and Timothy Dalton?
We're all from such different worlds. Eva is a person who generally keeps to herself and works hard in a certain way to bring a lot of dark characters to the screen. She has a certain appeal that is very specific, and I've seen her work over the years and I've always admired what she does. Timothy is a completely different sort of guy. He comes from a theatrical background and is in it to experiment and to see what we can pull off with the characters. He comes with that rich voice and that strength of presence and he wants to throw everything at the wall and see what sticks.

I tend to do a ton of research and come with a particular idea of where I want the character to go, but then also on the day, throw that all out and just go for broke and emotionally feel the scene with the other actors and see what happens. We're three very different types of actors. We're never overly comfortable in these relationships. I think sometimes the chemistry on screen can go a little dead when people are just overly familiar with each other's ways. And what's nice is we all have different approaches and I don't think we'll ever be exactly on the same page. It'll always keep the spark alive.

Do you have any memorable moments from the set that you can share?
When you're working on a show like this, where there's more than one decapitated head prosthetic sitting around, there's always going to be somebody making practical jokes. I was not prepared for the speed in which you have to shoot a television show like this. We've got a fantastically easy pace compared to a lot of TV because we've been afforded that by the people involved. But still. It's much, much faster than film. We're just working at a breakneck speed the whole time. So I kind of made a joke that we should make a fake blooper reel because we almost didn't have time to joke around on set. And nobody took me up on that. We tried a few things but there just wasn't time, plain and simple.

How does "Penny Dreadful" differ from the other horror shows on the air?
It's different people creating it. I think the show has some of the most high-quality people working in either film or television.. John Logan is no slouch when it comes to screenwriting and he's been nominated so many times for Academy Awards. And Sam Mendes working on his first television show, obviously these are great people that you want to collaborate with. Really, when it comes down to it, I know the show's a scary show, I know that a lot of it is about creeping out the audience, but for me as an actor and as a collaborator, it was just the chance to work with these people and tease out a character over a longer period of time. That's interesting to me.

Personally, I have a knee-jerk reaction in me that if someone tells me to go left, I go right. I like to buck the trend and do things differently. When John came to me with this character -- and there was really no story, no idea where it was going to go -- initially, that excited me. It was a new challenge for me to get comfortable with this thing going on for years, potentially. And slowly teasing the audience out into seeing who the character really is. That's just something really new for me and fun.

What attracts you to dark themes?
I think what attracts me to dark themes is similar to what attracts me to light themes. I love doing comedy as well, whenever I'm allowed to. It's the variation that makes my job so much fun. To be able to go from something that is so dark, like "I Come With the Rain," which is about the darkest movie I've ever seen let alone been in, to then do "Lucky Number Slevin" which is very lighthearted but with a dark twist to it. It's fun to be able to switch things up so I like doing it all, really.

Do you like to be scared?
Yeah. I think everybody does. Not to speak in platitudes, but yeah, I definitely like to be scared. My favourite movies as a kid were scary movies. Aside from adventure movies like "Star Wars" and "Indiana Jones" and "Batman" -- I think I even like the dark aspects of the "Batman" world more when I was a kid than I liked the bright colours of the "Superman" world. I think we're drawn to the darkness because we don't see it every day. It belies some sort of internal dread, call it existential, or call it something else, that there is death lurking around the corner.

How difficult is it to do movies that aren't blockbusters and then get the jobs you want?

Very tricky. This business has become increasingly interested in the bottom line and from an actor's perspective, it's kind of funny because there's no single actor that I can think of that guarantees box office in whatever movie they're in. There are a lot of actors that have certain hits here and there, and then they have movies that don't hit with the public. I've always found it kind of frustrating and strange that so much of an actor's reputation, even as far as the work goes, is reliant on how well the movie plays over the first weekend of box office. But that's the way it is, that's the nature of it.

What I wanted to do, and what I've been able to do, is parlay some of that initial success in this industry, the monetary success, into a lot of projects that I was passionate about, really interesting pieces, and be able to go back and forth between films that have more box office potential and films that would probably be considered very difficult for people to go see in the theatres but they're not any less worthy. I think that's important to remember, that eventually somebody does see those films. I get more compliments on the films that I've done that have been smaller over the years, just walking down the street, than I do with the big blockbusters. That being said, there's a pressure to do big blockbusters to keep the other jobs coming in as well. You just have to be aware of both pressures to maintain integrity and to try to find films that people will want to see as well.

What are the most important things you've learned [over the last 17 years]?

I have learned and forgotten many important lessons about acting. It's one of the most subjective industries that there are. Things that appear good on screen are not always the things that are actually good. I've worked with some actors that get no credit for their film performances but are some of the best, most talented actors I've ever worked. And then there are actors that just know how to work the camera but they're not really actors, they're just kind of posers, and you can see their performances ringing in time and time again.

It's just a very confusing industry or craft to be a part of. It's all just circumstantial is what I'm saying. The things that I've learned have been thrown out many times. I've learned a lot, there are a lot of different theories on how to deliver the best performances and they've been dominated by one school of thought or another over the course of the last 100 years. These days, I wouldn't say there's one school of acting that is dominating. For me, it has always been about investigating a character to its fullest and trying to understand everything that a character would want to do. And that, I guess, is more of a writerly approach, but that's just how I do it.

"Penny Dreadful" airs Sundays at 9 p.m. PT on Movie Central in Western Canada and 10 p.m. ET on The Movie Network in Eastern Canada and Showtime in the U.S.

Ссылка

valerie написал(а):

Это точно! Я не успеваю оформлять)) Исправлюсь в скором времени!

Ты как пчелка, трудишься, спасибо тебе большое! http://hartnettjosh.org/sml/2101.gif   Впереди ещё четыре серии и, надеюсь, новые и новые интервью))

Коротенькое интервью Джоша, в котором он обмолвился о "горячей" сцене в третьей серии "Penny Dreadful"

Перевод

У поклонников голливудского сердцееда появилась возможность лицезреть, как их любимец в роли Итана Чэндлера кувыркается в постели с великолепной Биили Пайпер в новом сериале на канале Sky Atlantic. 

Но 35-летний Джош, и Билли, которой досталась роль проститутки Броны Крофт, признали, что они ненавидят сниматься в сексуальных сценах.

Джош сказал: “Когда зрители видят сексуальные сцены или поцелуи на экране – в кино ли, по телевидению – это всегда так возбуждающе, так красиво. Но в действительности эти сцены  всегда очень неуклюжие, щекотливые.

Мы поговорили с Билли, и поняли, что наши мнения о том, что мы не любим сниматься в сценах секса совпадают. Но мы должны были это сделать, раз уж оказались в таком мрачном, сексуальном и интеллигентном сериале, и мы этим гордимся – но воссоздавать такую сцену перед съемочной группой – назовите это как угодно, но это совершенно не сексуально.

Говоря о Билли (ей 31 год), актер добавил: «Она удивительная актриса. С развитием сезона будут раскрываться новые глубины ее персонажа, и она покажет, какой она яркий талант.» 

Ссылка

Повезло Билли, что тут сказать  :blush: не с первого же дубля они сняли, репетировали... Очень так у них "hot" получилось, естественно так...

Очень понравилась сцена, если честно - никакой пошлости, наигранности - такая зрелая страсть! Уж сколько дней прошло, как впервые это увидела, а все равно, вспоминаю - мороз по коже! (Это если они так в нелюбимых сценах снимаются, то что говорить о любимых???) Спасибо, Джон Логан, спасибо режиссеру третьей серии Дирбле Уолш за такого Джоша!!!!!!!  :cool: https://forumstatic.ru/files/0000/0e/cb/59992.gif

Вы здесь » Josh Hartnett Forum » Биография. Biography » Интервью Джоша / Josh's interviews