Josh Hartnett Forum

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Josh Hartnett Forum » Новости. News » Интервью с Джошем / Josh Hartnett: I’m really just a regular guy

Интервью с Джошем / Josh Hartnett: I’m really just a regular guy

Сообщений 1 страница 30 из 45

I meet Josh Hartnett, the 30-year-old Hollywood star of the blockbuster Pearl Harbor who made his debut on the West End stage this week, in a stark, airless rehearsal room in south London.

The lights flash on and off at random and Hartnett, at 6ft 3in, folds himself uncomfortably into a plastic chair. He wears jeans, T-shirt and a beanie hat, and still has the heart-throb looks that got him spotted by a talent scout as a teenager. Yet despite more than a decade in the limelight he is supremely uncomfortable being scrutinised.

He says he hates the “fame game”; that he's just a regular guy; that he despises the trappings of celebrity –— yet he's so hemmed in by publicists and minders that he gives every impression of believing himself to be really very famous. The West End producer Nica Burns sits next to him and occasionally answers questions for him. And boy, does he hate being asked about Heath Ledger, who was a friend. “I'm not even going to go there,” he replies, unhappy, when I ask whether he misses him. Subsequent British interviewers, it turns out, are told not to mention Ledger as a result.

Why so defensive? He says he's had bad experiences with the press, and most often — he implies — during his year-long relationship with Scarlett Johansson, with whom he lived in New York. His silence on the subject of former girlfriends is absolute, and perhaps fair enough: he says he's been stalked by the US paparazzi and that even stepping outside his front door became difficult at one stage. “People have written wild things about me,” he complains. “The trick so many people learn, and that I am reluctant to learn, is to be hurt and cover it up and ­pretend that everything is OK all the time when it's not.

“I don't like to act in my personal life. I like to be straightforward … Look, I started this very young, and I haven't had media training, so go figure.”

Hartnett is appearing in the stage adaptation of the 1988 tear-jerker Rain Man, a movie that won Oscars for Dustin Hoffman and director Barry Levinson, and popularised the concept of the autistic savant. He plays Charlie Babbitt, the Tom Cruise role; the manipulative, money-grabbing younger brother to the numerically gifted Raymond (played here by British actor Adam Godley). It's a bold project, partly because the film, essentially a road movie, looms so large in the cultural consciousness but also because Hartnett hasn't acted on stage for 12 years.

“I wanna stretch myself,” he says languidly. “Try new things. I get quite fed up being on a film set day after day, six days a week. It can get to be a grind. I want to have what I do always feel fresh and new, and [this play] does to me… I mean, a film adaptation is not necessarily my first choice for the first piece of theatre I've done in 12 years but the script was so impressive, and I wanted to show myself that I could do it still. Basically, I have a short attention span, so it'll be good for me to try and stay in one space, doing the same thing for four months.”

It was on stage at theatre school in New York that Hartnett was first noticed. A talent scout whisked him off to screen auditions in LA. He was 17 and very, very handsome — in that mildly unruly fashion that often passes on American TV for proper teenage rebelliousness (he auditioned on several occasions for a part in Dawson's Creek, and I'm amazed he didn't get one).

For a while, however, Hartnett wasn't convinced that he even wanted to be an actor; and certainly not an actor hired primarily for his beauty in teen horror flicks such as Halloween H20, one of his first features. Yet a breakthrough role in Sofia Coppola's acclaimed The Virgin Suicides was followed by Ridley Scott's Black Hawk Down; and then the epic Pearl Harbor — the part (Captain Danny Walker) that was destined to propel him to Hollywood superstardom.

“I became popular very young,” he says, with a huge sigh. “I viewed myself as just a young actor trying to figure out how to do well, and, you know, making mistakes and learning and growing.

“And then I happened to be picked up for a certain movie, and they let the publicity machine go wild, and I ended up at the centre of that — and I was billed as a lot of things that I never claimed to be.”

Hartnett was the next Harrison Ford; the next Tom Cruise; the next money-spinning action hero. Never mind that the film was a critical flop, Hartnett's agent was lining up one big movie after another, including Superman, which he turned down. “Fame was initially this kind of blunt tool that was thrust into my hands very young,” he says.

By far the most interesting thing about him, I think, is his decision to abdicate from the mega-celebrity status Pearl Harbor bestowed upon him. To turn your back on the fame so many people seem to crave nowadays is surely the act of a complex, thoughtful person. It's a choice of which he's proud. After Pearl Harbor he simply went home, to liberal Minnesota, where he and his three siblings were brought up largely by their father, a property manager and jazz musician who once played with Al Green.

For the next year he dodged his increasingly irate agents (“Yeah, that was pretty much the end of that relationship”) and hung out with old friends. He describes himself as a “totally odd” kid, growing up, a daydreamer who found his niche in the theatre; and just for a moment, there's a flash of dry wit here, too. As a young teenager he took a pocket-money job at a video store, and got to watch movies all day, a story that reminds me of Quentin Tarantino, who also worked in a video shop, pre-Reservoir Dogs, and thereby indulged his own obsession for film. “Yeah, that's cool,” replies Hartnett, when I mention QT. “But I wasn't like Tarantino. I was like the comic store guy from The Simpsons. That was more me. It was pretty much the only job I could hold down.”

Yet he denies that he suffered any kind of crisis post-Pearl Harbor; he just didn't enjoy, maybe even get, his pin-up status. “Partially, I didn't know what [fame] was good for,” he says. “Now I've figured out that you can use it to raise awareness for certain charities, certain issues.

But it was living in a goldfish bowl that made it so difficult. Some people would say that's a plus but it's not something I can do. I've retreated from this idea of chasing fame. It's too much for me to handle.”

Instead, he has taken a year off here, a year off there, and made movies he really wanted to make — Hollywood Homicides, working with Harrison Ford, Brian De Palma's The Black Dahlia; the crime thriller Lucky Number Slevin and superior horror feature 30 Days of Night. He is also starting to produce his own films, and has released a movie called August, set in 2001 — the month before 9/11 — against the backdrop of dotcom meltdown in New York. Hartnett stars, and — wow — David Bowie has a cameo.

“I've gone back to that idea of trying to steadily grow as an artist,” he says. “I'm not rejecting the idea that I've been very lucky but if I can use the fame factor to create these films I think are intelligent, cool and different it's the best of all worlds. There's a balance you must strike in this industry, I'm not ignorant of that fact. I just want to make sure I'm falling on the right side of it …” He pauses, winces slightly. “The side of integrity over monetary gain or fame, I guess.”

He is a worrier, he says. What does he worry about? “Everything. What's not to worry about? Seriously. Some people just have this personality. It starts on a mundane, domestic level then it moves into personal relations then into national or world affairs.” I don't think he's entirely joking here. “If everything is going well in my life then I start to read the papers more and I start to worry about everything I can't deal with. They say wisdom is knowing what you can fix and what you can't change. I'm very unwise.”

He will miss the US election but professes a healthy degree of cynicism about the influence of Hollywood stars on proceedings (“a lot of actors have decided to spout out their opinions; I don't care to be involved in that”). Yet he still parties when he can, or when he's allowed to. So far in London, he's barely got out of this windowless rehearsal room but his friends in The Kings of Leon are coming to town and he expects to hang out with them. He cites some edgy New York bands as his current favourites. Not that he falls out of limos, though — heavens no! “I couldn't enjoy [going out] when I was young,” he says, “because I was a worrier, and I thought I don't want to be one of those jerks who spends every night out in clubs trying to find girls, or whatever.

“Then I kind of got a little more secure in who I was, and realised I could have a good time occasionally. I don't go to clubs often but I like to see bands, you know.”

As for London, well, trouble is, Hartnett thinks the British papers will hassle him while he's here. On the one hand, he's up for meeting the normal Londoner: “If I have time and I end up in a situation where people want to talk about something I've done, or they're doing, or just movies or acting or the weather here and how it sucks, of course I'll talk about that.” But on the other, he's sure hordes of gossip columnists and sneaky informers are watching his every move so they can write more mean, made-up stories. “When you have that sort of fame and attention being paid to you by the paparazzi you're never going to meet anyone, so what's the point? If you step outside the door you end up in a situation where people have seen you and they can say whatever they want to say about you, and the only factor they need is that you were there. That's all they need.”

So look: I'm sure Hartnett will be a success in Rain Man, and I'm sure, when he's off-guard, he's a most likeable young man. But when I see him he's clearly too uptight about his fame — the very thing he wants to escape — to speak his mind.
Some days later I receive a call from his British publicist. Josh didn't feel relaxed during his interview and would I like to meet him again? Sure, fine, I say, surprised. Later, the same publicist phones me back. Er, Josh's US publicist says I can have 10 minutes with him, that she'd like to vet the questions, and that there are certain caveats and conditions and … As they say in America: Enough already.

Rain Man is at the Apollo Theatre. Information: 0844 412 4658, wwwrainmanonstage.com.
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23546815-details/Josh Hartnett: I’m really just a regular guy (but+don%E2%80%99t+ask+me+to+chill+out)/article.do

Who is the real Josh Hartnett..?

by CLAIRE ALLFREE - Monday, September 1, 2008

Even before I hook up with Josh Hartnett, tedious restrictions are being put in place by his publicist. Josh Hartnett has said he won't answer personal questions. Josh Hartnett has requested his producer be present.

But in fact, meeting the teen heart-throb-turned-megabucks movie star of Black Hawk Down and Pearl Harbor is a bit like expecting Madonna and getting Nick Drake. With his indie kid wardrobe, chocolatey eyes and black woolly hat, he looks more like a soulful English lit student than a Hollywood actor.

Before the tape is even running he's talking earnestly about Rain Man, the London stage adaptation of the Tom Cruise/Dustin Hoffman film in which he plays Cruise's character Charlie Babbitt. 'It's very different to the film,' he says. 'My Babbitt is older and much less appealing. I'm fascinated by the father-son relationship too; it's absolutely pivotal.'

Hartnett, who hasn't appeared on stage since drama school, is aware that treading the West End boards risks looking like a vanity project. Not that the production can be easily dismissed as a star vehicle – Adam Godley, one of our more committed and serious stage actors, plays the autistic brother Raymond and it's directed by Terry Johnson.

While the 30-year-old Hartnett trots out the usual answers about wanting to do theatre for the challenge and the credibility, he's endearingly candid about the pressure. 'I keep thinking about that Monty Python sketch in which John Cleese declares that Hamlet must be the hardest role because it has 8,262 words,' he grins. 'And then when someone mentions King Lear he says: ''Well, now, I don't want to give you the impression that it's simply the number of words. Getting them in the right order is just as important.”

Learning the lines has been tough. But I can see how actors get a kick out of performing each night. You must feel like a rock star.' There's a mix of guilelessness and thoughtfulness about Hartnett that belies his image as soft-centred Hollywood tottie.

Quietly spoken, even shy, he exudes virtually no star wattage. He's a voracious reader, adores music and campaigned extensively for John Kerry in the 2004 presidential election campaign. When Nica Burns, the Rain Man producer, breaks in to praise him for his performance in 2005's Asperger's film Mozart And The Whale, he is visibly touched and embarrassed.

Hartnett's early career is the stuff of dreams: he was talent-spotted at drama school 13 years ago and flown to LA, where he did several movies in quick succession, including Robert Rodriguez's The Faculty and teen horror flick Halloween: H20. The Virgin Suicides followed, the sort of art-house project he craves, followed by a leap into the mainstream with a double whammy of war films, Ridley Scott's Black Hawk Down and Michael Bay's Pearl Harbor.

The latter was an unmitigated critical disaster, and Hartnett was so bruised by the fallout he fled back to his beloved family home in Minnesota and didn't work again for 18 months. These days he's determined to opt for difficult, challenging roles.

Fame is something he doesn't seem to seek: he turned down Superman in 2003 and – despite dating famous women such as Helena Christensen and Scarlett Johansson – insists he prefers anonymity to celebrity. 'The LA paparazzi follow you everywhere,' he says. 'One reason I wanted to act in London is that Broadway is too close to home in New York.

Here there's some distance.' Hartnett is so serious about being taken seriously, it almost hurts. Part of it, he says, is fear of being typecast by a movie-making machine that would doubtless like to straitjacket those pretty good looks into a piece of blockbuster fodder.

His recent choices have been an uneven mix of arty and commercial, although none, apart from perhaps Brian De Palma's The Black Dahlia, has had anything like Black Hawk Down's profile. This doesn't bother him; he's now quite sanguine about success. 'You learn quickly that you can't be seduced by bright lights,' he says. 'I've already been in this business half my life.

If I want to stick around then I've got to do the things I want to do.' Is he drawn to characters that chime with something within him, or something completely different? 'A bit of both. The character in my last film, August [set on Wall Street], was very self-destructive, for instance, and at the time I was going through a self-destructive phase myself.

' Self-destructive? Wholesome, sensitive Josh Hartnett? There must be some mistake. 'Ah, but you wouldn't recognise my private life,' he smiles. 'I'm an actor, don't forget.' In other words, there's more to this man than meets the eye.

Rain Man is in preview, opens Sep 19, until Dec 20, Apollo Theatre, Shaftesbury Avenue W1, Mon to Sat 7.30pm, Wed and Sat mats 3pm, £16 to £47. Tel: 0844 412 4658. Tube: Piccadilly Circus

-----------------------------------------
Источник: http://www.metro.co.uk/metrolife/articl … age_id=260

Интервью это у нас было, но порезанное наполовину o.O 

Q&A
Josh Hartnett, actor

November 10 2007
Rosanna Greenstreet

Josh Hartnett was born in 1978 and raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota. During high school he acted and appeared in television adverts. In 1998, he made his feature film debut with Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween: H20, and received an MTV Movie Award nomination for Best Breakthrough Performance. He went on to appear in Sofia Coppola's directorial debut The Virgin Suicides, and in 2001 starred in Jerry Bruckheimer's Pearl Harbor and Ridley Scott's Black Hawk Down. His latest film, 30 Days Of Night, is out now.

When were you happiest?

Running around when I was a kid was a really happy time; a time when getting home for dinner or for sleep were my only responsibilities.

What is your greatest fear?

Becoming a pessimist.

What is your earliest memory?

When I was two, some boiling water spilt on my left side and I had to go to hospital. I remember the nurse bringing me a green lollipop.

Which living person do you most admire, and why?

Jimmy Carter, because he was too good to win a second term as president of the US. He wasn't looking after his job as much as he was looking after the people, which is what public service should be all about.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?

Vanity.

Aside from a property, what's the most expensive thing you've bought?

I spent my entire first pay cheque from Cracker, a TV show on ABC, on an Audi because my other car broke down and I needed to get to work.

What is your most treasured possession?

Right now, my computer because it keeps me in touch with everybody back home. I'm in Hong Kong shooting a movie called I Come With The Rain.

What is your guiltiest pleasure?

Staying out all night, not sleeping and going to work the next day. It happens only once in a blue moon.

What makes you depressed?

Spending too much time alone.

What do you most dislike about your appearance?

Enormous thighs that are good for running fast, but very difficult to fit in a pair of jeans.

What is your most unappealing habit?

Smoking. I've been cutting down by rolling my own and smoking only at night. Unfortunately, we are shooting nights so basically I smoke all day.

What is your favourite smell?

Rain, the ocean, coffee in the morning...

What is your favourite book?

The People's Act Of Love, by James Meek.

What would you most like to wear to a costume party?

A rock star, circa 1960.

What is the worst thing anyone's said to you?

That I am unlovable.

To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?

My agents: they could be making a hell of a lot more money on somebody else!

What does love feel like?

A kick in the face.

Who would you invite to your dream dinner party?

Salvador Dalí - he seemed like a fun guy. Noam Chomsky, to keep the conversation interesting. Hunter S Thompson. My friends and family.

What is the worst job you've done?

Piling library books to be sent to Africa, during the summer I was 17. It was the most physically demanding job I've had in my life.

What has been your biggest disappointment?

Life isn't what it's like in the movies.

When did you last cry, and why?

Yesterday, first scene.

How often do you have sex?

As much as possible.  :)

What is the closest you've come to death?

When I was 16 and learning to drive. It was winter and the roads were ice and I slid into oncoming traffic. I just missed a car and hit a pole.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?

Relationships with friends and family.

What keeps you awake at night?

Everything. I am an insomniac.

What song would you like played at your funeral?

I don't care. At that point, people can choose whatever they want.

Where would you most like to be right now?

Home.

Tell us a joke?

How many flies does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Two.

Tell us a secret?

At this point, this is not a secret to you - I am terrible at interviews, they make me nervous.

Источник

Можно ещё одно старенькое интервью выложу? такого у нас нет, вроде проверила....конечно, некоторые вопросы повторяются, но некоторые!!!! читаю впервые :)

май 2002г.

Josh Hartnett

40 Days and 40 Nights

Interviewed by Alec Cawthorne
We asked Josh Hartnett some of your questions about his career and new romantic comedy "40 Days and 40 Nights". Here are his answers...

When you look back at filming "40 Days and 40 Nights", what scenes did you enjoy doing the most? Renee

There isn't any one scene in particular that really stands out because they were all fun, but I suppose shooting the internet company scenes were the funniest. The other actors I was working with were basically a bunch of comedians, so joking around was a daily routine. But I had a good time the entire time.

Was it difficult shooting the naked ladies scenes? Sonja

To be honest I wasn't around for a lot of those scenes but I was there for the bit where the girls are sitting topless at the coffee shop, which was kind of weird. I mean, I've obviously seen a naked girl before but having a collection of them was a first! Actually, someone on set took a picture of me and the girls which became like a symbol for the movie.

As an actor, which war scenes were harder to film, those in "Pearl Harbor" or "Black Hawk Down". And which did you prefer? Laura Ovenden

As a film I preferred "Black Hawk Down", because when you get a situation like that, I think reality is very important. I think Ridley Scott did a great job at doing that. I like that dark, documentary style, it's not often you get a chance to do a movie like that. As an actor it was a lot more glamorous to shoot "Pearl Harbor", because we were in Hawaii, my girlfriend at the time was down there with me, and I was lying on the beach with Kate Beckinsale as opposed to lying in the dirt in Morocco with 50 other guys. It was a very different experience.

What do you look for when choosing your next project? Adam Yates

I look for the character to be something interesting, the script to have a good story and be original, and a director that I admire

Which directors do you admire?

Oh, I wouldn't know where to start, there's so many. A lot of it is timing with directors. Sometimes they'll do movies that aren't really them, just to get well known or for the money, but I admire directors who are passionate about the movies they make. I think Steven Soderbergh would be a great director to work with. I actually got in touch with him last year but I never heard back from him, so that's his loss!

What was it like to change roles from the battle horror of "Black Hawk Down" to the romantic comedy of "40 Days"? Laura Smith

I actually did "40 Days" before "Black Hawk Down", so it was kind of a shock to go from this light-hearted comedy to playing in such a serious subject like war. It was quite traumatic to go through.

Were you comfortable with the comedy role?

The comedy wasn't easy for me. I'd never done it before so it was a real challenge for me. I thoroughly enjoyed it though and would definitely do another one.

What was your hardest character to get into? Sammy and Shelly

Probably the comedy. I'm not a natural comedic actor so I struggled with it at first.

Are you a method actor, did you give up sex for your role in "40 Days"? Hannah Elsy

Yes I did take the vow myself, but I didn't last long! I can't even tell you how many days, it's too pathetic.

Which of your films are you most proud of? Shan

I'm proud of "Black Hawk Down" because I think it told a provocative story and it was honest. It could have had more opportunity to tell both sides of the story but I'm still proud of it. "Virgin Suicides", I think Sofia Coppola did an amazing job for a first time film maker, and "O", I thought it was a clever re-telling of Shakespeare's "Othello".

No mention of "Pearl Harbor" there?

Yeah, I'm proud of a lot of elements of it but I'm sick of talking about it now, so that's probably why that one didn't spring straight to mind.

Источник

Не убивайте :D
Josh Hartnett

Hollywood Homicide

Interviewed by Alana Lee

He was pretty in "Pearl Harbor", bland in "Black Hawk Down", and scared in "Halloween H20" - but has Josh Hartnett ever faced a stiffer challenge than working with grumpy ol' Harrison Ford in "Hollywood Homicide"?

So what happened with that car crash everyone's been talking about?

Look, I crashed one car. I still maintain that it wasn't my fault. I think the director Ron Shelton would agree with me. Harrison [Ford] is just stirring the pot. I didn't almost kill him as much as he persists that I did.

How was it to do a film with Harrison?

Harrison's an icon. It was a treat to meet him.

But what it was it like to work with him?

Well, it's never like you anticipate. We went out and met each other for the first time. Harrison started judging me instantly, trying to figure out how to play me, where I fit in the way he looked at things. Ultimately it took a long time but we got along after a while. There was a little bit of tension. I think he's had a little bit of tension with other young actors he's worked with.

So tell us about the on-screen relationship between your two characters...

We were going for a kind of father-son relationship between the characters. The young cop who really wants the older cop's affection and the older cop who doesn't understand the young cop at all. They really don't understand each other. It's a kind of cross generational thing.

You're a cop, but like Harrison's character you also have a second job right?

Yeah. He's doing real estate on the side and my character is teaching yoga. I did about seven months of training. I started three and a half months before filming started and kept it up through shooting. I did about an hour and a half every day. Not much of it was in the film but it kind of helped me set it up. I loved yoga. It was a lot of fun. But I've had to give it up now. I don't get enough time these days.

источник

http://i049.radikal.ru/0803/d9/780e3da1d856.gif  я не вижу другого выхода...
Josh Hartnett

Wicker Park

Interviewed by Stella Papamichael

I think obsession and love are really quite similar, like two sides of the same coin

In 2001, after being touted as the next big thing for his part in Michael Bay's bombastic Pearl Harbor and Ridley Scott's revisionist war drama Black Hawk Down, Josh Hartnett went decidedly low-key. Perhaps fed up of dodging explosives (and getting roasted by film critics), Hartnett tried his hand at romantic comedy with the rather iffy 40 Days And 40 Nights and cop caper Hollywood Homicide (only slightly less iffy). Now he's taking a shot at the romantic thriller in Wicker Park, Paul McGuigan's remake of classic French flick L'Appartement.

Is this a part you chased or were you always the first choice for Matthew?

This is something that they asked me to do a couple of years ago and I turned it down. Then they went on and created another cast with a certain other director [Joel Schumacher] and it wasn't anything I really wanted to be involved in. When they came back to me a second time I said, "I already turned this down. I don't want to do it." And then they sent me Paul's [McGuigan, director] tape of Gangster No.1 because he had recently signed on to do it, and I went and had a meeting with him and we got on really well. I also really loved Gangster No.1, I just thought it was a really well done film.

Did you refer to Vincent Cassel's performance in L'Appartement before making your own interpretation of the character?

I watched the original before we shot this version but I wouldn't relate my performance to anyone else's performance, if anything because imitation is boring to me. Finding the emotional reality is what's really important to me, and I think that comes from within. Once we started filming, I didn't watch it [L'Appartement] again.

This version of the story seems to suggest that true love can begin from manic obsession. Do you agree with that?

I think obsession and love are really quite similar, like two sides of the same coin. In one case it's requited and in the other case it's unrequited, so maybe that figures into how you look at it. But I think we all have obsessive tendencies in our love life, you know? If you don't, you should probably get out! [Laughs] In that case, I don't know if it can really be love, because love toys with your emotions. As Rose [Byrne, who plays Alex] says, "It makes you do some crazy things." But I don't think this movie says that true love can be borne out of an obsessive tendency, but just that sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

Could you draw on your own experience of being in love?

Well I'm not like Matt. I tend to be a little too practical when it comes to love. In fact I'm a little bit more of a fatalist, you know? I believe in that old saying: "You hold something tighter with an open hand." You just have to let people fly away sometimes and do what they need to do. That's the best way in my opinion.

Do you, like your character, believe in love at first sight?

I don't know. I believe there's a spark at first sight that can be the beginning of love, but I don't believe in love at first sight.

You're working with Paul McGuigan again on Lucky Number Slevin...

Yes. It's a movie starring, well, myself - and Ben Kingsley is also playing a role in it. I'm sorry, Sir Ben Kingsley! We have yet to cast the rest of it but we're shooting it in New York and it's a gangster film that's fairytale-like where the two biggest mobs live on opposite sides of the street. They used to be one organisation but they had a falling out and now neither of the mob bosses leaves their respective strongholds. Then this mysterious young guy comes into their lives, who owes both of them a lot of money, and they try to use him to get the other one - and that's me. It's actually got this Kurosawian vibe to it. I love it. I think it's definitely something different and I'm just going to keep pushing in that direction. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/good.gif 
Источник

Людмила
:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: я, канешн, не асилю, но спасибо! мож кто другой сможет)))

Людмила написал(а):

Интервью это у нас было, но порезанное наполовину

Людмила написал(а):

Можно ещё одно старенькое интервью выложу

Людмила написал(а):

Не убивайте

Людмила написал(а):

я не вижу другого выхода...

Кто то сегодня в ударе  http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/grin.gif

Еще бы кто перевел)))  http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/blush2.gif

soleil написал(а):

Еще бы кто перевел)))

Я завтра вечером могу немного перевести, но не все сразу. Выбиру, что поинтересней.

tatie написал(а):

Я завтра вечером могу немного перевести, но не все сразу. Выбиру, что поинтересней.

спасиб! только не переусердствуй, а то быстро надоест, а ты нам оч нужна!  :jumping:
может, некоторые фразы только, или общее ревью - о самом интересном. а то ведь часто информация повторяется, воды наливают...

Людмила написал(а):

Интервью это у нас было, но порезанное наполовину

Ловите:

Когда ты был счастливее всего?
Действительно счастливым было детство; когда моей единственной ответственностью было прийти домой на обед или лечь спать.
Чего ты больше всего боишься?
Стать пессимистом.
Какое у тебя самое раннее воспоминание?
Мне было 2, меня облили горячей водой, и пришлось идти в больницу. Я помню, что  медсестра дала мне зеленый леденец.
Кого из живых больше уважаешь и почему?
Джимми Картера. Потому что он был слишком хорош для повторной победы в выборах Президента США. Он не так заботился о работе, как о людях, как и должно быть в общественном сервисе.
О какой черте в себе сожалеешь?
Тщеславие.
Кроме недвижимости, какую самую дорогую вещь ты покупал?
Я потратил деньги, заработанные за ТВ-шоу ABC «Cracker», на Audi, потому что другая моя машина сломалась, и мне нужно было на чем-то добираться на работу.
Что из своих вещей ты ценишь больше всего?
Сейчас это мой компьютер, потому что с его помощью я связываюсь со всеми домашними. Я в Гонконге снимаюсь в фильме «Я прихожу с дождем».
Какое удовольствие вызывает у тебя чувство вины?
Всю ночь не спать, а потом на следующий день пойти на работу. Но такое происходит не часто.
Что тебя подавляет?
Если я провожу слишком много времени в одиночестве.
Что тебе больше всего не нравится в твоей внешности?
Чудовищные бедра, которые хороши для быстрого бега, но на которые очень сложно подобрать пару джинсов.
Какая у тебя самая вредная привычка?
Курение. Я пытался ограничиваться курением только ночью. К сожалению, мы ведем съемки как раз ночью, поэтому в основном выходит так, что я курю весь день.
Какой твой любимый запах?
Дождь, океан, утренний кофе…
Какая у тебя любимая книга?
Джеймс Мик «Декрет о народной любви».
Что бы ты одел на костюмированную вечеринку?
Оделся бы как звезда рока образца 1960.
Что было самым ужасным из сказанного тебе?
То, что я непривлекателен.
Перед кем ты бы хотел извиниться и почему?
Моими агентами: они бы могли заработать гораздо больше денег на ком-нибудь другом!
На что похожа любовь?
На удар по лицу.
Кого бы ты пригласил на прием своей мечты?
Сальвадора Дали – он кажется веселым парнем. Ноама Чомски для поддержания интересного разговора. Хантера С. Томпсона. Семью и друзей.
Какую самую ужасную работу тебе приходилось выполнять?
Упаковывать библиотечные книги для отправки в Африку на протяжении лета, когда мне было 17. Это была самая трудная в психологическом плане работа за всю мою жизнь.
Что стало для тебя самым большим разочарованием?
Жизнь совсем не такая, как в кино.
Когда ты в последний раз плакал и почему?
Вчера, первая сцена.
Как часто ты занимаешься сексом?
Как можно чаще.
Когда ты был ближе всего к смерти?
Когда я в 16 лет учился водить. Была зима и дороги покрылись льдом, я соскользнул на встречную полосу. Я избежал столкновения с машиной и ударился в столб.
Что ты рассматриваешь как самое большое достижение?
Отношения с друзьями и родными.
Что помогает тебе бодрствовать по ночам?
Все. Я страдаю бессонницей.
Какую песню ты бы хотел, чтобы сыграли на твоих похоронах?
Мне все равно. В этом случае люди могут выбрать то, что захотят.
Где бы тебе хотелось находиться сейчас?
Дома.
Расскажи шутку?
Сколько мух нужно, чтобы вкрутить лампочку? Две.
Расскажи секрет?
В данном случае, для вас это не будет секретом – я ужасный собеседник на интервью, они заставляют меня нервничать.

tatie
оооо, спасибо большое!  :jumping:

tatie написал(а):

Что тебе больше всего не нравится в твоей внешности?
Чудовищные бедра, которые хороши для быстрого бега, но на которые очень сложно подобрать пару джинсов.

http://i014.radikal.ru/0803/ca/fee8c7e91cfd.gif  Глупости - глупости-глупости...

tatie написал(а):

Тщеславие.

Где оно?

tatie написал(а):

Сейчас это мой компьютер, потому что с его помощью я связываюсь со всеми домашними

Здорово , нам  это на руку!

tatie написал(а):

видимо джинсы поэтому и сползают изредка

tatie написал(а):

Джеймс Мик «Декрет о народной любви».

а как же Достоевский?

tatie написал(а):

Оделся бы как звезда рока образца 1960.

опять рок-звезда!

tatie написал(а):

Вчера, первая сцена.

значит в " Я пихожу с дождем " он плачет ?

tatie написал(а):

как я его понимаю , я тоже страдаю бессоницей!

Отредактировано Наталка (2008-10-15 21:41:52)

Людмила написал(а):

май 2002г   Josh Hartnett   40 Days and 40 Nights

Если вспомнить съемки «40 дней и 40 ночей» - в каких сценах тебе больше понравилось играть?
В действительности нет такого места, который можно действительно выделить, потому что они все были забавны, но я думаю, что съемки интернет- компании были самыми забавными. Другие актеры, с которыми я работал, были в основном комедиантами, так что шутовство было рутиной. Но я веселился все время.

Было ли трудно сниматься рядом с голыми женщинами?
Если честно, во время съемок большинства из этих сцен меня не было рядом, но я немного был там, когда девушки сидели топ-лесс в кофейне, что было довольно странно. То есть, я, конечно же, видел до этого голую девушку, но такую коллекцию – впервые! На самом деле, кто-то из съемочной группы сфотографировал меня и девушек, и эта фотография стала вроде символа фильма.

Какие военные сцены были труднее для тебя как актера, в «Перл Харбор» или «Падение Черного ястреба»? И что ты предпочел?
Если фильм – то «Падение Черного ястреба», потому что когда ты попадаешь в такую ситуацию, я думаю, реальность очень важна. Думаю, что Ридли Скотт сделал прекрасную работу, сняв этот фильм. Мне нравится этот темный, документальный стиль, не так часто выпадает возможность сделать такой фильм. Как актеру, то было намного эффектнее сниматься в «Перл Харбор», потому что мы были на Гавайях, со мной там тогда была моя девушка, и я валялся на пляже с Кэйт Бэкинсэйл, вместо того, чтобы валяться в грязи Марокко с 50 другими парнями. Это был абсолютно не поддающийся сравнению опыт.

На что ты обращаешь внимание, когда выбираешь себе следующий проект?
Я ищу интересных персонажей, сценарий с хорошей и оригинальной историей, и режиссером, которым я бы восторгался.

Какими режиссерами ты восторгаешься?
Ой, не знаю с чего начать, так много всего. Главнее всего согласование времени с режиссером. Иногда они делают фильм не от души, а для популярности или для денег, но я восторгаюсь режиссерами, которые с пристрастием относятся к своим фильмам. Я считаю, что прекрасно сработаюсь со Стивеном Содербергом. Я связался с ним в прошлом году, но он так и не отреагировал, но это его потеря!

Каково было сменить роли с ужасных сражений в «Падении Черного ястреба» на романтическую комедию «40 дней»?
На самом деле, сначала был фильм «ПЧЯ», а потом «40 дней», поэтому это было шоком – перейти от легкой комедии к такой серьезной теме, как  война.  Пройти через это было достаточно проблематично.

Тебе было комфортно играть комическую роль?
Комедия не была для меня легкой. Мне раньше никогда не приходилось этого делать, поэтому это стало действительным испытанием для меня. Мне вполне понравилось и я точно приму участие еще в одной комедии.

В какую роль тебе было труднее всего вжиться?
Наверное, комедия. Я не настоящий комедийный актер, и поначалу было трудно.

Ты используешь актерские методики, ты отказывался от секса для своей ролив «40 дней»?
Да, я дал себе клятву, но это продлилось недолго! Я даже не могу сказать, сколько именно дней, это жалкая цифра.

Каким фильмом ты наиболее гордишься?
«Падение Черного ястреба», потому что на мой взгляд, он рассказывает провокационную историю и он честный. Можно было бы раскрыть обе стороны истории, но я все равно горжусь им. «Девственницы-самоубийцы», потому что считаю, что София Коппола сделала прекрасную работу для дебюта, и «О», я думаю, что это очень талантливое изложение шекспировского «Отелло».

Не упоминаешь «Перл Харбор»?
Да, я горжусь множеством элементов из него, но меня тошнит от разговоров о нем сейчас, поэтому, наверное, он не пришел на ум.

Сегодня больше перевести не успеваю, может, завтра остальное.

Наталка написал(а):

а как же Достоевский?

Не одним Достоевским "сыт" Джош. Не всю же жизнь читать одного писателя. Кстати, ни у кого нет в электронке этой книги? Я месяц назад оббегала все магазины - такого вообще не завозили, пыталась заказать через Нет - только из России, и то нужно ждать (нет на складе).

Наталка написал(а):

значит в " Я пихожу с дождем " он плачет ?

Да, и вообще роль очень насыщена эмоциями. Я трейлеры просмотрела, очень жду фильм, надеюсь, что покажут в кинотеатрах. На большом экране, да на украинском языке...  http://i047.radikal.ru/0803/cf/d7445ab2775a.gif 

Наталка написал(а):

как я его понимаю , я тоже страдаю бессоницей!

Хорошо, если это просто проявление "совы", а если нет - просто ужас. У меня такое было, никому не пожелаю!!!  http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/madhouse/wacko2.gif 

Everydika написал(а):

оооо, спасибо большое!

всегда рада!  http://i047.radikal.ru/0803/8a/8c9a88ee9d8f.gif

tatie написал(а):

Я трейлеры просмотрела, очень жду фильм, надеюсь, что покажут в кинотеатрах. На большом экране, да на украинском языке...

Я тоже очень жду , больше других фильмов , на экранку пойду 100%

tatie написал(а):

Хорошо, если это просто проявление "совы", а если нет

ну я то " Сова " ярко выраженная , мое рабочее время с 14:00 до 24:00 , я готова в это время горы перевернуть ! Хорошо было когда я в Москве была в гостях , у нас 12;00 а в Москве 9;00 , просыпалась выспавшейся , и рано!  http://i032.radikal.ru/0803/c9/c00881cd1f7c.gif

tatie написал(а):

Какую самую ужасную работу тебе приходилось выполнять?
Упаковывать библиотечные книги для отправки в Африку на протяжении лета, когда мне было 17. Это была самая трудная в психологическом плане работа за всю мою жизнь.

Да , Джош и тут библиотеку упоминает))))))))

Наталка написал(а):

Я тоже очень жду , больше других фильмов , на экранку пойду 100%

Все побежим))Вот было бы здорово если  все вместе пошли на экранку, а потом как засели  где нибудь  и  ........ эх))))...мечты...
tatie
Забыла сказать, молодец . здорово переводишь)))  http://i047.radikal.ru/0803/8a/8c9a88ee9d8f.gif

soleil написал(а):

Все побежим))Вот было бы здорово если  все вместе пошли на экранку, а потом как засели  где нибудь  и  ........ эх))))...мечты...

в Москву  на премьеру какого нибудь фильма с личный присутствием Джоша точно пол форума приедет, вопрос только когда он нас этим " личным" порадует!?

Людмила написал(а):

Josh Hartnett   Hollywood Homicide   Interviewed by Alana Lee

Так что там на счет автомобильной аварии, о которой все говорили?
В общем, я разбил одну машину. Я до сих пор настаиваю, что это не была моя вина. Я думаю, что режиссер Рон Шелтон со мной согласится. Харрисон (Форд) толкнул рычаг. Я чуть не убил его, когда он настаивал, что это сделал я.

Каково было сниматься в фильме с Харрисоном?
Харрисон - икона. Было очень приятно познакомиться с ним.

Но каково было с ним работать?
Ну, не так, как кажется на первый взгляд. Раньше мы не были знакомы. Харрисон сразу начал меня оценивать, выясняя как лучше со мной работать, совпадают ли у нас взгляды на вещи. Это заняло длительное время, но, в конечном счете, мы поладили. Хотя существовало напряжение. Я думаю, у него напряженные отношения со всеми молодыми актерами, с которыми он работал.

Расскажи какой-нибудь короткий сюжет об отношениях ваших персонажей?
У нас как бы были отношения отец-сын. Молодой коп, который в действительности старался заслужить одобрение старшего, и старший коп, который вообще не понимал младшего. Они действительно друг друга не понимали. По большому счету это просто недопонимание между разными поколениями.

Ты коп, но так же, как и Харрисон, у тебя есть вторая работа, так?
Да. Персонаж Харрисона занимается недвижимостью, а мой – преподает йогу. Я тренировался примерно 7 месяцев. Я начал за три с половиной месяца до съемок и продолжал во время. Примерно по полтора часа в день. Не так много этого было в фильме, но это помогало мне приходить в себя. Мне нравилась йога. Было весело. Но мне пришлось отказаться от нее сейчас. В данный момент не хватает времени.

Людмила написал(а):

Josh Hartnett   Wicker Park   Interviewed by Stella Papamichael

Это та роль, о которой вы всегда мечтали, и были ли вы изначально выбраны как Мэтью?
Они попросили меня взяться за это несколько лет назад, но я отказался. Они подобрали других исполнителей, был совершенно другой режиссер (Джоэль Шумахер), и меня это совсем не заинтересовало. Когда они вернулись ко мне во второй раз, я сказал: «Я уже отказался. Я не хочу заниматься этим». И тогда они прислали мне кассету режиссера Пола МакГайгана «Гангстер №1», так как в тот момент он взялся за съемки, а я пошел на встречу с ним, и мы поладили. Мне также очень понравился «Гангстер №1». Мне кажется, это действительно очень качественный фильм.

Ты анализировал исполнение своей роли Винсом Касселем в «L'Appartement» до того, как создать свою интерпретацию?
Я смотрел оригинал до съемок нашей версии, но я бы не стал сопоставлять свое исполнение с чьим-либо, потому что имитирование скучно для меня. Поиск эмоциональной реальности – вот что важно для меня, и я считаю, что это приходит извне. После того, как мы начали съемки, я больше не смотрел «L'Appartement».

Кажется, эта версия истории свидетельствует, что истинная любовь может начаться с маниакальной одержимости. Ты согласен?
Я думаю, одержимость и любовь довольно схожи, подобно двум сторонам одной монеты. В одном случае это стоит того, в другом нет, возможно, только в зависимости от того, как на это посмотреть. Но я считаю, что у нас всех есть элементы одержимости в нашей любви, понимаете? Если нет, то убирайтесь! [Смеется] В таком случае, я не знаю – действительно ли это любовь, потому что любовь играет эмоциями. Как сказала Роуз (Байми, которую играет Алекс): «Любовь заставляет вас делать сумасшедшие поступки». Но я не думаю, что этот фильм говорит о том, что любовь обладает тенденциями одержимости, но иногда это так, а иногда нет.

Ты можешь описать свой опыт влюбленности?
В общем, я не Мэтт. Я стремлюсь быть практичнее, когда влюбляюсь. Фактически я даже слегка фаталист, понимаете? Я верю в старую поговорку: «Чем меньше сжимаешь руку, тем крепче держишь». Ты должен позволять человеку иногда уходить и делать то, что ему необходимо. На мой взгляд, так лучше всего.

Ты так же, как и твой персонаж, веришь в любовь с первого взгляда?
Я не знаю. Я верю, что есть искра с первого взгляд, которая может стать началом любви, но я не верю в любовь с первого взгляда.

Ты снова работаешь с Полом МакГайганом над «Счастливым числом Слевина»…
Да. В этом фильме снимаюсь я, а также Бен Кингсли играет там роль. Простите – сэр Бен Кингсли! Мы еще не подобрали весь состав, но мы снимает в Нью-Йорке и это гангстерский фильм, немного похож на сказку, в которой две большие банды живут на противоположных сторонах одной улицы. Когда-то они были одной организацией, но им пришлось разделиться, и теперь ни один из боссов банд не покидает свою крепость. Потом в их жизни приходит этот загадочный молодой парень, который задолжал им большую сумму, и они пытаются использовать его, чтобы подобраться один к другому – и это я. Здесь присутствует ассоциация с Куросавой. Мне нравится это. Я считаю, что это определенно что-то другое, и я собираюсь двигаться в этом направлении.

Сорри, если исковеркала какие-то фамилии, исправляйте, если что... Также не поняла про Куросаву, может был другой смысл.

сПАСИБО ЗА ПЕРЕВОД!

tatie!!!  прям не знаю, что и сказать!!! спасибом уже не отделаюсь))) http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/he_and_she/give_rose.gif   http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/he_and_she/give_rose.gif   http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/he_and_she/give_rose.gif объявляю благодарность!!!
[взломанный сайт]  проси что хочешь :D (только не Джоша)
интервью интересные, так приятно узнавать о Джоше ещё и ещё.....

tatie написал(а):

О какой черте в себе сожалеешь?
Тщеславие.

а ведь не скажешь...

tatie написал(а):

и какая св...чь посмела такое сказать????расстроила  человека

эх...не уложилась)))

tatie написал(а):

Что тебя подавляет?
Если я провожу слишком много времени в одиночестве.

а ведь кажется, что он все время один...друг Сэм в Миннесоте, с "лучшим другом" Хэленкой они пока не встречаются, только сестра рядом  с ним...

tatie написал(а):

Какой твой любимый запах?
Дождь, океан, утренний кофе…

не подойдет? : дождь, море, утренний кофе... http://i049.radikal.ru/0803/d9/780e3da1d856.gif 

tatie написал(а):

Что помогает тебе бодрствовать по ночам?

это  что, профессиональное??? только без таблеток, пожалуйста!!!!

tatie написал(а):

На самом деле, кто-то из съемочной группы сфотографировал меня и девушек, и эта фотография стала вроде символа фильма.

хотела бы такую фотку!!!

tatie написал(а):

со мной там тогда была моя девушка, и я валялся на пляже с Кэйт Бэкинсэйл, вместо того, чтобы валяться в грязи Марокко с 50 другими парнями. Это был абсолютно не поддающийся сравнению опыт.

так это  его Эллен моталась за Джошем на съемки?

tatie написал(а):

Я даже не могу сказать, сколько именно дней, это жалкая цифра.

самокритичный))))

Спасибо, Танечка, большое!!! Молодец!  http://i032.radikal.ru/0803/10/52db2316bd13.gif 

Людмила написал(а):

объявляю благодарность!!!

АналогичЬно!!!  :yep:

tatie написал(а):

Подумаешь!!!

tatie написал(а):

Перед кем ты бы хотел извиниться и почему?
Моими агентами: они бы могли заработать гораздо больше денег на ком-нибудь другом!

Ха-ха!!! Да блокбастеры - не конёк Джошика...

tatie написал(а):

Когда ты был ближе всего к смерти?
Когда я в 16 лет учился водить. Была зима и дороги покрылись льдом, я соскользнул на встречную полосу. Я избежал столкновения с машиной и ударился в столб.

Ой!!!  http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/swoon.gif 

tatie написал(а):

Расскажи шутку?
Сколько мух нужно, чтобы вкрутить лампочку? Две.

Че то я не врубаюсь...  :huh:

soleil написал(а):

Да , Джош и тут библиотеку упоминает))))))))

гыгы...  :D

tatie написал(а):

Да. Персонаж Харрисона занимается недвижимостью, а мой – преподает йогу. Я тренировался примерно 7 месяцев. Я начал за три с половиной месяца до съемок и продолжал во время. Примерно по полтора часа в день. Не так много этого было в фильме, но это помогало мне приходить в себя. Мне нравилась йога. Было весело. Но мне пришлось отказаться от нее сейчас. В данный момент не хватает времени.

Ну и напрасно!!! Такой кайф!  :love: Йога- это весчь...

tatie написал(а):

Ты используешь актерские методики, ты отказывался от секса для своей ролив «40 дней»?
Да, я дал себе клятву, но это продлилось недолго! Я даже не могу сказать, сколько именно дней, это жалкая цифра.

Жалкая цифра?  :D интересно-интересно...

не дочитала)))

tatie написал(а):

Харрисон (Форд) толкнул рычаг. Я чуть не убил его, когда он настаивал, что это сделал я.

tatie написал(а):

Я думаю, у него напряженные отношения со всеми молодыми актерами, с которыми он работал.

вредный дядька, этот Форд, оказывается :D

tatie написал(а):

Я стремлюсь быть практичнее, когда влюбляюсь. Фактически я даже слегка фаталист, понимаете? Я верю в старую поговорку: «Чем меньше сжимаешь руку, тем крепче держишь». Ты должен позволять человеку иногда уходить и делать то, что ему необходимо. На мой взгляд, так лучше всего.

Что он имеет в виду под практичностью в любви? непонятно...  поговорка мне очень нравится, никогда не слышала такой.
"позволять уходить и делать все что необходимо???"это как? куда уходить?и что делать?  o.O  и по отношению к кому эти слова? к нему или к  подруге?

Людмила написал(а):

проси что хочешь  (только не Джоша)

ну хоть лизнуть дадите?      :blush:    :P    :D

Людмила написал(а):

и какая св...чь посмела такое сказать????

по-моему, Скарлетт, после того, как расстались, в каком-то интервью вроде бы говорила, что Джош не очень сексуален. Это он про нее мог вспомнить. "Обидно, понимаешь, да?!" (с)

Miaow написал(а):

Подумаешь!!!

Вообще, можно также было перевести так: "Что я не достоин любви". Но это вообще страшно. Больным нужно быть, чтобы такое сказать. И я выбрала "непривлекательный".

Miaow написал(а):

Че то я не врубаюсь...

Во-во. Я тоже не особо поняла его юмор. Может, напортачила с переводом...  :dontknow:

Людмила написал(а):

"позволять уходить и делать все что необходимо???"это как? куда уходить?и что делать?

многие просто запрещают своим половинкам общаться с другими людьми, делать различные вещи (ходить куда-то, например)... Вот и начинаешь "задыхаться" от такой любви. Джош против такого!  :)

tatie написал(а):

ну хоть лизнуть дадите?

Если мы его заполучим, уверена, это будет общее пиршество http://i049.radikal.ru/0803/d9/780e3da1d856.gif 

tatie написал(а):

Скарлетт говорила, что Джош не очень сексуален. Это он про нее мог вспомнить

надеюсь, он больше не будет её вспоминать!!!

tatie написал(а):

"Что я не достоин любви". Но это вообще страшно. Больным нужно быть, чтобы такое сказать. И я выбрала "непривлекательный".

и правильно

tatie написал(а):

многие просто запрещают своим половинкам общаться с другими людьми, делать различные вещи (ходить куда-то, например)... Вот и начинаешь "задыхаться" от такой любви. Джош против такого!

понятно... с этим я согласна на все сто, даже больше :)

tatie написал(а):

В общем, я разбил одну машину. Я до сих пор настаиваю, что это не была моя вина. Я думаю, что режиссер Рон Шелтон со мной согласится. Харрисон (Форд) толкнул рычаг. Я чуть не убил его, когда он настаивал, что это сделал я.

всегда мне Форд не нравился! не зря, видимо  :angry:

tatie написал(а):

Они подобрали других исполнителей, был совершенно другой режиссер (Джоэль Шумахер), и меня это совсем не заинтересовало.

чего??? отказался??? и от Джоеля Шумахера??? Ну Джош дал  o.O хорошо хоть МакГигана одобрил)))

tatie написал(а):

Я верю в старую поговорку: «Чем меньше сжимаешь руку, тем крепче держишь».

хорошая поговорка.... я полностью с ней согласна!

Вы здесь » Josh Hartnett Forum » Новости. News » Интервью с Джошем / Josh Hartnett: I’m really just a regular guy