Josh Hartnett Forum

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Josh Hartnett Forum » Фильмы. Movies » Страшные сказки 3-й сезон / Penny Dreadful Season 3

Страшные сказки 3-й сезон / Penny Dreadful Season 3

Сообщений 151 страница 169 из 169

«Ужасы по дешевке»: Ева Грин о сдавшейся Ванессе

Ева Грин рассказывает о том, что ее героиня Ванесса Айвз все-таки попала в сети Дракулы, похоже, что Дракула загипнотизировал ее!

Ссылка

«Ужасы по дешевке»: Рив Карни о разочаровании Дориана Грея

В небольшом видеоинтервью Рив Карни рассказывает о том, что его герой, Дориан Грей, в последних сериях третьего сезона сериала «Ужасы по дешевке» («Penny Dreadful») глубоко разочаровался в Лили.

Дориан видел в Лили ровню себе — бессмертную подругу, а теперь она видит себя выше его.

Ссылка

«Ужасы по дешевке»: поцелуй Ванессы в 7 серии 3 сезона

В новом закулисном видео актеры сериала «Ужасы по дешевке» («Penny Dreadful») Ева Грин и Кристиан Камарго рассказывают о том, как снимали их специфический поцелуй в 7 серии 3 сезона.

Ссылка

Penny Dreadful | 'The Creatures of the Night' Official Clip | Season 3 Episode 8

‘Penny Dreadful’: ‘Ebb Tide’ Truly Turns Tide Of Third Sea….son
by Joey Click
With three episodes left in its third season, Showtime’s ‘Penny Dreadful’ offers an episode that is as slow as it is fast. It’s time to ride the ‘Ebb TIde’
The following review of Ebb Tide is spoiler free. You be fine to turn down the lights and read before seeing the latest outing.
THE REVIEW:

Oh Penny Dreadful, your third season is coming to an end soon. You’ve given us great narrative fruits , and you’ve given us salty snacks of storytelling this season. With Ebb Tide, the seventh episode of the Gothic series’ current season, we get a little bit of both to visually chew on.

What doesn’t work, unless character-driven storytelling is your thing, is all the hoping from one character to the next, each with their almost separate story line. The Monster does meet up with Vanessa, which flirts with the plot-driven aspects of Dreadful, but the rest of his journey in Ebb Tide is in service of character. We also get more of Dorian Grey’s situation. In fact, basically every character in the Penny Dreadful universe is getting some serious time here.[/pullquote]

So, with some many different stories going on a once, what does Ebb Tide do right? I’m glad you asked.

What works really well in Dreadful’s newest episode is its insistence on connecting story threads to each other. This takes character-driven stuff and causes it to be plot-driven. The Chandler, Ives, and Dr.Sweet stories begin to mold together, and through this, we get some story suspense and momentum. The excitement has never been higher for this season because of this, and Fright Fans, it’s going to be epic.

The same with the Grey, Hyde, and Frankenstein stories as well. These threads are more connected than ever, and this helps to eliminate clutter from the story and become more focused.
The acting is also great, as has come to be expected, in Penny Dreadful’s latest. While many performers stand out, Reeve Carney, who plays Dorian Gray, steals Ebb Tide with a scene that is both chilling and entertaining. While Gray’s story has been one of the least interesting threads this season, Ebb Tide really ups the Gray Factor. Call it 50 Shades of Gray…yeah I went there.

As for the direction, we get some visual delights in in Ebb Tide. Directed by Paco Cabezas, who also led Penny Dreadful’s last two outings, This World Is Our Hell and No Beast So Fierce, really brings the cinematic goods with his most recent outing.

The great direction in Ebb Tide includes, but isn’t limited to: an amazing establishing shot that is above the standard , great camera work in first Ethan scene (after great establishing shot), and an awesome pull back featuring Dorian Gray at the head of the table where the legion of “self-imposed” man haters now sit. I’m sure there’re a few other examples, but I was tired when watching so I may have slipped. Sorry Fright Fans.

So, Will Dracula finally make his play for Ives’ heart and obedience? Will Ethan Chandler help and be of service after the death of his father? Will Dorian Grey take back control of his situation? You’ll have to head over to Showtime to find out Soldiers of Springwood.
THE VERDICT:

Paco Cabezas’ Ebb Tide is a solid episode of Showtime’s Penny Dreadful. In the midst of closing out its third season, Ebb Tide ultimately tightens the narrative while letting a lot of characters get their just do. If you’re a fan of Dreadful, this will be one of your favorite episodes this season. Now go catch it, before it gets dark.
THE GRADE: A-

Check out a preview of next week’s episode, Perpetual Night, courtesy of Showtime:

Ссылка

И еще одна публикация:

Penny Dreadful Recap: Does Dracula Make a Good Boyfriend?

«Ужасы по дешевке»: синопсис 9 серии 3 сезона

Канал Showtime поделился синопсисом (кратким содержанием) финальной, 9 серии 3 сезона сериала «Ужасы по дешевке» («Penny Dreadful»). Напомню, двухчасовой финал (8 и 9 серии) будут показаны уже в это воскресенье в США. Мы сможем узнать, чем закончился 3 сезон «Penny Dreadful» утром, 20 июня 2016 г.

Скрытый текст

9 серия 3 сезон «Благословенная Тьма»

Итан узнает шокирующую правду о Каитаней. Доктор Сюард гипнотизирует Ренфилда. Создание принимает нравственное решение, а сэр Малкольм в компании Итана, Каитаней, доктора Сюард и Катрионы направляются на битву за спасение Ванессы.

Ссылка

«Ужасы по дешевке»: новый синопсис финала 3 сезона

Канал Showtime немного расширил синопсис (краткое содержание) 8 и 9 серий 3 сезона сериала «Ужасы по дешевке» («Penny Dreadful»).

Подробности читайте под спойлером.

Свернутый текст

Итан, сэр Малкольм и Каитаней возвращаются в Лондон. Доктор Сюард узнает секрет Ренфилда. Тем временем, Итан направляется на поиски доктора Франкенштейна, а Лили рассказывает душераздирающую историю из прошлого Броны Крофт.

Ссылка

TOMORROW, a fog rolls in. The #PennyDreadful two episode season finale event starts at 9pm ET/PT.

http://s2.uploads.ru/t/tC073.jpg

Я посмотрела заключительные 8 и 9 серию. Грустно, что все закончилось... Финал сильный, история сезона не разочаровала, заключительные серии смотрела на одном дыхании, столько информации и событий, что хватит ещё на пару сезонов! Пока наши издатели молчат по поводу продления сезона, мечтать не вредно. Некоторые сюжетные линии ушли безвозвратно, увы, но как не хочется расставаться с героями "Страшных сказок!

Сегодня очень печальный день. Закончился третий сезон "Страшных сказок" Закончился сериал "Страшные сказки" Джош Логан дал интервью, в котором рассказал, что история закончена, что третий сезон стал последним и что он благодарен всем актерам, команде, благодарен зрителям и поклонникам сериала, и что всегда рассматривал историю Ванессы Айвз и компании, как 3 отдельных сезона.  :'(

Penny Dreadful’ Ends After 3 Seasons, Series Creator & Showtime Boss Confirm

by Dominic Patten
June 20, 2016

'Penny Dreadful' Declares 'The End' As [SPOILER] Dies In Season 3 Finale

Like the credit at the conclusion of last night’s Season 3 finale said, “The End” has truly come for Penny Dreadful the series. “I can absolutely confirm it is really over, the end — that’s all she wrote,” says John Logan, the creator of Emmy nominated show centered on a group of iconic 19th century supernatural misfits.

The Oscar-nominated Gladiator and Skyfall writer’s Showtime saga closed last night’s two-hour finale with Eva Green’s Vanessa Ives character shot dead by Josh Hartnett’s Ethan Chandler, the sometimes werewolf who has long loved her, to save London and the world from Dracula, his night creatures and the end of days. After the burial of Ives amidst a reading of William Wordsworth’s poem Intimations Of Immortality by Rory Kinnear’s Creature, the screen went to the words “The End,” spurring speculation among the show’s dedicated fan base of a greater closure.

And that day has now come, as Logan and Showtime boss David Nevins told me. You can watch a video below) of the last days with Logan, Green, Hartnett and more discussing the end of the show.

As for Logan and Nevins, they explained to me how they decided it was time to end Penny Dreadful and, never saying never, whether it could return in some form or another down the line. They also revealed a bit of where Logan is with his adaptation with Patti Smith of Just Kids, her 2010 bestselling memoir of New York City in the 1970s. The book and the forthcoming limited series focuses on the singer/poet’s close relationship with Robert Mapplethorpe, the acclaimed photographer who, among many other works, shot the classic portrait of Smith for her 1975 debut Horses album.

DEADLINE: So, Vanessa Ives is dead, but does that mean Penny Dreadful is truly over?

LOGAN: I can absolutely confirm it is really over, the end, that’s all she wrote. The whole idea to have this be the end of the series applies to all of the characters not just for Vanessa Ives and I felt the ending was for Malcolm and Ethan was Ethan got the father that he wanted and Sir Malcolm got the family he needed and together they came to a nice thing of stasis.

Some poems are meant to be haikus and some are meant to be sonnets and some are meant to be enormous epics, and this was always meant to be a sonnet. It was something of grace and beauty. I think we’ve been able to achieve that in a really masterful way with the artists that I work with, everyone’s work. I think this is the right ending so for me to revisit that world again would seem inorganic, I think.

NEVINS:
At the same time, this is a show that’s going to live on and it’s going to live on streaming platforms. It’s going to be on Showtime. You can watch it whenever you want and I think it will continue to be re-watched and also discovered for the first time over the course of the next 10 years.

DEADLINE: John, with the work you are now doing on adapting Patti Smith’s Just Kids for Showtime, was part of ending Penny Dreadful now about refocusing your priorities in the channel’s pantheon? Could we see a revisited Penny Dreadful sometime down the line?

LOGAN: Well Showtime is my TV home. This is where I started and I think this is where I want to continue working. So, I’ll tell you if David Nevins comes to me in five years and says “hey remember Penny Dreadful? What are your thoughts?’ I would happily engage the conversation.

NEVINS: I’m always happy to speculate, there is no this is done. I’m always happy to speculate; I feel like it is a rich world that I think will live on for a very long time.

DEADLINE:
So it’s over but you guys are willing to talk about it later?

NEVINS: Yeah. Who knows? I’m always willing to talk about anything.

DEADLINE: John, you told me back in 2014 that you had charted Penny Dreadful up to three seasons, but did you always plan on this being over after three seasons?

LOGAN: For me artistically, it was sort of middle of the second season, so about two years ago when I was planning out the third season I realized where it was heading, because at its core for me the show has always been a woman grappling with her faith and at the end of the second season Vanessa stepped away from Catholicism, from religion, and so the third season had to be for me about her clawing her way back to God.

DEADLINE: David, how did John break the news to you?

NEVINS: John laid it out for me as he was pitching Season 3. He came in, maybe a little bit less than a year ago, and he said I feel like this needs to be the end of Vanessa Ives, and if it’s the end of Vanessa Ives then it’s the end of Penny Dreadful. I went through a short period of sort of, “Are you sure you want to do this? What about continuing on?” In a very short amount of time he persuaded me that this was the bold choice to make and you listen to your creators. Then it just became a question of how do we handle that information.

DEADLINE: You mean how you would reveal the end?

NEVINS: Yes, do we do the traditional thing which would be as we’re launching Season 3 announce this is the final season of Penny Dreadful? That’s what the traditional playbook would say. I feel like every show kind of has its own rules and its own rhythms and to say that, given what I knew the ending of Penny Dreadful was going to be felt like a massive spoiler and it felt disrespectful to the experience that people were having with the show.

I knew it’s going to be very emotional and I imagined Sunday to be even somewhat traumatic because people have a very deep emotional connection to these characters, but it seemed like why should we spoil that? Why should we sort of lessen the blow? Because that’s what TV and certainly good storytelling is about — creating an emotional experience. So it’s going to end with a card that says the end and let people live in that experience and then we explain that on Monday morning.

LOGAN: I support fully what David’s saying but for me from a slightly different perspective which is really entirely to do with the fans. Because I’ve done two Bond films. I’ve done a lot of big films, but the fans of Penny Dreadful are very passionate and they feel an intimate connection with these characters. What I hear from them frequently, both at Comic-Con and just sort of on the street, is they love the theatricality of the show that we’re not afraid to make the bold gesture.

That’s what the ending of this series is, it is meant to be a strong, bold, theatrical ending because I think that’s what our fans like and to water that down with an announcement or having them know I think would be an act of bad faith.

NEVINS: You know what would be great?

DEADLINE:
What?

NEVINS:
If we got John to visit maybe downtown New York 1970. That would be awesome.

LOGAN: (laughs) I’d love to do that. That’s the other thing I tell people. I say like you know what? With all respect to Vanessa Ives and Ethan Chandler, I’m really happy at spending a little time in the Chelsea Hotel with Patti Smith.

DEADLINE: So what is the status of Just Kids right now?

LOGAN: Deep in writing. The process is being very hand in glove in with Patti. We’re very old friends. We’re very tight so we spent weeks and weeks and weeks taking it apart and putting it back together and forming it into a dramatic beast. It’s a beautiful book and it must become a different animal to become a work of drama. We’re working on that process and we are writing away as I speak.

DEADLINE: David, how do you think Penny Dreadful fans are going to react to not just the death of Vanessa Ives but the end of the show?

NEVINS: I think they’re going to go through the same stages of grief that I went through when I first heard it. You’re upset. You feel emotional. You have a sense of bereft. I love that show. But hopefully you come through it and you realize you know that was incredibly satisfying, even uplifting — 27 episodes, 27 hours was the right amount of time to tell this story.

No Comments
_____________________________________________________________________________________
электронный перевод, выдержки из текста

Страшные сказки заканчиваются после 3 сезонов

SPOILER : Эта история содержит подробную информацию о прошлой ночи Сезон 3 финала.

СРОК: Так, Ванесса Айвз мертв, но значит ли это, что Пенни Страшная действительно закончилась?

LOGAN: Я могу абсолютно подтвердить, что это действительно закончилось, конец, это все, что она написала. Вся идея иметь это будет конец серии относится ко всем из персонажей не только для Ванесса Ives, и я чувствовал, что конец был для Malcolm и Этан Этан получил отец, что он хотел, и сэр Малкольм получил семью он нуждался и вместе они пришли к хорошая вещь стаза.

Некоторые стихи призваны быть Хайку и некоторые из них предназначены, чтобы быть сонеты и некоторые из них предназначены, чтобы быть огромные эпопеи, и это всегда должно было быть сонет. Это было что-то благодати и красоты. Я думаю, что мы смогли добиться того, что в действительно мастерском образом с художниками, которые я работаю, работа каждого. Я думаю, что это правильное окончание так что для меня, чтобы вернуться в этот мир снова казалось бы неорганическое, я думаю.

СРОК: Джон, ты сказал мне еще в 2014 году, что ты наметил Пенни кошмарные до трех сезонов, но вы всегда планировать на это время более чем через три года?

LOGAN: Для меня художественно, это был своего рода середине второго сезона, так что около двух лет назад, когда я планировал из третьего сезона я понял, где он направлялся, потому что по своей сути для меня шоу всегда была женщина борется с ее верой и в конце второго сезона Ванесса отошла от католицизма, от религии, и поэтому третий сезон должен был быть для меня про нее царапать свой путь обратно к Богу.

КРАЙНИЙ: Дэвид, как же Джон разорвать новости для вас?

Невинс: Джон положил его для меня, как он был качки Сезон 3. Он пришел, может быть, немного меньше, чем год назад, и он сказал, что я чувствую, как это должно быть в конце Ванесса Ives, и если это конец Ванесса Ives, то это конец Пенни кошмарное. Я прошел через короткий период своего рода, "Вы уверены, что хотите это сделать? А как насчет продолжения дальше? "В очень короткий промежуток времени, он убедил меня, что это был смелый выбор, чтобы сделать, и вы слушаете ваших создателей. Тогда он просто стал вопрос о том, как мы обращаемся с этой информацией.

ПОСЛЕДНИЙ СРОК: Вы имеете в виду, как бы вы раскрыть конец?

Невинс: Да, мы делаем традиционную вещь, которая была бы, как мы запускаем 3 сезон объявить это заключительный сезон Пенни ужасном? Это то, что традиционная схема игры сказал бы. Я чувствую, что каждый показывает вид имеет свои собственные правила и свои собственные ритмы и сказать, что, учитывая то, что я знал, что окончание Пенни Страшная собирался ощущаться как массивный спойлер и он чувствовал себя неуважительно по отношению к опыту, что люди возникли с шоу.

Я знал, что это будет очень эмоциональным, и я представил себе воскресенье быть даже несколько травмирующим, потому что люди имеют очень глубокую эмоциональную связь с этими персонажами, но казалось, почему мы должны испортить это? Почему мы должны как бы уменьшить удар? Потому что это то, что телевидение и, конечно, хороший рассказ о - создавая эмоциональный опыт. Так что он собирается закончить с картой, которая говорит конец, и пусть люди живут в этом опыте, а затем мы объясняем, что в понедельник утром.

LOGAN: Я полностью, что Дэвид говорил, но для меня поддерживают с несколько иной точки зрения, которая действительно полностью делать с болельщиками. Потому что я сделал два фильма о Бонде. Я сделал много больших фильмов, но фанаты Penny кошмарные очень страстны и они чувствуют тесную связь с этими символами. То, что я слышу от них часто, как на Comic-Con и только вид на улицы, они любят театральность шоу, что мы не боимся, чтобы сделать смелый жест.

Вот что окончание этой серии, она предназначается, чтобы быть сильным, смелым, театральное окончание, потому что я думаю, что это то, что наши болельщики, как и к воде, что вниз с объявлением или иметь их знаю, я думаю, было бы актом недобросовестно ,

КРАЙНИЙ: Дэвид, как вы думаете, Пенни Dreadful поклонники собираются реагировать на не только смерти Ванесса Ives, но в конце шоу?

Невинс: Я думаю, что они собираются пройти через те же стадии горя, что я прошел, когда я впервые услышал его. Ты расстроен. Вы чувствуете эмоциональный. У вас есть чувство лишенная. Я люблю это шоу. Но, надеюсь, вы приходите через него, и вы понимаете, что вы знаете, что было невероятно удовлетворение, даже поднимает настроение - 27 эпизодов, 27 часов было нужное количество времени, чтобы рассказать эту историю.

Без комментариев

Ссылка

Penny Dreadful | Behind The Scenes: One Second a Day | Season 3

Get a look back at the third season of Penny Dreadful with this mashup, featuring a quick behind the scenes shot from each day of filming, from August 31, 2015 to February 11, 2016. Starring Eva Green, Josh Hartnett, and Timothy Dalton.

Интервью с Paco Cabezas:
Paco Cabezas: "La clave era no hacer de 'Penny Dreadful' un pastiche"

Ссылка

Крис Кинг о финале
Latest From Chris King on PENNY DREADFUL Season Finale Read more at Latest From Chris King on PENNY DREADFUL Season Finale

Ссылка

9 нерешенных вопросов
Penny Dreadful: 9 Unresolved Questions We Need Answered!!!!

Ссылка

http://s7.uploads.ru/t/bcH94.jpg

Я уже не грущу о том, что сериал закончился... Я просто ужасно зла!!!  :mad: http://forumstatic.ru/files/0000/0e/cb/70072.gif http://forumstatic.ru/files/0000/0e/cb/80924.gif http://forumstatic.ru/files/0000/0e/cb/83146.gif http://forumstatic.ru/files/0000/0e/cb/88640.gif http://hartnettjosh.org/sml/diablo.gif http://hartnettjosh.org/sml/threaten.gif

The Real Problem With PENNY DREADFUL’s Abrupt Ending Read more at The Real Problem With PENNY DREADFUL’s Abrupt Ending
http://sa.uploads.ru/t/cOvdl.jpg

Over a week later it’s still unclear whether or not Penny Dreadful went out as a passionate fire or a doused flame. After Showtime aired its dramatic and emotional two hour season finale, fans found themselves in a weird and confusing place. Upon watching main character Vanessa Ives cave to the darkness of death, they were presented with one final image: an oddly eerie “The End” title card. While many understood the episode to be a season ender, it appeared as if the brilliant series about the ultimate battle between good and evil — and the popular characters of horror literature that found themselves in the middle of it — was over. But that simply, didn’t, or rather couldn’t, make sense. Fans were left scratching their heads the night of Sunday, June 19 before waking up the following morning to learn the inconceivable truth. Without giving any warning that the episode would in fact be the series’ end, Penny Dreadful had once and for all concluded its run. The mass realization that season three’s final moments were actually the series’ finale sent fans into an emotional tizzy, earning the show and its creator John Logan some backlash and ire. It’s easy to see how the series’ sudden evaporation would leave a particular ache in viewers’ hearts. Penny Dreadful was in so many ways a gem among TV’s smorgasbord of dramatic, genre offerings. An unadulterated mashup of adapted drama, historical fiction and horror, the Showtime series was trailblazing in its cinematic scope and in the talent of its star-studded cast. More importantly, it remained innately and intimately character driven in spite of its massive, rich universe. To put it simply, the show was a true example of how to use big screen principles to make a small screen masterpiece. So after three years of critical praise and fan adoration, it shouldn’t come as a shock that the decision to end things so abruptly (along with the death of Eva Green’s Vanessa Ives), felt to so many like a betrayal, especially after seasons of loyalty. But despite many fans’ searing bitterness over what they deemed a calculated deception, narrative betrayal isn’t inherently bad. A story betraying its viewers or its characters has in many instances led to some of TV’s best character developments and plot twists. The problem is that Logan betrayed the wrong thing. There are plenty of television show deaths that still haunt me. Character kills like Firefly’s Hoban ‘Wash’ Washburne and True Blood’s Tara Thorton have left a specific kind of black mark on my TV loving heart. The odd truth is, we let ourselves feel so strongly for characters that their existence begins to feel real. Through that sudden tangibility, we become emotionally connected to them. Jarring deaths don’t just happen to characters either. Back in 2000, the NBC cult classic Freaks and Geeks disappeared from television in the dead of night. Only a year later the young, burgeoning nerd inside me was forced to say goodbye to Joss Whedon’s epic sci-fi western Firefly. Then there was the still head scratching 2011 The Secret Circle incident on The CW and Syfy network’s casual announcement during a mid-season episode teaser that there were only six episodes left before the end of Being Human in 2014. Despite our own losses, it’s important to acknowledge that not every TV death is a great injustice. Sometimes actors just want out of their contracts. Sometimes networks have to make monetary concessions. As painful as it is to acknowledge, a TV death is not always within reasonable control of either the production team or the network itself. Part of that is a result of the vampiric relationship between advertisers and shows. One where the objective business of TV is the primary fuel for the subjective art of telling stories. Another part is the continuous threat of evolving viewing methods and their impact on traditional TV show ratings. The final piece to the complicated puzzle is directly influenced by both of the previous. Genres like horror, sci-fi and fantasy require a lot of imagination and a lot of money to bring to life. If the ratings aren’t there, that puts it directly in the line of fire for cancellation. However, in the case of Penny Dreadful, none of that applied. The critically acclaimed drama ended because Logan believed the story had come to its natural conclusion. “Some poems are meant to be haikus and some are meant to be sonnets and some are meant to be enormous epics, and this was always meant to be a sonnet,” said Logan in a post-finale interview with Deadline. There has never been anything wrong with shows ending on their own terms, and it’s refreshing and commendable to see a creator who thinks both carefully and realistically about the organic, creative longevity of their story. In a world of cable television episode orders, volatile ratings and heavily serialized storytelling, a targeted three seasons can be a shining example of TV’s changing preference towards producing good stories over lining pockets. There really is something to be said for going out on top instead of sucking your story dry. But that isn’t, in the end, what happened with Penny Dreadful. Maybe it’s because I’ve experienced so much “gone too soon” heartbreak. Or it could be that I’m just one of those viewers who has rarely gotten the chance to say goodbye to a story on my own terms. But even with a viewership that is increasingly aware and accepting of TV’s temperamental nature, it’s hard to conceive how a creator would believe that staying hush on the death of their show — not to mention its main character — until after its literal end would somehow do the show or its fans justice. Fan justice is a complicated concept that shouldn’t be confused with fan service. Service is about giving fans exactly what they want, while justice is about staying unflinchingly faithful to a show’s continuity and world building. Not just out of respect to the narrative, but also to those who know it as well as or maybe even better than those who make it. While this seems like a general best practice, not everyone is of the mind that a show should or needs to do this. Fans watch, interact with and consume it, but they have no hand in making the story’s wheels turn or constructing the universe. The line of thinking is that we did not build Logan’s beautiful creatures, so ultimately it is not our story. Nevertheless, during that Deadline interview, Logan and Showtime president David Nevins both make a point to acknowledge they partly prioritized fan feelings when deciding how to end the show. At one point, they call Penny Dreadful viewers passionate and admit that they know the characters emotionally move people. This means that Vanessa’s final act and the show’s last sequence belonged to viewers as much as to those that conceived it. This is why their ultimate choice to package and deliver the finale as they did feels so wrong. For all the care Logan and Nevins argue they had for the world, its characters, and its audience, it’s hard to believe Logan thought telling fans they were losing their favorite show was an “act of bad faith,” as he called it. Perhaps it’s from having a long history in film that he missed this, but TV has never smiled kindly on those who fail to allow their fans the chance to be painfully and wholly present until the show’s very end. Countless save our show campaigns and even entire show revivals illustrate people’s inability to let go of never getting proper closure. The reality is, people like to say goodbye. People want to be able to carry out the grieving process, regardless of how painful it is. Logan and Nevin were able to grieve. They had been grieving since season two when Logan realized his story was coming to an end. Fans, on the other hand, were denied the ability to treasure every moment they had left with it because “the blow” was more important, according to Nevins. “I knew it was going to be very emotional and I imagined Sunday to be even somewhat traumatic because people have a very deep emotional connection to these characters, but it seemed like why should we spoil that?” Nevins told Deadline. “Why should we sort of lessen the blow? Because that’s what TV and certainly good storytelling is about — creating an emotional experience. So it’s going to end with a card that says ‘the end’ and let people live in that experience and then we explain that on Monday morning.” Whether Nevins realizes it, he’s just spelled out Penny Dreadful’s actual betrayal. In spite of any other organic creative intentions, in the end, the show died in the name of shock value. The biggest plot twist in series’ history rested on how they chose to deliver the emotional experience of saying goodbye. And it was a choice that artistically prioritized stirring up emotions and garnering post-finale hype instead of letting fans honor characters and their final journeys. Now I’m only left to wonder how, outside of being doubly devastating, that choice leaves Penny Dreadful with the “strong, bold, theatrical ending” Logan believed he delivered. How does that ending solidify Penny Dreadful’s legacy as a pioneer in cinematic storytelling and a “theatricality” fans love when it’s just doing the same thing every other show is? Logan believed that letting his story go with a “gotcha!” was a subversion of traditional TV storytelling that fans would like. What he did was betray his loyal audience and the most traditional expectations of the medium over the better betrayal of a tiring industry behavior. What fans got was not a goodbye. It was not a chance to live in the moment of the show with its characters. Penny Dreadful disappeared. It evaporated. It ended in a flurry and haze of what-ifs and maybes. Even worse, for those who pay no mind to online Deadline interviews, it hasn’t ended at all. Those poor souls will be waiting for the next season announcement until someone is kind enough to break the news to them. Penny Dreadful for all of its creative groundbreaking has become another example of a show remembered more for a marketing choice than its story. More for its desire to be creatively cunning than to be loyal to its emotional gravity. Penny Dreadful is a story that will be remembered not for a brave willingness to not stretch itself beyond its creative means, but for a botched acknowledgment of its end.

Ссылка

Столь поспешное завершение сериала не поддается пониманию, аргументы о финале Джона Логана и К не выдерживают критики, доводы продюсеров не убедительны и сейчас ясно только одно. Поклонников Penny Dreadful жестко кинули, чтобы Логан мог заниматься новым проектом. Как это удобно- новый сериал, новые поклонники...  Увы, это будет уже без меня.
Showtime- Adieu!

Обзор публикаций за последние дни:

'Penny Dreadful' News & Update: Vanessa Ives' Farewell In Finale Song? 'A Prayer,' A Valentine For Fans?

A Letter to John Logan, Creator of PENNY DREADFUL, From His Fans:

Penny Dreadful Wasn’t Supposed to End This Way

Classic characters such as Dracula, Dr. Frankenstein, and Dorian Gray all rub elbows on Penny Dreadful, a sexy and visually arresting Showtime series that recently wrapped its third and final season. Film critic Theresa DeLucci loves the show, but says that she was very disappointed with the finale.

“I know that John Logan, the creator of Penny Dreadful, says this was always his design to have it end the way it did, but it really did not come across that way,” DeLucci says in Episode 210 of the Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy podcast. “It felt very rushed.”

Author Christie Yant is also skeptical that the show ended according to plan. She notes that key relationships, such as the one between Ethan Chandler (Josh Hartnett) and Brona Croft (Billie Piper), were never properly resolved.

“There are so many threads that they kicked off, even in Season 1, that they never even remotely came back to, and I have so many unanswered questions,” she says. “The last two episodes were so disappointing to me. I was not at all happy with the way it wrapped up.”

DeLucci thinks it’s more likely that weak ratings forced Penny Dreadful into an unceremoniously brisk conclusion. She says the show never seemed to get much buzz, but that she definitely did her part to help spread the word.

“It became a matter of going to all my horror-loving friends, particularly women, and being like, ‘No, you have to watch this show. Give it a chance. You’ll love it,'” she says. “And now this week they’ve all been really mad that I got them watching another show that—once again—got canceled.”

WIRED culture editor Angela Watercutter was also disappointed with the finale, but says that she’ll dearly miss the show. That sense of loss is oddly appropriate given that Penny Dreadful is so concerned with mourning and loneliness.

“I’m definitely going to have that Penny Dreadful-shaped hole in my heart for a while,” she says. “Which is probably what Penny Dreadful would have wanted for me, so I guess in that regard it ended as it should have.”

Listen to our complete interview with Theresa DeLucci, Christie Yant, and Angela Watercutter in Episode 210 of Geek’s Guide to the Galaxy (above). And check out some highlights from the discussion below.

Christie Yant on representation:

“I was really excited about [Dr. Jekyll] as an addition, and I really felt that maybe they were going to go in a direction of redeeming themselves for a very particular sin that they had committed in Seasons 1 and 2, and that is the sin of killing off every minority character that they have. … It was like, ‘Well, you did something right guys, you put them in, but then you killed them off.’ … How do they not know [that this isn’t OK?] … I think Hollywood is still trying to catch up to a lot of the things that we have learned in prose fiction and comics—in literature, I guess. We’re not willing to perpetrate those tropes any more, but it seems like they’re still catching up.”

Theresa DeLucci on Penny Dreadful’s feminism:

“One of the things I loved about the show the most is just how madcap and over-the-top it was. ‘Let’s listen to the bride of Frankenstein have this terrific monologue about female agency.’ I’m on a lot of podcasts about Game of Thrones and other shows, and I feel like I’m kind of brought in to talk about the feminist perspective, or how the women are handled, and I think Penny Dreadful is legit and out-in-the-open—more than almost any other show that’s been on TV in a long time—about female agency, and women, and fear of women in power. So I can talk about this stuff and not have it be like, ‘Oh, you’re just seeing stuff that isn’t there,’ or ‘Why are you always calling out the feminist things?’ It’s so obvious in Penny Dreadful.”

Theresa DeLucci on Catriona Hartdegen:

“I kind of hated her. … I did like her introduction—this researcher into death—and I liked her with Vanessa, but the more she hung out it was like, ‘Oh, she’s great at everything.’ She was such a Mary Sue kind of character, where she learns all these languages, and she fights with karate, and she wears pants and has short hair. … It reminded me of Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, that kind of thing. It was too anachronistic for me. … It felt like they [wanted] to introduce a character who could physically protect Vanessa, because Vanessa wasn’t a fighter like that, but Vanessa has her own powers. She doesn’t need a ninja/fencer lady.”

Angela Watercutter on the appeal of Penny Dreadful:

“There were so many things that were specific to a certain audience—we’ve talked about the Easter eggs that were specific to people who’ve read Dracula or Picture of Dorian Gray. … I think if you tell [John Logan] that this show is bookish, it’s probably the biggest compliment you could ever possibly give him. I think he also said something to the effect that his show will probably hold the record for the most long phrases of poetry ever recited on a television show. He’s gotten away with reciting more Wordsworth than any showrunner in the history of cable. But again, that’s a specific thing that I think appeals to a certain set of us who wore black eyeliner in high school.”

Ссылка

‘Penny Dreadful’ Season 4 Confirmed: CBS To Give The Show A Proper Ending? Netflix Also Interested?
http://s2.uploads.ru/t/N9MZJ.jpg

"Penny Dreadful" fans got a lot of disappointment when the hit show finally said its goodbye with just only three seasons. Now, fans are asking for help to have "Penny Dreadful" Season 4 by creating online petitions and get the attention of CBS and Netflix to not give up on the show.

The mere disappointment of fans with the end of "Penny Dreadful" came to having the writers create a lot of new characters that still has a lot of story to tell. Vanessa Ives played by Eva Green, choose to die and sacrifice herself for betterment of earth. By doing so, she asked Ethan Chandler played by Josh Hartnett to pull the trigger and end her life.

There are still a lot of plotlines and characters that have not given enough storyline to end "Penny Dreadful" with just season 3. Two petitions have been swirling around on the Change. Org website.

The first petition is Asking Netflix to buy the show. Since Netflix is getting a good name in creating unique and high-quality show, it is just natural that they also look into the potential of the "Penny Dreadful" TV series, according to Morning Ledger.
The second petition is addressed to CBS and creator John Logan to continue "Penny Dreadful" Season 4. Fans want a proper ending to the show even if it is a short fourth season.

It seems that fans are having a difficult time getting over "Penny Dreadful" and its unright ending and dangling storylines. New sources are claiming that because of the massive call by "Penny Dreadful" fans to have its Season 4, CBS is more likely to follow.

Although the end for "Penny Dreadful was already made two years ago, fans are still having a hard time in swallowing the truth.  John Logan knew that it will not go beyond a Season 3 because the story itself is dependent on its main character, Vanessa Ives.

Now that Vanessa Ives, a new story line may still be made just to provide a conclusion to all its characters. Confirmations on "Penny Dreadful" Season 4 had not been made by CBS and if they do, fans can now rejoice.

Would you want to have a "Penny Dreadful" Season 4? Do you think CBS should continue it or is would it be safer if it is with Netflix? Share us your thoughts below.

Ссылка

Не только поклонники сериала не могут прийти в себя после закрытия "Страшных сказок".

Paco Cabezas ‏@Paco_Cabezas 9 июл.

Aunque tenga carpetas de proyectos nuevos, mi fondo de pantalla se niega a olvidar #PennyDreadful #DirkGently
Даже если у вас есть новые папки проекта, мои обои отказывается забыть #PennyDreadful #DirkGently
https://twitter.com/Paco_Cabezas
http://sf.uploads.ru/t/4ahMk.jpg
http://sa.uploads.ru/t/B1qik.png
http://s3.uploads.ru/t/M1ziG.jpg

стилл фильма  "На глубине шести футов" сразу мне напомнил промо постер второго сезона "Страшных сказок"

Penny Dreadful cancelled as the season 3 finale of Penny Dreadful turned out to be the series finale – not that anyone bothered telling the fans before it was all over! *Spoilers all over the place*

Yes, the terribly sad “Penny Dreadful cancelled” headline is correct. Or was it really cancelled? According to creator John Logan, it was the plan all along and it just ran its course. Of course, that leaves the obvious question: Why in the HELL didn’t anyone say so? Usually, you try to work a series finale for all it’s worth. Starting with letting people know that it’s the final season. When you don’t say it up front, then it’s means the show has been cancelled – or someone chose to end it, because they have the power to do so.

However, the claim – and yes, I really want to stand by that wording – is that this was the plan all along for Vanessa. And I can absolutely believe that part. I don’t particular like it, but I do both respect and buy the premise that Vanessa Ives could never actually win in this life.

That simply doesn’t explain why they’ve spent the entire season 3 building up story lines that are not connected to Vanessa Ives. In fact, most of the characters have not interacted with Miss Ives this season. As in, at all. Lily, Dorian, Ethan, Sir Malcolm and Frankenstein have not interacted with her. And Catriona and Dracula/Dr. Sweet were introduced as new characters only involved with her story line, while Dr. Jekyll and Justine had nothing to do with Vanessa Ives at all, and Kaetenay only saw her in a vision and after she died.

I truly loathe being lied to. It’s a pet peeve of mine. I don’t want to be told some PR spin. And while I don’t want to spoil others, I can never keep myself from being spoiled – the time difference of living in Europe makes it pretty hard to not be spoiled anyway.

I just want the creators to give it to me straight (though preferably with a little gay storyline in the mix, as well – sorry, couldn’t help working that pun). Anyway, they could’ve just told us: Was it the ratings? Did you run out of ideas? What was it? Cause this was definitely not it. Not “the plan all along” as far as the entire show goes. I call bullshit and there’s no way you can convince me otherwise, because the proof it right there in the season we just witnessed.

But yes, my beloved Penny Dreadful is indeed over, and we’re left with a whole slew of open-ended story lines. Really rather strange for a series that was always planned to be three seasons, don’t you think?
A quick run-down of some of the characters and where we left them

The Creature
http://sa.uploads.ru/t/h6sj9.jpg

Who killed the Creature?
Was he even killed or did he really “just” die in some horrible accident?
What is his real name?

Lily
http://s6.uploads.ru/t/BGRIj.jpg

We got a bit more information about Brona Croft’s life, but What happens to Lily now? Once again, she’s all alone and doomed to walk this Earth as an immortal and there’s no indication of what she’ll do, but she has no one and nothing. Could she at least have had some sort of revenge over Dorian Gray?
With three years of having this storyline planned, surely you could’ve given us something? Let us see her get on a boat to America or say that she’ll head to Paris. Anything!

Dorian Gray

http://s1.uploads.ru/t/XzjdC.jpg

Dorian Gray himself is also left alone, but he’s pretty much used to this and acts like it’s business as usual and the little Lily footnote of his life – despite her being the one person he could live with forever – is very easily let go by him.

Victor Frankenstein

http://sd.uploads.ru/t/sFzT6.jpg

Having let Lily go, he seems to be getting back to a healthier and happier version of himself.
Ready for new adventures with his true friends, Sir Malcolm and Ethan, but none we’ll see apparently.

Dr. Jekyll
http://s2.uploads.ru/t/KAcTt.jpg

Well, wasn’t that a lovely and very brief acquaintance for us all as an audience. I mean, what the Hell was the point of all that? Nothing you couldn’t have solved with the line “A good friend of mine, Dr Jekyll, found a cure that will bring you back to me, Lily. We can be happy again!” There, done. You’re welcome! We saw hints of Mr. Hyde, but nothing ever really came of it, and then it was neatly wrapped up with his father dying and Frankenstein calling him by his new title “Lord Hyde”. Lovely! Not that the story is actually called Dr Jekyll and Lord Hyde, but whatevs… this was totally the plan all along. No way in Hell, we weren’t about to meet MISTER Hyde in Season 4.

Ethan Chandler
http://s6.uploads.ru/t/Se1Pt.jpg

Well, he resisted evil and fulfilled his life mission as the Hound of God. And isn’t that lovely for him? Or wait… did he actually do that?! He helped Vanessa, but Dracula is still out there. And the old vampire himself said that this Hound of God had been foretold as the one to end him. Also, Ethan lost the love of his life – even though he hooked up with a demon witch just a few episodes earlier, but he was struggling and well, you know, “They were on a break!”. Basically, everything sucks for the Wolfman, but don’t worry, it was – say it with me now – THE PLAN ALL ALONG.

Sir Malcolm Murray

http://s9.uploads.ru/t/LhzRx.jpg

At least he got a few lines to state that now everyone he’s know throughout the more normal parts of his life are gone, since Vanessa was the last link to his life before all this happened. He now has Ethan as they’ve chosen to be each other’s family, but doesn’t know what to do… or who he is in this world even. Umm, how about going to Egypt and finding Ferdinand Lyle – something many were suspecting was being set up for season 4.

Catriona Hartdegen
http://s0.uploads.ru/t/2YqLt.jpg

What an amazing character to spring on us more than halfway through a season of a show you were just about to end. That girl was on fire in the season finale – sorry, I mean, the very planned series finale – and seemed like the perfect human being to take over Vanessa’s place in the group. Not that anyone could replace Vanessa, and Catriona is VERY different, but since they’d be heading in a new direction anyway (*cough* Egypt), it made sense.

Farewell videos from creator John Logan

But never you mind my paranoia and refusal to accept this story line, which was obviously the plan all along. And again, I do accept that this was the story of Vanessa Ives, but there were plenty of other characters to continue with – even if Vanessa Ives was a cornerstone character.

I do adore John Logan for his creation, but I really hate the way this has been treated. You really shouldn’t lie to the people, who are making your career. The production companies and TV stations may be paying you, but unless people watch your shows that will soon end. Having said that… I know I’ll still watch his creations in the future, but I won’t expect him to end them well.

Here’s a video of creator John Logan, Josh Hartnett (Ethan) and Eva Green (Vanessa) explaining the final moments for Ethan and Vanessa on Penny Dreadful:

And this is John Logan’s farewell to the fans and a thank you to the cast and crew of Penny Dreadful:

Ссылка

Босс Шоутайм Gary Levine о том, почему не сказали поклонникам Penny Dreadful  сразу, что третий сезон- завершающий.

Showtime bosses on why they didn't tell you about Penny Dreadful
http://s1.uploads.ru/t/lPQe8.jpg

Had Penny Dreadful returned for a fourth season, it would have looked as new as one of Victor Frankenstein’s creations.

Showtime’s Gothic horror series surprised fans when its season 3 finale ended with the death of Eva Green’s Vanessa Ives — and an ominous title card reading, “The End.” The unexpected series finale originated with creator John Logan, who, according to Showtime programming president Gary Levine, “didn’t want to cast a pall on the final season.”

“He also didn’t want to tip to the death of Vanessa Ives,” said Levine. “I think we all together came to the idea [of], You know what? The series has made bold moves in all different directions. Let’s make a bold move of putting up ‘The End’ at the end of the final episode and then announcing to the world that it was over.”

Speaking during Showtime’s executive session on the final day of the Television Critic’s Association’s summer press tour, Levine and Showtime CEO David Nevins revealed that they’d made repeated attempts to extend the drama’s lifespan, even without Eva Green — or, possibly, Logan — involved.

“I think [Logan] always envisioned a three-season arc for her and that character,” Nevins said. “I was trying to keep open the possibility of going beyond, but as we were going into that final season, it became clear that the combination of that character and John as a writer were the heart of the show, so it seemed like it was going to be foolhardy to continue going.”

“The death of Vanessa Ives was plotted,” added Levine, explaining that Logan considered how there might be “life for the series beyond Vanessa Ives” but concluded that, “for him, there wasn’t.”

“So then it became a question for us: Is there a life for the series beyond both Vanessa Ives and John Logan’s writing? And for us, we thought the series would just lose its authenticity that way. So it was a moving target, which is partly why we chose to end it.”

Vanessa might say it wasn’t in the cards.

Additional reporting by Marc Snetiker

Ссылка+ видео

Но что-то эти их оправдания не греют...  :dontknow:  :'(

Интервью с Рори Киннером, о ролях и Создании Франкенштейна в "Ужасах по дешевке". И, говорили о скоропостижном финале сериала. 

Вы были удивлены, когда Джон Логан решил прервать "Ужасы по дешевке" после третьей серии? у сериала было много поклонников, и они ожидали, что история могла продолжаться.

Джон всегда говорил, что он представлял это как три сезона, и я должен сказать, когда я прочитал первые несколько эпизодов, я почувствовал, что эти персонажи могут пойти по траектории из трех серий, и это подтвердилось.

Это первый раз, когда Джон написал широкоформатный сценарий для телевизионного сериала, и он написал всю историю сам, кроме трех эпизодов, и я думаю, что это всемогущая рабочая нагрузка для того, кто также вечером напишет фильм о Бонде или во время получасового обеда будет писать сценарий своего следующего бродвейского шоу! Его талант и его трудовая этика необыкновенны, и я думаю, вероятно, как и я, я чувствую, что он подумал: «Я сделал то, что хотел с этими персонажами. Я рассказал историю, которую хотел рассказать». И, чтобы рассказать об этом настолько деликатно, запутанно и разумно, как он, почему бы не выйти на улицу, когда дела идут хорошо, а не растягивать?

Rory Kinnear interview: Guerrilla, Bond, Penny Dreadful, Count Arthur Strong

Even within Penny Dreadful, counting demonic possession you played something like four different roles. You even managed to avoid being pigeon-holed within a single show!

[Laughs] Well that was thanks to [Penny Dreadful creator] John Logan really, I didn’t have much to do with that!

I suppose what I’m trying to say, in a ham-fisted way, is that you’re able to create empathy for characters I wouldn’t necessarily feel I could empathise with.

That was the nice thing about The Creature in Penny Dreadful. He’s set up, obviously as the scary baddy and over the course of three series, you realise he’s the most wounded and fractured and broken of all the characters. That’s quite often, not to be too sympathetic about it, the way when people do bad things.

Were you surprised when John Logan decided to bring Penny Dreadful to an end after series three? A lot of fans were and thought it could have continued.

John’s always said that he imagined it as three series and I have to say, when I read the first few episodes I sort of felt that these characters could go on a trajectory of three series and that proved to be.

It’s the first time John has written long-format TV and he wrote all but three of the episodes I think, that’s an almighty workload for someone who also, during the evening, will write a Bond film or during the half-hour lunchbreak will be writing his next Broadway show! His output and his work ethic is extraordinary and I think probably, like myself, I feel like he thought ‘I’ve done what I wanted to do with these characters. I’ve told the story I wanted to tell.’ And to tell it as delicately and intricately and intelligently as he did, why not go out when the going’s good rather than stretch it thin.

Talking about John’s writing, you had some terrific speeches as Caliban and John Clare. Are there any that stick with you and you look fondly back on? I know you studied English at university, when you generally can’t move for Wordsworth…

[Laughs] I did enjoy reciting some of the poetry and actually coming across John Clare, who I didn’t really know that well, and reading more of his stuff. That was my own joy, burrowing into him a bit more. I think one of the speeches at the end of the first series when he talks about the monster not being in his face but in his soul. I also really loved the final scenes of that episode with me and Eva as well.

http://sd.uploads.ru/t/NUTzg.jpg

Целиком интервью по ссылке.

Вы здесь » Josh Hartnett Forum » Фильмы. Movies » Страшные сказки 3-й сезон / Penny Dreadful Season 3