Josh Hartnett Forum

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » Josh Hartnett Forum » Новости. News » Новые звезды Голливуда - странные тенденции

Новые звезды Голливуда - странные тенденции

Сообщений 1 страница 3 из 3

Today's Male Actors

Orlando Bloom, Jake Gyllenhaal, Josh Hartnett, Jared Leto... these are the leading men of today's film industry, but they are hardly men in the sense that Steve McQueen and Charles Bronson were. When McQueen was off the set he was driving motorcycles in the Baja 1000; not posing for Us Weekly in front of Starbucks.

Of course, this discrepancy hasn't stopped the movie studios from thrusting these actors onto us as the new faces of our gender. Having secured them a wide female following through chick flicks like Bubble Boy and 40 Days and 40 Nights, the likes of Gyllenhaal and Hartnett are now being positioned as "men's men" in movies like Jarhead and the forthcoming The Prince of Cool (the biopic in which Hartnett will play heroin-addicted ,toothless jazz musician Chet Baker).

Are these actors really accurate representations of our gender? Or simply the unfortunate victims of a media-saturated world which would have given McQueen a similar makeover? And if these guys aren't fit to represent men at large, which actors are? Weigh in with your own posts on how manly today's male actors are.

Источник

Looking for the next Hollywood hunk

Rachel Abramowitz
Los Angeles Times

HOLLYWOOD — Call it the hunt for the new male movie star — a youngster to step into the shoes of Tom Hanks, Brad Pitt or even Leonardo DiCaprio, who’s already hit the ripe old age of 32. In the next year, Hollywood is betting a billion dollars on a raft of relative unknowns in the hopes of creating a star to appeal to Millennial Generation, those born between 1978 and 2000.

Ever heard of Emile Hirsch, James McAvoy or Sam Worthington? If not, you’re not alone, but that hasn’t stopped Warner Bros. and the Wachowski brothers from casting the 22-year old Hirsch in next summer’s tent pole “Speed Racer,” or Universal from putting the 28-year old Brit McAvoy in their spring 2008 action film “Wanted,” a potential franchise that co-stars Angelina Jolie. The macho Worthington — who’s not even famous among the cognoscenti — is a 30-year old Australian actor who won the jackpot recently when he landed the lead in “Avatar,” director James Cameron much heralded return to moviemaking, due out in 2009.

“The studios need that new generation,” says casting director Joseph Middleton, who recently auditioned almost every guy in his early 20s for Doug Liman’s next film, “Jumper,” about a teleporting kid. “This is a window that opens every decade for the stars we’re going to be watching for the next 30 years.”

Or as former studio chief-turned producer Tom Pollock puts it: “It seems that new stars — they come in bunches, and it’s been a drought for a while.”

Consider 20-year old Shia LaBeouf, the first among equals in this set of new leading men. A former Disney Channel star, LaBeouf rocked the industry last month when his film “Disturbia” opened to a healthy $22 million, far more than the recent openings of such pricey stalwarts as 43-year-old Nicolas Cage, 35-year-old Mark Wahlberg, or 52-year-old Bruce Willis.

LaBeouf also stars in this summer’s blockbuster wannabe, the $145 million “Transformers,” one of the few nonsequels to generate enthusiasm among teenagers. And he has been anointed by Steven Spielberg to co-star alongside Harrison Ford, in the long-awaited fourth installment of “Indiana Jones,” which will debut next May.

Despite his heat, LaBeouf is still a steal in Hollywood terms. According to insiders, he earned $400,000 for “Disturbia,” $500,000 for “Transformers” and will move into the $1 million range for “Indiana Jones.” That’s a fraction of the standard mega-star salary, the $20 million and 20 percent of the first-dollar gross required to garner the services of a Pitt or DiCaprio.

“It’s an economical thing,” says Universal President of Production Donna Langley, whose studio not only cast McAvoy but has recently tapped 26-year-old Aussie unknown Luke Ford to take over “The Mummy” franchise. “We have to have movie-star movies, but you can’t be in that business for all 15 to 20 movies you’re making a year. If you can catch somebody on the upswing of his career, that’s a nice place to be too.”

In Hollywood, youth is a matter of not just age, but of exposure. Whereas LaBeouf, Hirsch and Steven Strait (star of Roland Emmerich’s prehistoric action flick “10,000 B.C.”) are in their early 20s, the growing crew of would-be stars from England and Australia tend to be slightly older, but still new to Hollywood’s embrace.

Many have emerged as a result of collective Hollywood fatigue with the sensitive young men who have populated filmdom recently — the generation of people like Orlando Bloom, Josh Hartnett, Jake Gyllenhaal, even Tobey Maguire.

Director Cameron considered almost every actor in his 20s to play “Avatar’s” lead, a silent, stoic former Marine suffering from a spinal injury. He quickly grew frustrated with the stars who were available. “I didn’t think they were tough enough for what I wanted them to do. (I kept thinking) ‘Where are the men? Show me the men.’”

“The whole sensitive man phenomenon is appealing, but we’re looking to get back to a more masculine movie star,” says casting director Joanna Colbert.

Still, betting on unknowns can be risky. No one walked out of last summer’s “Superman Returns” overly impressed by newcomer Brandon Routh; his overly pretty appearance and charisma deficit appear to have dampened the box office returns.

“Although they might not be household names yet, most in the class of 2007 have fairly extensive acting resumes. LaBeouf and Hirsch were child actors. McAvoy has appeared in British television since 1995, but caught Hollywood’s attention only with his turn as Mr. Tumnus in 2005’s ”The Chronicles of Narnia.” “Avatar’s” star Worthington has knocked about Australian TV and film for the last six years.

For the lucky few, getting the nod can be an exhilarating experience. LaBeouf had no idea why Spielberg had summoned him to his office out of the blue. ”I think he thought I was going to call him in to punish him for something he did in one of the two movies he did for DreamWorks. He walked in my office like he was walking into the principal’s. He came in looking all hang dog,” recalls the director. Then Spielberg offered him the role as Indiana Jones’ sidekick. Spielberg describes the youngster’s reaction: ”I thought that young man was going to drop dead of a heart attack in my office.”

Источник

В общем, в недоумении находятся киноведы и киноманы, ведь актеры вроде Джареда Лето, Джоша Хартнетта, Тоби Макгуаяра, Орландо Блюма и проч. становятся лицом современного МУЖЧИНЫ, а ведь выглядят они все далеко не как Стив Маккуин и иконы экрана прошлых лет. Вот и как теперь быть, мода ушла в неизвестном направлении  :D Даже Джош будет играть в биопике Чета Бейкера... В общем, куча статей нынче ходит в интернете по этому поводу. Кроме того, перебирают новых актеров, потенциальных звезд будущего, кому интересно можно пройти по этой ссылке, но слабонервным не рекомендую... если ЭТИ лица - будущее Голливуда, то я лучше буду смотреть старые фильмы  :D Короче говоря, в чем сыр-бор понять не могу. Раз Джош и другие молодые актеры популярны, то что в этом плохого. Просто нынче мужчины стали лучше сохранятся и юношеские очертания в их внешности не пропадают и с достижением 30-летнего возраста. Жопаделаешь  :D В любом случае, приятно, что Джоша во всех этих статьях перечисляют как одного из ярчайших представителей своего поколения актеров Голливуда.  :i-m so happy:

Вы здесь » Josh Hartnett Forum » Новости. News » Новые звезды Голливуда - странные тенденции