M. Night Shyamalan

Writer

M. Night Shyamalan

Stars

Josh HartnettHayley MillsMarnie McPhai

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26753003/

What To Expect From Trap
M. Night Shyamalan's Next Movie Continues A Career Trend

While Trap plot details remain under wraps, the film has been confirmed to be in the thriller genre, which is in keeping with most of Shyamalan's other films, including Knock at the Cabin. Shyamalan has also written the script for the movie, which is also typical of the filmmaker. In addition to Hartnett, the Trap cast includes Saleka Shyamalan, Hayley Mills, and Marnie McPhail, among others.
Since Trap is not a movie from a struck studio, the film was able to enter production in August 2023 in Ohio as the SAG-AFTRA strike continued. With filming having reportedly wrapped in December, there's no reason why the film won't be able to hit its planned August release date. Many other films originally planned for 2024 haven't been so lucky, with numerous projects having now been delayed into 2025.

Trap's actual plot may not yet have been revealed, but past Shyamalan movies suggest that there will be some kind of twist featured somewhere in the narrative. Most past entries in the filmmaker's filmography have either revolved around or included one unexpected twist, including the likes of The Sixth Sense, Old, Signs, Split, and Knock at the Cabin. With Trap's release date now about six months away, the first promotional materials for the film will hopefully start to be released in the next month or two.

https://screenrant.com/trap-movie-m-nig … ett-tease/

Trap | Official Trailer

Its a Trap!

Oh, the sound I just made. M. Night Shyamalan has been sorta-kinda mounting a comeback for almost a decade now, starting with 2015s low-budget horror The Visit all the way through to last years end-of-the-world-thriller Knock at the Cabin. (Lets just skip over Glass, all right? It still hurts.) As an old Shyamalan-head, Ive mostly greeted the renaissance with respectable grunts, but theres something about the premise of his latest, Trap, slated to hit theaters August 9.

Josh Hartnett plays a hot dad whos taking his teenage daughter to see a vaguely Rihanna-esque superstar played by Shyamalans own offspring Saleka (whose sister Ishana is also hitting theaters this summer with her own directorial debut) when he notices cops massing at the venue. Naturally, one wonders: Terrorism? Aliens? A rival superstar mounting a siege? Not quite. As Hot Dad Hartnett learns from a merch-stand employee, the cops hope to capture a serial killer they believe is attending the concert. Turns out, Hot Dad Hartnett happens to have a nanny cam watching the victim in his basement. Did we forget this is a Shyamalan flick? Now thats a twist. Will it be the only one? Hope not!

https://www.vulture.com/article/m-night … -date.html

Warner Bros Pushes Up Release Date For Trap, Dates Four Other Projects    :flag:
https://forumupload.ru/uploads/0000/0e/cb/129/t750779.jpg

Warner Bros. announced on Thursday that Trap, the latest thriller from two-time Oscar nominee M. Night Shyamalan, will go earlier, moving up a week from August 9 to August 2nd.

At the same time, the studio unveiled release dates for four untitled projects. An UNTITLED NL/ATOMIC MONSTER/BLUMHOUSE EVENT FILM will open on April 17, 2026, while an UNTITLED WB EVENT FILM will debut March 26, 2027. An UNTITLED WPBA/LOCKSMITH FILM will unspool on July 23, 2027, with an UNTITLED WB FAMILY SEQUEL releasing December 17, 2027.

One of the most anticipated titles of the summer, Shyamalans Trap, starring Josh Hartnett and Saleka Shyamalan, is now poised to open against Neons horror thriller Cuckoo starring Hunter Schafer, Columbia Pictures Harold and the Purple Crayon, and the Kino Lorber drama Sebastian, among other films.

Pic watches as a man and his daughter attend a pop concert where they realize theyre at the center of a dark and sinister event. When the father notices a heightened police presence at the venue, hes alerted to the fact that the concert was put together as an elaborate ruse to catch a serial killer. Little does the vendor who tells him this know that the killer is, were led to believe, Hartnett himself. Shyamalan directed the film from his own script and produced alongside Marc Bienstock and Ashwin Rajan.

Most recently releasing The Watchers, the debut feature of Ishana Night Shyamalan, Warner Bros is set to unveil Horizon: An American Saga Chapter 1 on June 28, with Chapter 2 debuting August 23. Other upcoming projects from the studio include Twisters on July 19, Zoë Kravitzs directorial debut Blink Twice on August 23, and Beetlejuice Beetlejuice on September 6, to name just a few.

https://deadline.com/2024/06/trap-movie … 235973103/

Trap - Official Trailer #2 (2024) Josh Hartnett, M. Night Shyamalan

Watch the new Trap movie trailer. Trap is a crime mystery thriller from the mind of M. Night Shyamalan and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.

A father and teen daughter attend a pop concert, where they realize theyre at the center of a dark and sinister event.

Trap stars Josh Hartnett, Ariel Donoghue, Saleka Shyamalan, Hayley Mills, and Allison Pill. The film is written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan alongside being produced by  Ashwin Rajan, Marc Bienstock, and M. Night Shyamalan. The executive producer is Steven Schneider.

Trap in theaters only nationwide in the US on August 2, 2024 and internationally beginning on July 31.

M. Night Shyamalan Says Inspiration for Trap Was Silence of the Lambs Meets Taylor Swift Concert

The thriller-mystery starring Josh Hartnett hits theaters Aug. 9.

M. Night Shyamalan teases fans that Trap is more than just a thriller-mystery, but also a concert film.

The Oscar-nominated filmmaker opened up about the concept behind his upcoming film starring Josh Hartnett in a recent interview with Empire magazine. When asked how he pitched the movie, Shyamalan responded, What if The Silence of the Lambs happened at a Taylor Swift concert?

Trap follows a father (Hartnett) and his teen daughter (Ariel Donoghue), who attend a pop concert by Lady Raven (Shyamalans daughter, Saleka Shyamalan). However, they realize theyre actually at the center of a much darker event a police operation to capture a serial killer.

Shyamalan said the movie was partially inspired by the twisted and funny real-life 1985 Operation Flagship, a sting operation by U.S. Marshals and the DC Metropolitan Police Department, which resulted in the arrest of more than 100 wanted fugitives after they were coaxed to a stadium with free NFL tickets. The director added that his daughters rising music career also influenced the story.

I directed an entire concert! he told Empire. And it wasnt just a thing in the background. Its equally important. There is no pretend concert going on. I love the idea of cinema as windows within windows. One of the reasons to come see the movie at the movie theater is because theres literally a real concert that you can see nowhere except in that movie.

The Knock at the Cabin director-writer explained that he wanted the overall film to be an original and unique experience for viewers.

I really do believe in the original movie, Shyamalan added. I want the industry to move towards more original storytelling. I think audiences would really like it. Look, I know theres safety in IP. But its really important that we come to the movies and see something weve never seen before. Ill keep fighting for that.

Trap, from Warner Bros. Pictures, hits theaters on Aug. 9.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie … 235940423/

https://forumupload.ru/uploads/0000/0e/cb/129/t936006.jpg

poster

Trap | Official Trailer 2   :flag:

M. Night Shyamalan considers himself lucky to still be directing

M. Night Shyamalan is astonished that he is still making movies over 30 years on from his directorial debut.

M. Night Shyamalan is amazed by the longevity of his directing career.

The 53-year-old filmmaker's latest psychological thriller 'Trap' is due to be released next month and he is grateful to still be behind the camera more than three decades on from his debut picture 'Praying with Anger'.

Shyamalan told Empire magazine: "Well, to be still doing this after 30 years is so exciting. They are original movies, but they are also from the same author. This is part of a longer conversation that pre-existed this and will continue after this. It's so rare, to have this relationship with the audience."

The 'Sixth Sense' filmmaker added: "You know, I've had number-one movies in four separate decades now. Which is absolutely insane, what I just said to you."

Despite his success, Shyamalan takes nothing for granted when it comes to directing.

He said: "If 'Trap' was my last movie, I'd be so happy about that. It's already beyond anybody's wildest dreams?"

'Trap' is set a pop concert where police are attempting to snare a serial killer and Shyamalan explained that Josh Hartnett was the perfect actor to play the killer known as 'The Butcher'.

The director said: "We had a generation of actors that were just stars.

"Josh Hartnett might be one of the rarest people because he is that kind of superstar. Honestly, I can tell you that no-one could have done the part better. No-one. Out of seven billion people."

A trailer for the film proved popular with fans when it was released earlier this year and Shyamalan knows that a successful movie begins long before it comes out in the cinema.

He said: "The response (to the trailer) was so amazing.

"The story already starts months before you come into the movie theatre. As a storyteller, I have to be part of that. I was very careful."

https://www.contactmusic.com/m-night-sh … =mail_news

M. Night Shyamalan Pitched Trap As Silence Of The Lambs At A Taylor Swift Concert

https://forumupload.ru/uploads/0000/0e/cb/129/t847908.jpg

M. Night Shyamalan has always dealt in the art of the high-concept film but even by his own standards, Trap might be his highest concept ever. As revealed by its tantalising trailer, the film sees dad Cooper (Josh Hartnett) and daughter Riley (Ariel Donoghue) go to a much-hyped pop concert by Lady Raven (aka Shyamalans own daughter, Saleka). Except, the show isnt just a must-have ticket to rival the Eras Tour. No, the whole thing is also a police operation to capture serial killer The Butcher, who (unless a twist proves otherwise; this is a Shyamalan joint after all) looks to be gasp! Hartnetts Cooper. Its an idea that can be boiled down to a simple pitch from Shyamalan: What if The Silence Of The Lambs happened at a Taylor Swift concert? Boom.

As Shyamalan tells Empire in the new The Rings Of Power Season 2 issue, Trap was inspired in part by the real Operation Flagship a 1985 plot in which several fugitives were offered free NFL tickets, and the chance to win an all-expenses-paid Super Bowl trip. Except, 100-odd hopefuls attended and discovered that it was a sting operation. It was hilarious, Shyamalan chuckles. The cops were literally cheerleaders and mascots. These guys were dancing as they came in. And they were all caught. It was so twisted and funny. Combine that with Salekas rising pop career, and Shyamalan envisaged a very scary and Hitchcockian ride one that adds a new string to the filmmakers bow. I directed an entire concert! he says. And it wasnt just a thing in the background. Its equally important. There is no pretend concert going on. I love the idea of cinema as windows within windows. One of the reasons to come see the movie at the movie theatre is because theres literally a real concert that you can see nowhere except in that movie.

For Shyamalan, Trap represents another example of making unique, unexpected and original films continuing to self-fund his own work, allowing him take all kinds of narrative risks in the process. I really do believe in the original movie, he says. I want the industry to move towards more original storytelling. I think audiences would really like it. Look, I know theres safety in IP. But its really important that we come to the movies and see something weve never seen before. Ill keep fighting for that. If you cant get a ticket to the Eras Tour, then, or to the Lady Raven concert, you can definitely get a ticket to Trap.
Read Empires full Trap feature speaking to M Night Shyamalan and Josh Hartnett about their all-singing, all-dancing, serial-killer thriller in The Rings Of Power Season 2 issue, on sale Thursday 4 July. Pre-order a copy now choose the Galadriel cover, or the Sauron cover. Trap comes to UK cinemas from 9 August.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/new … lor-swift/

M. Night Shyamalans Daughter and Trap Star Saleka Debuts Save Me, a New Song From the Film

Singer and actress Saleka Shyamalan, daughter of top director M. Night, has released the single Save Me.

The song is taken from M. Night Shyamalans upcoming thriller Trap, which is due Aug. 2 and stars Saleka as well as Josh Hartnett, Hayley Mills and Marnie McPhail. In the film, Saleka plays the fictional pop icon Lady Raven, with Hartnett as a doting father who takes his teenage daughter to see the singer in concert. However, things take a sinister turn when it becomes clear that a large number of police are at the concert looking for a serial killer.

Save Me is among the 14 songs she composed, performed and produced for the films soundtrack album, Lady Raven, which features special appearances by Kid Cudi, Russ and Amaarae.

Saleka was actually the inspiration for the film: Speaking with Varietys Jenelle Riley, M. Night said he was inspired to write the story after watching his daughter perform and collaborated closely with her, writing the script as she wrote songs for the film.

I would say to Saleka, This is the outline, and we need this moment here. This is what hes doing at this moment, and I need a song here, and she just went away and wrote, kind of slightly scoring it in the way she was writing the songs, he said. I didnt ask her to do that, she was just feeling it out and commenting on the scenes.

Speaking about the films soundtrack, Saleka said, Theres a duality. I wanted to make an album that could stand on its own and embody the sounds and genres I love. At the same time, every song was made for a specific scene with clear intention.

Having the external storyline made the process so inspired, she continued. I could write in a way that was incredibly free since I wasnt thinking about myself. I ended up editing myself less and exploring facets of my own emotions that I would be too scared to dive into without having Lady Raven to speak through.

The film was also inspired by the Shyamalans love for Bollywood and musicals.

Purple Rain is one of our favorite movies, she says. Film and music often go hand in hand in our culture; they are equally important in Bollywood movies. The concept for Trap came from family conversations in the kitchen about wanting to bring these two art forms together in our own way. I wrote a lot of the songs at my parents house in the living room. This project felt like home, but allowed me to try musical ideas I never had before. Its so pure and special to me.

https://variety.com/2024/artisans/news/ … 236068062/

» Josh Hartnett Forum » . Movies » Trap